PDA

View Full Version : The "NEW" Novaload...

Ben
16-09-03, 11:11 PM
Have noticed lately that the site is changing so much, i find it a shame others may like the new site its all about opinions as ever.

I just seem to feel that all you seem to read is sh*t being posted about different people all the time. I am proabaly as guilty as anyone, but something is going on and its changing the whole atmosphere of the site.

Anyone else been noticing this?

McPikie
16-09-03, 11:17 PM
Well, as I am new to the site I only have good remarks about it to be honest.

There are knobs on everysite though. Ignore/ban them and all will be sweet.

Good layout, good peeps, cool site

:D

Tilly
16-09-03, 11:42 PM
im still me :lol:

frog_southampton
16-09-03, 11:46 PM
if we could fix the forum search then that would stop people double posting, as could look up past posts....

i have noticed a few double posts..

can the search be fixed?

Ben
16-09-03, 11:46 PM
im still me :lol:

Would never doubt that :wink:

Tilly
16-09-03, 11:54 PM
good good :wink:

wisewood
17-09-03, 10:21 AM
can the search be fixed?

It can indeed be fixed - and it's not that hard to do but only Kev has the access control to do anything about it, and he is a very busy man.

Duplicated posts are annoying but the search facility working wont help that - not everyone will come here and search for stuff - most people use the forum for what it was designed and post a message to ask a question.

It is annoying to the regulars who answer the same questions time and time again but thats what its all about - helping people.

As for the original post - i have noticed a rather rapid change in the site too, seems to be loads of new members signing up lately and yet the old faithful members seem to be slagging each other off - it's wierd.

Admin are aware of this and are trying to take steps to make sure that the site runs as smoothly as ever but at the moment due to several problems that people have with each other this is rather difficult.

This is not meant to provoke anyone to start droning on about their problems, anyone who does start bitching will find their posts removed as for the next few days at least - i along with all the other admin/mod team are tirof trying to clean it up. Give it a rest and sort things out in PM/Email/MSN/Text Message/PhoneCall.

CP
17-09-03, 11:33 AM
I've been coming on for a long time - a few points;

1. People come and go continually - the churn rate is quite high
2. People fall out/get really matey with each other - its a community and reflects the range of human behaviour.
3. To get the most out of the site you need to meet people in the flesh. Most of the long serving membership have done this which reinforces relationships irrespective of whats happening on site.
4. The admin who run the site have their own reasons and attitudes to whats important. The site is bound to evolve. It actually costs them time and money and involves a lot more than meets the eye. Cos they pay they have the final say so. Obviously not everyone agrees with what goes on or hows its run but thats life - its impossible to please everyone all the time.
5. Newbies are bound to come on and ask basic questions and why shudnt they? How are they supposed to know these are FAQ's others might be bored with? They've just started driving and got themselves a Nova and want to know about the car and the Nova modding scene. :roll: Give em a break.

Hope this addresses your concerns Ben. :)

PS the site has more happening in the winter months - summers tend to be a bit dead - like the telly :D

wisewood
17-09-03, 11:41 AM
You just cant wait for christmas so you can watch Back to the Future parts I, II and III again can you CP. :lol:

Sorry i mean errr... well said old bean!
couldnt (and didnt) put it better myself :D

Phil GTE
17-09-03, 11:47 AM
if a question has already been answered, the user that remebers the thread can post a link to it in the duplicate question thread

but the search facility is needed.

therefore the reply wont need to be typed again

wisewood
17-09-03, 12:09 PM
I did start work on a stick post for technical forum where i give links to Frequently asked questions or useful posts - but nobody bothered sending me any links to posts they found helpful or thought should be included and i dont have time to read every simgle tech post - its hard enough reading all the ones everywhere else.

novavalve
17-09-03, 01:55 PM
I know i am new to this site but i have noticed it is quite clicky, i'm not saying that is a bad thing because most forums are clicky between long term members, but it would be nice for us new people to be included more. An example would be the post i put up with pics of my car and asked for feedback but didnt get much response, i know it needs work, body wise but it does have a high spec engine and isnt a bad car IMO. Then after that someone who has made 700 odd post in the past puts a pic up of his turboed nova which is really nice and looks mint, he gets 3 pages of feedback, i know his project has been on going and has probably talked to people on here before about it but it would be nice to include newbies more. I dont mean any offence by these remarks and think this is a really good site :D

wisewood
17-09-03, 02:02 PM
It's impossibloe for us "oldies" to include the newbies more - the ting is you have to try and get involved in the site and what is going on - give comments in other posts etc and not just turn up and say "hey i'm new this is my car do you like it" and expect everyone to come running.

