PDA

View Full Version : how to find out a company's profit?

Edd
21-01-15, 11:57 AM
Is there a way of finding out a company's profit figures?

The company I work for has different plants across Europe, but I want the figures just for the UK

It's not a private company so I'm thinking the figures must be published public somewhere

Stuart
21-01-15, 12:12 PM
companies house.

You'll probably have to pay.
but most large companies have profit/loss etc on their own website.

EwanG
21-01-15, 12:12 PM
Check the companyhouse website.

Edd
21-01-15, 12:20 PM
Stu, they do have it on the website, but only as the whole group

They won't publish each plant/country as our place is saying we're making fcuk all and want to cut terms and conditions again

Which I know is utter crap as we're flat out and they've just spent £7m on new equipment

Unite has sorted strike action, 36 hours a week for 10 weeks

I just want more information as I believe whoever strikes will be pushed out, they just got rid of a load of people through redundancy and settlement shiz

Stuart
21-01-15, 12:28 PM
lol gotta love the unions jumping to conclusions and demanding a strike.
but yeah, I'd push out anyone who strikes :)

I'd imagine workfoce costs etc mean that there is likely minimal profit from a UK plant compared to a european plant

Mike
21-01-15, 05:55 PM
if its a group or a consurtium owned business then you'll have to pay to get company financial history through either companies house or company check.

Then youll have to delve through all the data to find your site of work and only then you might be able to figure out there turnover. And then see there actual profit.

However nearly every business thats a group effort, they share the money around to offset financial shortfalls at other sites should there be any. As for spending xyz on new machinery.... its coming up for tax declaration time, more you spend more you have to offset on the tax from billions of pounds in turnover.

Ill leave my opinions on unions for another day lol lol

Edd
21-01-15, 07:04 PM
i don't like unions either, mainly because i HATE the Labour Party and all unions are is a cash feed to the country ruining scum

BUT Unite seem to be the only option to help not getting shafted

Mike
21-01-15, 07:08 PM
i don't like unions either, mainly because i HATE the Labour Party and all unions are is a cash feed to the country ruining scum

BUT Unite seem to be the only option to help not getting shafted

How long you worked there Edd?

Edd
21-01-15, 07:16 PM
9 years

all was good until the takeover lol £30k a year, loads of time off, profit good, loads of orders, we make ALL Innocent smoothies and juice, all juices forsupermarkets etc, decent on my doorstep job

now this new company wants more profit and wants to find it in emploees wages, hence they want to cut everyone in my role by £5k a year, which is about 400 people

Mike
21-01-15, 07:20 PM
Id be taking the redundancy package and leaving mate.

Even if five years from now it all goes back "like the good old days" of 2013, once trust in an employer is lost it will never be regained!

Edd
21-01-15, 07:23 PM
i turned down the redundancy package before Christmas lol as i will struggle to find any unskilled job round here for £25k

the agreement was they would garentee my current wage untill the new wage of £25k caught up with mine

now there on about ripping up that agreement FFS fcuking steaming ATM

Andy
21-01-15, 07:48 PM
Just because the company is booming dont mean your plant is.
Sounds like you have a soul destroyingly monotonous fukknut factory job lol
id be thankful of anything over min wage in a factory.

Mike
21-01-15, 08:06 PM
Yea thats the thing, 25k is good money for an unskilled generic factory worker to be honest.

turbojolt
21-01-15, 08:11 PM
stick it out and start using some of that money to get qualifications, cant believe you have been on that money doing what you do for so long and not invested in yourself!

