PDA

View Full Version : gsi fuel tank questions

rich a
31-01-15, 05:04 PM
Hi guys need some help ,removed the tank and i'm trying to remove the sender but it seems no matter which way I twist it it won't come out. Im worried about breaking it ,inside it looks like the pickup is stuck inside a plastic bowl an ideas ?

Also so it leaked when I first brought the car when I brimmed it ,now I have it out should the thin breather pipe be on top of the tank or laying along the seam around the middle of the tank

Cheers guys

bazil
31-01-15, 05:49 PM
It bolts in so twist it either way to break the seal,

The plastic bowl is the "swirl pot" that keeps fuel available to the pick up on cornering when low on fuel,

Yes the breather runs round the seam of the tank,

This is how it looks out if the tank
http://i790.photobucket.com/albums/yy181/Bazil_2468/random3/31cafbb7.jpg (http://s790.photobucket.com/user/Bazil_2468/media/random3/31cafbb7.jpg.html)

rich a
31-01-15, 06:44 PM
cheers Bazil all the bolts are out, I have broken the seal but can't seem to twist in out , it seems to get stuck which ever way i twist it ?

So the breather pipe is in the right place ? I thought it seemed to low as if u brim it it would start to siphon the fuel out.

Maddukeman
31-01-15, 10:38 PM
My unit was in upside down when I got it, thought it was just a thirsty , then put two & two together with gauge not working , think there is just a nak to it, float ball fell off first time I got it in aswell

rich a
01-02-15, 08:06 AM
Cheers bud at least mine is the right way up. Im more worried about breaking it i know u can't buy them any more just need to grow a pair an get on lol

dgbnova#1
01-02-15, 08:44 AM
Yes there a pain in the ass to negotiate out just need to keep at it till it comes out the bottom of the tanks not bent up is it ? Like bashed or jacked up on

rich a
01-02-15, 06:20 PM
Hi Dave no the tank is straight just rusted to funk. i had another go this afternoon an finally got it out have to say if someone ask me how i couldn't tell u, fecking thing