We tend to see loads of new members with nice cars - so looking at each one and saying what you think can get a little tedious after a while, after all its not very often something truely impressive and different comes along really!

It's always nice to have new members but newbies tend to come and go quite quickly and its only the ones who make an effort and actually wanna be part of the site that stick around - and once someone is stuck - they tend not to leave. :D

Ben
17-09-03, 03:01 PM
First time ive ever had a post moved into general chat.

I know what everyone is saying is right and yes it always has gone on, but it is getting more and more.

jkhilton
17-09-03, 03:14 PM
I used to use the site a whole lot more for technical and styling questions etc. but as I dont have a nova anymore, I dont use those sections atall. I stick with the site as it has always been a good site and generally people are chilled and always willing to have a laugh. OK, sometimes things get a little heated, but that's life, some people have good days and then they have bad days.

I think if it was always "oooh your car is lovely" or "they're the best mods I have ever seen" and noone ever actually said bad things about other cars etc, then it would become very dull, I'm not saying slag off other cars just for the sake of it, but if the question is "do you like my car" then people should expect someone to say no, as everyone has different tastes.

As for the newbie thing, when I joined, I just jumped straight in and posted in as many topics as I could and went to meets and things, it does make it easier to get to know people.

I've probably missed the point of this post, but I am bored, so thought I would add my 2 cents...

wisewood
17-09-03, 03:21 PM
but you joined when only 230 people had joined before you - was probably much easier ot just jump right in as a new member, since we now have at least that many active members who use the site all the time.

mikeoxford
17-09-03, 03:27 PM
but you joined when only 230 people had joined before you - was probably much easier ot just jump right in as a new member, since we now have at least that many active members who use the site all the time.

well i wouldnt call myself all that regular at present. i went through a phase where i did nothing else at college though. (and enjoyed it may i add!)

how many "newbies" or even half regulars, i.e a couple of hundred posts not xxxxxxx get "forced" out if you like because of peoples behvaiour on here? or even bored of the behaviour that goes on?

ill wait for this post to be removed, but after being at the centre of everyones humour at trax and other stuff that has gone on behind the scenes, i dont feel a part of this "community" anymore, which is a great shame

*awaits removal :evil: :x *

wisewood
17-09-03, 03:43 PM
mike i wont remove your message, even though i should do... all i am going to say is this:

If you have any problems with members of the novaload community, try and sort them out and dont just run away. There have been plenty of times overthe last couple of years where i have thought to myself that its not worht the hassle and i could just bug out and vanish for good...

My little run ins with what i affectionately call the MiltonKeynes Maffia for example :lol: But I am still here - and as much a part of the site as I ever have been, if not more - even though my attendance to meets etc has been limited by finances etc recently.

However, the fact that I have not removed your post does not mean i am going to let this get all out of hand and let people start any abuse in either direction - if you have problems sort them among yourselves in private.

Oh and mike - a PM explaining your side of the story would be appreciated, I know you spoke at length to dan about it last night but just to get it straight in my mind. :D

mikeoxford
17-09-03, 03:48 PM
:lol: a reasonable member of admin w000000000t

ill wait till tonight then when ian or dan removes it :cry:

i wont say no more on the matter. execpt its a case more of people having problems with me than the other way around.

i tried to stay on NL, and also by yours and jims advice took a break from it. but it still carries on.........

this shouldnt be deleted this should be left. it wont get out of hand if people behave themselves, if it gets deleted it just shows how other members of our "community" react to one another. in fact go on wisewood and admin team........ PLEASE dont delete this. lets see which "characters" manage to ruin the thread.

if this does get deleted, i hope the users who have managed to read it understand what im going on about........

mike 8)

in the words of the great adrian sinclair

keep the faith

mikeoxford
17-09-03, 03:49 PM
i await message deletion or a ban :lol:

hey its inevitable

wisewood
17-09-03, 03:51 PM
Thats enough of that... you are enticing it to get out of hand.
Give me your side of the story in a PM.