Edd
21-01-15, 08:37 PM
Ive spent it all on a house, a wedding and a nova lol

i have been back to college to do NVQ level 1,2 and 3 in Performing Engineering Operations tho which will help getting a new job

i enjoy my wage and current duties tho lol

Mike
21-01-15, 08:48 PM
I did PEO nvq, definetly gave me the edge doing what I do over most other applicants!

turbojolt
21-01-15, 08:59 PM
Ive spent it all on a house, a wedding and a nova lol

i have been back to college to do NVQ level 1,2 and 3 in Performing Engineering Operations tho which will help getting a new job

i enjoy my wage and current duties tho lol

:thumb:

life always gets in the way lol

Edd
21-01-15, 10:07 PM
After been there for 9 years the thought of applying for jobs is terrifying lol

mowgli
22-01-15, 12:44 AM
Edd, think about it this way.... you are in a job. and when applying for another job, this actually puts you in a good position compared to someone who is unemployed. they will be thinking, he is a worker, he's been there for years, so is likely to stick around, and not sod off, he is up to date on health & safety, and other regs. when they get an application from someone on the dole (no offence to anyone unemployed) they think, is this an attempt to keep getting job seekers? why was he out of work? why isn't he in a job? is he actually able to afford to come to work in the morning etc...

the reason i say all of this is that its some of what we consider when advertising for and interviewing new staff.

Andy
22-01-15, 07:07 AM
And cos of dinosaurs like you and your family business unemployed people have a hard time finding work.
Not everyone on the jsa is workshy and out of date with common fukkin sense h&s.Its far more likely employers like yourselves with outdated stereotypical attitudes are.
I agree that people dont need to sit on their ar5e waiting for a job though.Agencies may be cut throat and only temporary but theres alot to be said for having money coming in.

Stuart
22-01-15, 10:43 AM
9 years... that should be a decent redundancy wedge.. Probably a year or 18 months salary after tax (as in the tax free cash you'd get would match your take home in theory), or a top up over a lower paid job if you got one of those instead.

Unite wont stop the company from doing anything. The company have 90 days "consultation" for making T&C changes and then they can make the changes regardless of how much the union calls for strikes etc. The only thing a union 'might' save you from is turning upto work drunk and humping the boss lol as modern employment law is good enough to protect everyone who isnt a clown :)

Edd
22-01-15, 11:44 AM
We've had the 90 days, new t+c start 5th February

Basically there was a vote, it was certain to go through then it was discovered that the company had sneaked in some more stuff, flat rate overtime, less breaks, possible shift changes 2 times a year etc

Then everyone voted no lol

Stuart
22-01-15, 11:49 AM
well then its starting on the 5th. Job done :)

NovalutionGSi
22-01-15, 12:48 PM
After been there for 9 years the thought of applying for jobs is terrifying lol

Try having been at the place of work for coming up on 16 years, working for the same company Man and boy. I've seen it change hands but now have those days that make you think its time to move on to bigger and better challenges, however, as you say, the thought of going to an interview or just applying for somewhere new does scare the crap out of me too! plus I've in the field that is quite specific to a limited few companies locally.

Edd, think about it this way.... you are in a job. and when applying for another job, this actually puts you in a good position compared to someone who is unemployed. they will be thinking, he is a worker, he's been there for years, so is likely to stick around, and not sod off, he is up to date on health & safety, and other regs. when they get an application from someone on the dole (no offence to anyone unemployed) they think, is this an attempt to keep getting job seekers? why was he out of work? why isn't he in a job? is he actually able to afford to come to work in the morning etc...

the reason i say all of this is that its some of what we consider when advertising for and interviewing new staff.

You say that, I have heard of places turning round to people who what to change jobs and telling them that because they are in work they will be discounted as they are looking to give jobs to the unemployed.

Mike
22-01-15, 06:02 PM
time for a new line of work...

wwmnw
22-01-15, 09:01 PM
The only thing a union 'might' save you from is turning upto work drunk

No might in it, they do lmao

Ohh I miss the sainsburys days, don't miss the £500 a month wage though lol

Also two of my jobs I've had got me off the dole, Sainsburys and my current job as the drayman for Sonnet 43 Brew House.

craig green
22-01-15, 09:51 PM
I will just add on Edds behalf, general work prospects where we come from in Somerset aren't particularly promising, despite us being in a factory-town. The factory in discussion here is by far the stand-out highest paying employer in the area for said 'unskilled' employment. So many local people want to get their foot in the door with them. I managed a year there before being spat-out after the takeover (ahem merger)
Finding another job locally to match his current one is non-existent tbh.

