PDA

View Full Version : Inner rear arch mods???

Ian_Gsi16v
17-09-03, 12:28 AM
Need to mod my rear inner arches as my wheels are hitting them.

Whats the best way to do this? I've got a hammer sized mallet, would that work? Block of wood and hammer?

I mean the rear inner wing btw not the arch lip :D

Gobby
17-09-03, 01:51 AM
when I put my 15" alloys on me old nova I just used a small mash hammer, put the wheel on and turned it slowly to find out where it was catching and hit the inner arch untill there was no scrubbing.

if you do that, remember and underseal the bit you hit as the sealant can crack, like mine did

?Marty?
17-09-03, 03:39 AM
Or, if there's corrosion (not visible because of the underseal - which could have been applied ontop/after etc), you could rip a hole in the arch.

What width and offset are the wheels?

Try spacers.

Breeny
17-09-03, 09:32 AM
Rubber mallet if the arches are good condition... When I had my 18's on the the old blue one, I had to tap it back a little bit. Dont whack it too hard you'll end up in the boot! Or even worse if you do it too much... you'll end up mishaping the rear bench mounts.. which will be a pain in the arse if you ever come to removing and adding the rear seat.

Ian_Gsi16v
17-09-03, 06:00 PM
Thanks, gonna give it ago at the weekend.

What width and offset are the wheels?

Allessio 2's but its dropped 80mm

parrington21
21-09-03, 11:24 PM
Did u make sure the wheels are for a nova? coz nova's have a really rare offset of 49 and if there not between 45 and 49 they will rub on the inner arch, which is happening to me and my 15's but if you have got the right offset 17's should go straight on, thats how much the offset affects the wheel. If your buying alloys new for a nova make sure the offset is right most garages dont know much about it and will say anything to sell them.

dave.gsi
21-09-03, 11:45 PM
allesio 2's. the original nova rim with the right offest/width combo

Aamir
26-09-03, 03:37 PM
Gotta be lower than 80mm then, I've heard with alessio's
you can go down to 90mm, only prob then is the fronts !!!