This is a perfectly reasonable post about the concerns of a member about the way the site seems to be heading...

lets not go and mess up one of the (argueably) most interesting subjects we have had to talk about for some time.

mikeoxford
17-09-03, 03:55 PM
:lol: call it what you will.

im suprised this hasnt deleted by now. and in fact it WILL get deleted tonight. you know it and i know it wisewood. if you dont rmeove my posts or ban me before now.

i wont rise to it mate dont worry i aint gonna post nothing. in my previous post though the very first one. thats all i wanted to say and leave it at that.

you know this will get deleted, just because of the mindset of the admin. im voicing my opinion here and yet ill be banned or msg deleted by tea time tonight.

peace out anyway. 8)

wisewood
17-09-03, 04:01 PM
I am gonna leave it here just so that the others can see what you are saying mike... talking about the admin as though they are doing something wrong in trying to keep the peace on the site and basically doing what we are here to do isnt going to do you any favours or win you any friends really.

Now stop posting about how much this is going to be deleted and about how the attitude of the admin isnt to your liking or how there are several people making you r life difficult at the moment because if you keep saying things like that it's going to get much more difficult for you than it is already isnt it!

Think about it...

go read some of the other posts you missed in the last month and chill out.

?Marty?
17-09-03, 04:01 PM
Mike - what you on about!? It's like asking a girl out and saying 'yea, i understand....why would you go out with me...blaaah blaaah blaaah' before she even answers.

As to the original question - i don't think the site has changed as such at all. It is just a natural evolution of things.

Tho i have to say i have lost a lot of interest lately, in that i can't be bothered replying to most posts and am even selective in what i read on here, where as previosly it was almost religious - i'd come on every single night and read every single post and try to reply to them all too.

Then i realised that i don't actually even like people. So i went on friends reunited and told all my old schoolfriends what i thought of them. lol

mikeoxford
17-09-03, 04:08 PM
I am gonna leave it here just so that the others can see what you are saying mike... talking about the admin as though they are doing something wrong in trying to keep the peace on the site and basically doing what we are here to do isnt going to do you any favours or win you any friends really.

Now stop posting about how much this is going to be deleted and about how the attitude of the admin isnt to your liking or how there are several people making you r life difficult at the moment because if you keep saying things like that it's going to get much more difficult for you than it is already isnt it!

Think about it...

go read some of the other posts you missed in the last month and chill out.

:oops: :oops: :oops: noooooooooooo dont have any attitudes or dislikes about admin. its just i would like to voice my opinion, and have been told to by yourself and dan to try and clear everything up, and in doing so i end up with deleted or removed posts or another person on my back........

lol

completely wrong end of stick :? all i meant by it was this, and this shall be my last comment on the matter as i dont want to push my luck as the aforementioned stuff will happen - and i dont really want that.

for ages now i have been subject to some not nice stuff on here even in person, and nothing is done about it. and what i meant was if people see that going on, they would be put off by it. thats what my initial msg on this thread was on about.

wisewood
17-09-03, 04:12 PM
Then i realised that i don't actually even like people. So i went on friends reunited and told all my old schoolfriends what i thought of them. lol

roflmfao - nice one!

lol wish i could be bothered to do that!

mikeoxford
17-09-03, 04:15 PM
i hate the way you have to pay for your friends reunited thing

spose it what keeps the website running though

wisewood
17-09-03, 04:18 PM
5 quid membership fee made the people who made it ALOT of money!

Breeny
17-09-03, 04:18 PM
Can't be that bad I'm still here after 4/5 years lol

Anyway stop ya moaning... people who moan are just sexually frustrated. (I.E. most women)

Ste_Nova
17-09-03, 04:20 PM
ill wait for this post to be removed, but after being at the centre of everyones humour at trax

blah blah blah stop moaning

wisewood
17-09-03, 04:21 PM
I.E.

internet explorer???

:lol:

Will
17-09-03, 04:41 PM
lol@ste :lol:

Will
17-09-03, 04:42 PM
BTW

mike: for reference it it NOT

w00t

its w00+

;)

Stuart
17-09-03, 04:44 PM
the trax thing was purely a bit of fun, and boy do you need to get new door locks :)

the site has changed, a lot of muppets have joined, but a lot of "normal" people ahve joined too.

the proper un co-operative ones have and always will be eased out due to the non community feel to things.

ive been on here for atleast 4years (even remember the original tree style site lol) but only met peeps at easter this year and i have to say its got more fun/intresting since then.

