PDA

View Full Version : E16SE Wiring Help Needed.

Tomm
08-02-15, 12:29 AM
Hello Chaps,

I was kind of hoping that I could figure this out myself through researching online but I think that I am going to be needing a bit of help. I posted this exact thread over on Migweb and got a response from Mowgli, so I thought that maybe I would get a better response from over here. So here it goes.

I have a classic mini which I am installing a E16SE into, so the information regards connect wire x to wire Y isn't much use, Ideally I need to know what each wire does, I think I am getting there but I am a little lost. I have searched and there seems to be a lot of people asking and not many answers. I have read through forums and I can't really seem to find what I am after.

I am after some help. What I want to do is start my engine up in my frame before bolting it to the car, this was if I have any problems I can sort them out in the warm rather than out in the cold.

I have an E16SE engine bolted in the frame, i have my loom attached to my engine correctly as far as I can see.

From looking through the net I seem to have found a couple of things and here is what i've discovered so far. I think I am looking for a 5 pin plug, I can't find a plug but have 6 wires that are cut and floating about.

They are

1 - Thick Red (I don't think this was part of the plug)
2 - Red & Blue
3 - Blue
4 - Black
5 - Green
6 - Brown & white

Can some one correct me If I am wrong here.

1 - Thick Red - 12V from starter
2 - Red & Blue - Fuel Pump
3 - Blue -
4 - Black - 12V from barrel
5 - Green - Rev Feed
6 - Brown & white - Connect to a lamp and earth for EML.

I have been told that the Blue should not be part of the E16SE Loom, the Blue wire is only about 10" long, it starts at the plug area of the loom and comes out of the wrap with a spade connector on the other end. It comes out with a two pin plug that is Brown&Blue and Brown&Red. Is there any chance that this has been added in by someone at a later date for something like a coolant temp or something?

What am I going to need to power up to get the engine to start, just the red and black, jump the starter and go from there?

This is the first time I have done anything like this, so any and all help would be hugely appreciated.

therealnovaboy
08-02-15, 04:30 AM
I think the blue wire is from the temp sensor that sits on the inlet manifold. should be a little brass lug that the spade slides into on the inlet manifold. the rest sounds about right except the thick the red should really go to the battery. it should go from the relay to the battery

as long as you have everything connected up inc the fuel pump and earths then it should run.

dgbnova#1
08-02-15, 09:45 AM
Yes all correct red from starter or direct from battery but I guess easyer from starter on a mini
blue it temp wire it goes on the back of the inlet there is a 2"x3" alloy block with 2 pipes comeing off it the temp sensor is there