PDA

View Full Version : silk violet gsi

damosnova
21-01-15, 10:32 AM
Have a 1991 silk violet gsi nova but the shell is pretty rotten so iv the chassis plates and book for sale if anyone is interested? I'm in ireland but the car was bought in from England with a redtop in it so it was registered in Ireland as a 2litre so the book says vauxhall other but I'm sure if your putting it back to UK plates you'd be able to change it back to 1.6 gsi......... Open to offers thanks

ben doodar
21-01-15, 04:15 PM
doesn't bother me pal, but im sure a few may get on to you as this is illegal and called ringing!

damosnova
21-01-15, 05:48 PM
Didn't think this would be illegal?? Like the car is in my own name and the shell is pretty bad and maybe beyond repair so it's basically just like re-shelling the car, no?? Iv got another much cleaner shell to continue my project so this old shell will either be sold as is or scrapped once I sell the plates and book.........

bazzap8389
21-01-15, 06:03 PM
Why not sell the shell with the plates? I'm sure someone would want to save a silk violet.

dgbnova#1
21-01-15, 07:01 PM
It is basicly ringing the shell your putting the identity if one car into another and when you say it's rusty one mans rust is another mans project some one may take it on

Edd
21-01-15, 07:08 PM
i love a reshell

damosnova
21-01-15, 08:12 PM
Iv offered to give the shell away and got loads of interest but typically nobody has come to take it, I'd love to see the car being saved but it's only getting worse sitting outside my house even though I have a good cover on it!! I have it completely stripped to get shot blasted but when we had it on the spit I really seen how bad it was...... Tis a pity!!

Tom_E_reg.
22-01-15, 06:25 PM
When I sold my nova I bought a Mini 1275GT and going on the mini forums you'll soon find threads and threads talking about issues of re-shelling and logbook sales. Also sales of logbooks on eBay are usually always taken down (when discovered) and this is something the DVLA are starting to get very hot on and can (at worst) lead to a crushed car.

When you get down to it the reason you can have trouble is that it gives the potential to steal someone else's car, put the new logbook on and sell it on or export it. This might not be very common in the nova scene but with classic minis it does occur quite often (if not stripped and sold for parts), if you look at the thefts section on say theminiforum it's shocking how many members start a 'look out for' thread.

novalew
26-01-15, 10:53 AM
Don't suppose that the rear chassis rails are any good?