People change, so that means the sites they add their own character to, will change with them.

wisewood
17-09-03, 04:53 PM
BTW

mike: for reference it it NOT

w00t

its w00+

;)

yes Will thats tight - and i think you mean "it is NOT"
:lol: smart arse.

cambridge - you see you could have been a mod aaages ago if you just met a few people and proved you existed much earlier in the novaload relationship :lol:

Barn
17-09-03, 05:26 PM
one thing i have tried to do is get involved, but i can appreciate what novavalve said on the very first page. its weird not knowing the ppl only their names, (something i can relate to also) and i suppose newbies may feel intimadated as the real regulars i.e admin an all u lot (who hav been on here 4 years) all know each other really well, :wink: lol. IMO u jus gotta get on with it. hopefully i will meet u all in the near future tho!

cool site, om on here every day

(what am i on, its a dedicated Nova site, corse its fcukin cool!)

Anton
17-09-03, 05:32 PM
I haven't been posting for a while, due to a new job.

Anything changed?

wisewood
17-09-03, 05:36 PM
Admin being regulars is a fookin joke :lol:
Kev - big boss bloke is never on here and his post count is almost 20 times less than mine is lol.

See your point though - there abre about 50 of us on here everyday who talk to each other everyday - know each others sense of humours etc and what to expect.

Wouldnt like to think i was coming in as a newbie again now, wouldnt fancy trying to fit in... but dont really see how we can make it any easier - if you really want to be a part of the "family" within the group yuo will manage it and if not - well... you still might :lol:

//handy hint
There are certain members you expect to see when you come online for a while... thats the core of novaload and very rarely changes. If you can manage to befrend somone in the core - its a pretty safe bet you will be around for a while.
Certain members are just sort of like the furniture around here - me, cambridge, ste, cp, dan, tilly, corsanova (recent addition), mikeoxford was until recently, slimjim normally (on holiday), breeny, chris tunnicliffe, anton, alex, fester ... i could go on but i wont. :lol:

locky
17-09-03, 05:40 PM
only met peeps at easter this year and i have to say its got more fun/intresting since then

And Trax :wink:

Anton
17-09-03, 05:42 PM
it is weird the first time you start posting, but generally everyone is friendly and helpful.

I have yet to meet anyone in the flesh. Saw a few people at PV.

I hope to get to alot more shows and meets, especially any more mk meets :D

Stuart
17-09-03, 05:56 PM
meant to say only met peeps for the first time at easter and then more from then on :p

BAAA ;) lol

Slatter
17-09-03, 06:22 PM
Well wisewood im very dissapointed you forgot ME on your list :twisted:

But i, over the last year have seen the site change very rapidly .... There are so many people on here you dont know whos who! Back in the good old days 3 4 years ago when i fist came here it was only about 20 regulars max.... noone knew about the site and its just got huge!

The thing i want to know is .... When it gets wintery and people start staying in at night ... How many people will use the Caht room ??? I think this is the best way to become part of Novaload properly... Well i know i will be on there as it becomes alot of fun after 1am as many people might know :lol: :lol:

thats my opinion anyway

Slatter

Oh and your NOT a proper novaloader untill you go to billing And get chased by ian and Dan with super Soakers ... :roll: :roll: :roll: lol

Ben
17-09-03, 06:25 PM
Mike, i have no problem with you whatsoever, but in this topic you tried to make yourself hard done by and are enticing trouble.

Everyone knows ive had my share of sh*te on here, but i dont care.

I only started meeting people this year and have been active for longer than that, everyone is given the same chances to go to meets etc as there always posted up well in advance. So dont moan about not being made welcome lol...

As for friends reunited is a good site but is no one on there that im intrested in talking to although i have a profile i dont think anyone has contacted me or me them.

I have nothing to do with any of my friends from scholl now exceopt one and i only ever see him about once a year, life moves on and i think that may encounter another chapter soon as well.

brian
17-09-03, 06:51 PM
ive been using the site for nearly 2 years i think (can't remember!)
And its true that you might feel a little left out when you first post but Novavalve its not a personal thing. you will get more into it after a while.
I have noticed a few people come on here this year giving other grief but its such a massive amount of people now shite like this has to be expected.
As C.P said getting out and meeting people makes it a lot better. I was at Trax this year and was the first time meeting everyone that was there. it was great.