Edd I think you know you have to take the new terms on the chin whilst you look for something else & then move on to a new employer that you won't begrudge because of 'what it was', or how you feel treated.

Hobbit
28-01-15, 09:21 AM
Just passed Gerber. I guess its your lot standing around with red flags?

Andy
28-01-15, 10:03 AM
Lazy cunnts get some fukkin work done

Edd
28-01-15, 11:13 AM
Just passed Gerber. I guess its your lot standing around with red flags?

Indeed it is

three 12 hour strikes for 10 weeks

i have to add that i don't actually agree with strikes

but the company are not willing to talk about the changes at all

i had to go into the industrial estate where work is as Toolsation is there as i needed stuff
there was 60+ people there lol
Itv news
BBC news
Local rag
Unite top brass
lol

no news of it being ended :( i hope it is soon as my shifts first strike is meant to be a week on Wednesday, i don't want to strike but i don't want to cross the picket line either

Edd
28-01-15, 11:14 AM
Lazy cunnts get some fukkin work done

says he browsing the internet at 10am :d

Hobbit
28-01-15, 12:41 PM
Was about 20 people when I went passed. Didn't exactly look like a show of strength.

Edd
28-01-15, 12:46 PM
loads there yesterday, fair play to the 20 that are stood out in this weather tho

but it will probably fizzle out to fcuk all lol

Stuart
28-01-15, 02:41 PM
If you voted for strike action (even if you dont agree... although unsure why you'd vote for it in that case) and the staff are out, then you should be on the picket line.

I saw the firefighter strikes recently and the picket lines werent manned..... If you are gonna have the balls to not work, then atleast have the decency to actually picket properly rather than treating it as paid (by the union) holiday.

Stuart
28-01-15, 02:44 PM
And of course, if you didnt vote or voted no, then you should be in the factory :)

Edd
28-01-15, 03:18 PM
i voted to accept the second offer of T+C
the majority vote no

then there was vote for strike action, i didn't vote either way

i shouldnt be in the factory, im on 18 rest days

Stuart
28-01-15, 03:19 PM
the majority voted no, yet the useless union still call a strike... lol gotta love 70's retards :)

Edd
28-01-15, 03:52 PM
the majority voted no, then the company issued 90 days

then the union balloted for strike action

Jack
28-01-15, 08:12 PM
the majority voted no, yet the useless union still call a strike... lol gotta love 70's retards :)
I think Edd means the majority voted no to the deal, not the strike

I will just add on Edds behalf, general work prospects where we come from in Somerset aren't particularly promising, despite us being in a factory-town.
^ This. Pretty much the only place you can get work in Somerset is Bristol or the REME/Navy (i.e. Yeovilton). Outside of Bridgwater it would be AW in Yeovil, but all they do is churn through school leavers on apprenticeships every 12 months and fire everyone when there's a hint of any contracts being cancelled lol

....or go be a faaaarrrrrrrrmer and whinge about milk prices lol

Andy
28-01-15, 08:28 PM
says he browsing the internet at 10am :d

Tea break mate.Official one aswell......

Mike
29-01-15, 08:07 PM
Augusta Westland have got a huge facility on Yeovil....

Cassandra
06-02-15, 05:52 PM
Get some ozium. I think thats how it is spelled. They have in by the air fresheners at Walmart. Follow instructions and it should take out the smell thats what i use.

bazzap8389
06-02-15, 05:54 PM
Eh?

meritlover
06-02-15, 05:58 PM
Get some ozium. I think thats how it is spelled. They have in by the air fresheners at Walmart. Follow instructions and it should take out the smell thats what i use.

I agree, Ozium is by far the most superior product. If you are having problems with smelly management techniques this gets rid of the smell every time.

Andy
06-02-15, 08:21 PM
Opium is far better.
smack ftw