Aragorn
17-09-03, 07:10 PM
its kinda weird - in relation to stuarts post - ive been here for what feels like an age and even tho ive been to 2 shows i still only know a small group of folk

the problem i found was instead of everyone standing/sitting around chatting and getting to know each other folk wandered off to look at the other cars etc

i stood and talked to both tilly and CP for a bit and i dont think either of em knew who i was although i knew them (spose thats my ignorance really for not introducing myself :oops: )

in regards to mikes post about trax - ok ste broke into his car - everyone thaught it was a laugh bar him who was pissed off - at the time it seemed he was more pissed about HOW he got into it rather than who or what they'd done - now tho he seems to have gotten more pissed off about it for some reason - it was only a laugh mate - they didnt damage owt - and pointed out a glaring security hole in your car that really needs to be sorted asap for the cars safety (and incase u still dont know how he got in - he simply wiggled the lock assembly till the c/locking popped and opened the doors ;) )

Fester
17-09-03, 07:13 PM
regards aragorns post (off the track of bens first post though) ive found in real life not everyone has the social skills or whatever to interact with someone theyve been talking to online for years, you may get a quick 'hello' before they scurry off to the security of their mates theyre with, then when you get back online its as if everythings 'back to how it was'

as those who have met me know i'll talk to anyone :)

wisewood
17-09-03, 07:22 PM
Meeting people from here at meets / shows etc is kinda the same as on here though - people have their own little groups that they are more friendly with and tend to stick to these when they are talking.

From time to time someone else will say hello, look at a car - chat about something etc but its mostly just groups of mates talking in seperate groups.

Nothing you can do about human nature though is there - the human being is a pack animal, it likes its friends and family and tends not to like changes to its social group very much.

Ben
17-09-03, 07:23 PM
regards aragorns post (off the track of bens first post though) ive found in real life not everyone has the social skills or whatever to interact with someone theyve been talking to online for years, you may get a quick 'hello' before they scurry off to the security of their mates theyre with, then when you get back online its as if everythings 'back to how it was'

Sorry Ste :roll:

Fester
17-09-03, 07:27 PM
hey I wasnt even thinking about you I was thinkin of someone (not off novaload) from blackpool cruise "back in the winter of 2001"

used to speak online loads as you do, saw the geezer at the cruise and he basically fooked off lol. now its nothing personal i just dont think he could handle not having the anonymity of a computer!

wisewood
17-09-03, 07:29 PM
Yeah some people are like that i suppose.

Phil_G
17-09-03, 07:37 PM
Hi,

im tall and ginger..

come and say hello at shows or just say hello here...

either way i dont really give a shit.. I like talkin to peeps :) but let me know who you are at shows so i can put a face to the name...

Phil

wisewood
17-09-03, 07:40 PM
Things to note about Phil G:

1. He's ginger - be careful!
2. He will happily talk forever!!

oh...

3. Makes a decent cup of coffee :D

Phil_G
17-09-03, 07:49 PM
hahaha...

gotta be good for something...

Phil

Stuart
17-09-03, 07:52 PM
a beacon if you get lost ;)

wisewood
17-09-03, 07:55 PM
lmfao

Phil_G
17-09-03, 08:08 PM
youre only jealous camb....

:P

Phil

locky
17-09-03, 09:25 PM
I didnt c u at trax we was supposed 2 meet!
DEFO next time!!!!! :wink:

Dan
17-09-03, 09:31 PM
nowt new about me, i still hate you all :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

As for shows, i dont care about what people think i will talk to anyone, trust me, i talk to the beacon at every show we attend together :wink: . Although shy and retired i do make an effort to make my presence felt. having failed all that just look for the nearest icecream van que

Ian
17-09-03, 09:33 PM
Meeting people from here at shows

lol you never turn up :p

and can i say NO damage was done to mikes car.

He posted those posts as a deliberate attempt to try and get banned.

locky
17-09-03, 09:39 PM
I tell u wat i dnt like, is when i go 2 a meet and peeps wont shake my hand even tho they know who u are!
What happend 2 being a man and shaking a hand?????
I was gonna bite my tongue at this!

Stuart
17-09-03, 10:01 PM
i shook yer hoof (as far as i remember)

locky
17-09-03, 10:11 PM
Yep u approached me :D

Mark
17-09-03, 10:14 PM
Did I shake your hand??

jatinder
17-09-03, 10:17 PM
dont know about whats happening with the site havent really been on it much due to uni (leaving tomorrow), but I always like the way everyone respected one another, cant see how thats changed much apart from new members but thats the way life is you get good and bad, I think everyone here basicly to share out thoughts on the nova to be honest, were all here to help one another with advice, and so on, so what if a few members spoil it they will get bored eventually and move on. so i think everyone should bury the hatchet and try to get along with one another. also dont be so critical of other cars we see the novas have failures too. :D

locky
17-09-03, 10:19 PM
Mine? if so i think in the petrol station!
Now all this hand shaking is startin 2 sound dogdgy :?

Alex
17-09-03, 10:20 PM
sorry i didn't shake your handy Locky and cambridge (and everyone else i didn't) at trax. remember shaking corsanovas though.

Mark
17-09-03, 10:21 PM
mmmmmnnnn - Secret handshakes :o :lol: 8)

Phil_G
17-09-03, 10:37 PM
lol..

sounds like the bloody masons here

Phil

locky
17-09-03, 10:40 PM
sorry i didn't shake your handy Locky .

U will b! :P :lol:
Iv met u b4 tho!

nova---chris
17-09-03, 11:32 PM
At the end of the day you have to take people for who they are.
If you dont like em then dont talk to em.
If you dish shit. expect it back!
sods law huh!

Also on meets and meeting peeps ' ill gladly speak to anyone really.
But if peeps dont introduce themselves then how am i supposed to guess who they r.

Also anyone who chatted at trax. if i wus short then this would be down to a certain incident a day before hand. hence i shot of early from show

seems to me this is just a thread to invite arguement! but ill let it stay i suppose to some peeps can cry some more

good evening

?Marty?
18-09-03, 04:10 AM
Locky - maybe it's because you have sweaty hands, or some kind of other problem. Like you've just been giving a bull 'executive relief'.

slatter -
How many people will use the Caht room ??? I think this is the best way to become part of Novaload properly... Well i know i will be on there as it becomes alot of fun after 1am

sorry. that's when i do my masturbating. With or without a partner.

Ben -
As for friends reunited is a good site but is no one on there that im intrested in talking to although i have a profile i dont think anyone has contacted me or me them.

I have nothing to do with any of my friends from school now exceopt one and i only ever see him about once a year, life moves on and i think that may encounter another chapter soon as well.

I haven't kept in touch with a SINGLE friend from school, college OR uni.

OH, another good thing about Friends Reunited is that so many people HAVEN'T joined. Which means i can register fake e-mail accounts, registered them and made up profiles FOR them. Yep. THAT is what a nice person i am.
Unfortunately, some of those people are not doing very well these days. :o( According to their profiles, that a certain someone has, erm, made up for them.

he he he

CP
18-09-03, 08:47 AM
FFS - I cant believe I met you Aragorn and you didnt say who you were :?: :roll:

:lol: :lol:

Mike the reason the incident happened was (if i remember right?) cos it was you who mentioned all about car security at Trax and about the tea leaf situation there? You actually had stuff on show AND for sale in your car which was so un-secure that if Dan had farted loudly next to it, the doors would have unlocked and opened themselves!

I mean I really cant see how you expected not to have the piss taken over it? :?: :lol:

Come on m8 - nothing was menat by it - just general piss take surely?

I mean I'm about 90 and I come on a "young peoples site". It obvious I'm gonna get ripped about it. Its all part of the crack - dont get a sense of humour failure esp. whilst you are still young. God knows there's enuff to be miserable about when you get older - and i shud know! :lol: :lol:

Tilly
18-09-03, 09:13 AM
I think i get on with most people. Will talk to anyone and wont judge before i have met them myself.
As cp said its because its summer and not so many people get on here. i'm sure it will pick up though. (its just uve got to much time on ur hands ben) lol

I enjoy the shows and meets we have cause most are really friendly

Will
18-09-03, 09:42 AM
yupppppppppppppppo :D

shows and meets are good, bring on the autum and winta meets 8)

Dave
18-09-03, 10:15 AM
well i don't get on here very often at all now still keep in touch with some people though, have met a couple of people at meets or when have collected parts an will still go to all the meets i can (am gonna get a name badge made up for the next time though like tilly's plate! :lol: )
can remember when i was a newbie gettin ripped to shreads by dave hay in the chat room an the old which one would ya? (which normally envolved chloe from hollyoaks) but i stuck around an think i have a good on-line relationship with most people now

Ste_Nova
18-09-03, 10:38 AM
[b]I haven't kept in touch with a SINGLE friend from school, college OR uni.

OH, another good thing about Friends Reunited is that so many people HAVEN'T joined. Which means i can register fake e-mail accounts, registered them and made up profiles FOR them. Yep. THAT is what a nice person i am.
Unfortunately, some of those people are not doing very well these days. :o( According to their profiles, that a certain someone has, erm, made up for them.

LMFAO thats the best thing i have heard all day... i keep bunging ex school mates info into the 192 gold cd.... find out where they are living... not seen ANY of them since the last day of school

nova---chris
18-09-03, 10:40 AM
If anyone wants my msn please pm me or email me at chrisuk22@blueyonder.co.uk and ill give you the details!
i also have icq

chris

Ste_Nova
18-09-03, 10:56 AM

lol wait till next time... he won't be able to find the car :twisted:

Ste_Nova
18-09-03, 10:59 AM
in regards to mikes post about trax - ok ste broke into his car - everyone thaught it was a laugh bar him who was p**s off )

next thing u know breeny will be complaining about me stealing his car :lol:

wisewood
18-09-03, 11:17 AM

lol wait till next time... he won't be able to find the car :twisted:

Dave_Hay
18-09-03, 03:04 PM
this aint bitchy lol

from what ive read of this site its all nice and dare i say quiet?

Ste_Nova
18-09-03, 03:46 PM
this aint bitchy lol

lol don't ever bring ur corsa to a meet/show dave :twisted:

Ian
18-09-03, 04:40 PM
he is trying to sell it to get a 2.0 nova

Ste_Nova
18-09-03, 04:49 PM
he is trying to sell it to get a 2.0 nova

maybe it would be quicker to get an insurance payout?

wisewood
18-09-03, 04:55 PM
www.anglegrinderman.co.uk

Angle-Grinder Man is wanted by the police for running around dressed as a super hero with a large, gold angle-grinder and cutting the wheel-clamps from vehicles in the Kent/London areas.

Take a look at the site and see what you think - I reckon the guy is a legend!!

I know this is a bit muppety but you really should all look at his site and add his number to your phones as its a genuine free service he offers lol.

*edit by admin* wise you fuckwit didnt you mean to do a new post? how long you been here? :roll: :p

Rick Draper
18-09-03, 05:08 PM
I think your all FUCKING TWATS :lol: :lol: :lol: and i would not trust any of you, especially the southern cowboys. Rick

Aragorn
18-09-03, 10:17 PM
FFS - I cant believe I met you Aragorn and you didnt say who you were :?: :roll:

:oops:

i assume u know now tho? i was with ade and spoke to ya both at the queys and a good few times at trax about various things :D

Engines running nice btw - overfuelling a bit but ive not had it looked at yet so i cant really complain

clutch and gearbox are knackered but im gonna get new clutch and swap boxes this weekend prolly

and it is (to me at least) fuckin rapid - wanna get it dyno'd once its all sorted to see what its really putting out - will be interesting to see how much more than a standard SR my mods are actually making :)

MattyWoo
18-09-03, 10:38 PM
There are certain members you expect to see when you come online for a while... thats the core of novaload and very rarely changes. If you can manage to befrend somone in the core - its a pretty safe bet you will be around for a while.
Certain members are just sort of like the furniture around here - me, cambridge, ste, cp, dan, tilly, corsanova (recent addition), mikeoxford was until recently, slimjim normally (on holiday), breeny, chris tunnicliffe, anton, alex, fester ... i could go on but i wont. :lol:

Ahem... Where are me and Novanutter on this list??? :cry: lol

To comment on the original topic i do think it has changed since i first joined. It was when i first joined a place without much muppetry etc. Where EVERYONE was helpful and decent, now it seems to have changed quite a bit. Especially cos one member in particular went and brought a girly red corsa with 17's :lol: :P Only joking Ant.

Over the last few months ive stopped posting regularly due to work and other stuff. Hopefully will start posting more as the winter drags on. I've also felt a bit out of it lately cos when all the other members met and billing and trax i was stuck working on the trade stand :cry: a few of the lads did come over and say hello though including CorsaNova who scared the shit outta me cos i thought he was an angry customer come to beat the shit outta me :) I also appologise for not shaking lockys hand :?

Hopefully if all the "regulars" stick together we can build up the spirit of novaload again but personally at this moment in time a feel its gone a bit tits up.

Anyways they are my random thoughts.
cya laer
Matt

Tilly
18-09-03, 10:44 PM
Im feeling matt has the love in this room

BIG HUGSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

MattyWoo
18-09-03, 10:47 PM
BIG HUGSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Wahey :wink:

Dave_Hay
18-09-03, 11:35 PM
this aint bitchy lol

lol don't ever bring ur corsa to a meet/show dave :twisted:

haha ive beet to a show and saw u and u never spoke so my corsa would be safe :P

if not ill steal ur nova that u crashed on the way to the show :lol: :lol: :lol:

and dan came over and said hello to me too - he didnt have a clue who i was till i spoke lol

CP
19-09-03, 02:06 PM
piss off back to aberdeenangus.com dave...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Dave_Hay
19-09-03, 02:22 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

see even the oldest member can be bitchy :lol:

CP
19-09-03, 02:25 PM

mooo

:P

Dave_Hay
19-09-03, 02:27 PM
shouldnt u be out on farm :P

mooooooooo

Ben
19-09-03, 07:24 PM

Ahem... Where are me and Novanutter on this list??? :cry: lol

lol nor me and it was my original post :lol:

Paul
19-09-03, 08:30 PM
I think that members should get deleted off the database if they dont use their acoount for ages, u look thru the memberlist and theres like 600 odd pages, u read sum of em and there like Mr.X1, Mr.X2,3,4,5 etc. Surely that would help a bit?

Any why not set up a guest forum, where FAQ's are answered, if all the regualrs typed basic things like Archwork, Removing dash, What offset wheels, how much u can lower it with what wheels, etc. If this was made into a forum called summit like 'GUEST CORNER' and guests went into there first, and then there were different sections, FAQ's, then Styling Technical, I.C.E. (although that aint a problem coz no one ever uses it!).

I know it would take a while to set up, but surely iw ould stop the amount of users who become member's for one question then they just go and never return?

What does everyone else think?

brian
19-09-03, 10:08 PM
i would like to think of myself as a piece of the furniture around here too......been around long enough.

dave.gsi
19-09-03, 10:14 PM
ditto

MattyWoo
19-09-03, 10:20 PM
yeah andy your rubbish :P just because you have the highest post count, and use the site the most, and are admin... doesn't mean you have the right to forget people!!! :lol: :wink: :D

?Marty?
20-09-03, 01:07 AM
Hopefully if all the "regulars" stick together we can build up the spirit of novaload again

What, like a Novaload bonding weekend in a log cabin, and 'Krypton Factor' activities all round?

so1o
20-09-03, 02:38 AM
I have been a member for about 10 months and cant complain. Whenever i needed help i got more then enough. Sure me has seen quiet a bit of shit going on lately but got nowt to do with me. This site is tops and so are the members, i say that because of this site i now drive a valver, what more could i want.........(throttlebodies,gsi bumpers,list goes on).

Sure no matter what site you go to there's friction between members but thats standard, dont let it put you down, overall a GREAT nova site.

Mark
20-09-03, 08:31 AM
including CorsaNova who scared the s**t outta me Matt

Sorry Matty -

Anyway - WHERE'S MY BITS - Oh sorry, I thought you were Supernova's - :lol:

olly55
20-09-03, 11:02 AM
i been using novaload 4 about 4 yrs or so had about 100 usernames lol

used to be really helpful back in the day but recently over the last yr or so i dont bother to post becasue as sum1 esle said it seems very clicky,

iv sed it b4 and got told plainly that is bollox bu jus the way i see it,

people r way to quik to judge / laugh / or try to make fun of peopel that arnt in their group or doing sumthing abit diffrent than a gsi kitted nova

*awaits slagging fro regulars..

Jim
20-09-03, 06:00 PM
I've been on this site for a fair length of time and since I first started i think it has changed, but it was bound to.

Meeting people face to face does help with relations. Also, I think there will always be small groups of individuals who get on better.

Things change, you either go with the flow or dont.

Jim