PDA

View Full Version : Phil Nichols Flintshire Performance Engines

House
16-01-15, 05:45 PM
Anybody here able to make direct contact with Phil Nichols of Flintshire Performance Engines?

He's got my money and I supposed to be building me an engine and is now either not getting it ignoring my calls, txts, whatsapps, Facebook msg's and Facebook posts with him tagged in.

Anybody that knows him directly can you please ask him to contact me ASAP

Thanks

philip
16-01-15, 05:51 PM
Got text matey.

meritlover
16-01-15, 05:54 PM
Got text matey.

here he is,

therealnovaboy
16-01-15, 06:13 PM
Are business communications done by txt s and face book these days. You should maybe try a carrier pigeon.

House
16-01-15, 06:23 PM
Are business communications done by txt s and face book these days. You should maybe try a carrier pigeon.

Ideally not no. However desperate times call for desperate measures!!!

philip
16-01-15, 06:26 PM
Double post. Sorry

mowgli
16-01-15, 07:10 PM
probably busy building engines.

_Jake
16-01-15, 07:35 PM
hes a busy dude, he just doesnt see messages some times.

House
16-01-15, 08:12 PM
Yeah I'm glad he's busy and it's all working out well. He's good at what he does, no question!! Just hadn't heard from him in a while and when someone has your money and you don't hear from them you get itchy!!

All kissed and made up now!!

Southie
16-01-15, 09:18 PM
Fax machines were much easier than emails lol

BRoadGhost
16-01-15, 09:52 PM
Imagine this situation, ongoing for 14+ weeks to not get what you'd paid for ;0

Andy
16-01-15, 10:23 PM
I know of somebody waiting alot longer than that....

24sevenslacker
16-01-15, 10:45 PM
Hes delivering my engine on wednesday. If it doesnt turn up im going down there to pick it up no matter what state its in

Andy
16-01-15, 11:00 PM
There will be more excuses

24sevenslacker
16-01-15, 11:03 PM
No comment

Southie
17-01-15, 06:46 AM
Sounds like this is a regular thing then? So people are paying fully up front for an engine but it takes forever to get hold of him and eventually when you get hold of him you get fobbed off... either someone's taken on far too many builds or liking seeing the cash roll in and just handing out excuses.

Benn
17-01-15, 07:51 AM

Did you not read he had rung the guy too? What are you ment to do when someone doesn't pick up the phone? Just leave it and hope your bits arrive?

Andy
17-01-15, 08:02 AM
24sevenslacker could write a book of excuses with the ones hes been told.
ask him how long his build has taken.

Clint840
17-01-15, 08:07 AM
Go on Andy who is the builder is he anything to do with autograss

philip
17-01-15, 08:15 AM
Its having set backs that knackers timescales up. Ive had toms (24) engine for a long time. Not going to deny that. But if im waiting for parts I cant speed people up. Tom contracts and paid as/when which also made tje build on going for a while. So thats fair enough. But same time I work fulltime as people know who I do jobs for so generally takes abit longer anyway. Ballache I had with toms past few weeks were ordering shims which after building a fair few get too know what ave. Thickness you need. I ordered what I thoight would be enough to grind too suit. Before christmas to shim and box engine off before xmas day for him. Sods law few thou too big. Done what I could but then xmas arrives suppliers closed then order new year had a no show and ordered elsewhere at a much greater cost...bearing in mind the difference isnt past on as its not toms fault/problemits the supplier. Maybe autosport doesnt help so close into new year as moat are preparing for that. So it doesnt take much too have a knock on effect. In mean time still have bills to pay so what do you do.....carry on with another job in meantime. Believe me if I was making any real pennies from it i wouldnt be full time. Ive done the jobs at a mega reduced prixe because of time its taken. Ill admit im not the beat at communicating all tje time. Im just trying too get through the jobs and work alot of long days/nights.

philip
17-01-15, 08:20 AM
Had toms over 12months. He wasnt in a rush and I plodded on with it as/when I had rods, postons, spring kits, followers sat for months while i was waiting.And as said he contracts and was waiting months to sort for parts. Like everyone saus two sides. Im not going too pester someone too sort out for an engine because its taking some space up. Iive had another engine sinilar time as toms. Only had a text before xmas about it after lad been prepping his shell etc. Try best too work around people.

Jonesfach
17-01-15, 08:39 AM
Having been to phils place recently I have seen how busy the guy is. He has lots of things ongoing and is undoubtedly doing his best. Not only this he actually works full time in a factory on shifts.

Give the lad a break people...not like he has done a runner with people's money is it?

24sevenslacker
17-01-15, 09:02 AM
But my point is, your quick to write a reply on here. But you cant text back to the text i sent last night. Theres no point in ringing you because you dont answer. If your bad at communication, do something about it

philip
17-01-15, 09:15 AM
I didnt see text til i got up for half 5 fir work. Ill check now and reply.

House
17-01-15, 10:08 AM
This thread was never meant to be an attack on Phil.

i was just trying to get hold of him.

phunkynova
17-01-15, 11:15 AM
This thread was never meant to be an attack on Phil.

i was just trying to get hold of him.

Then maybe you should word your postings with a little bit more thought put in to them as it did seam as if you where having a bit of a go at him.

House
17-01-15, 12:00 PM
^^^^^^

Discussed with Phunkynova on PM. Resolved.

philip
17-01-15, 12:25 PM
Noone needs too start arguing. I spoke to graham. Spoke to tom and sorted.

House
17-01-15, 12:47 PM
Noone needs too start arguing. I spoke to graham. Spoke to tom and sorted.

No one is arguing here Phil, arguing is best done in person

philip
17-01-15, 12:49 PM
No probs matey.

welsh-nova
17-01-15, 05:22 PM
iv had no faults with phil when he did my head on my nova :thumb:

Andy
17-01-15, 05:24 PM
Spoke to tom and sorted.
sorted when the engines back in his possession mate.
Like you arranged in October was it?
Might well be none of my business but I cant abide seeing good friends fukked about.
Too busy? don't take it on,if you ask tom that's why I never took it on,cos I simply didn't have the time.

XEjames
17-01-15, 05:49 PM
Ive dealt with phil through Migweb + was very happy along with others i know, he is very good, very well priced + is more than happy to hand out free advice or information which is something 95% of engine builders do not do

1 thing i will say as always is that people will always find a bad word to say about other people/traders/businesses however when something goes well it often goes un praised, People always remember the bad + not the good

I would quite confidently say that amount of people that have had very satisfactory dealings with phil would far outway the people that havnt quite been ontime or fully satisfied

In all trades delays happen, sometime these are certain individuals fault + sometimes they are out of peoples control

I agree with House1983 that his opening post was not digging at phil + that it was a mere effort of contact without any slander

Just my little input

All the best James

House
17-01-15, 06:08 PM
Phil's skills are not and have never been in question!! Just needed to hear from him which I have now done.

24sevenslacker
11-03-15, 10:09 PM
Phil's skills are not and have never been in question!! Just needed to hear from him which I have now done.

I think they are now

LOL

House
11-03-15, 10:18 PM
So, here are some pictures of brand new parts supplied to me by Phil Nicols to ne put into a high power engine.

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c175/grahampointing/B47F9BFA-6BFF-4EB6-AED5-952A46576928.jpg (http://s27.photobucket.com/user/grahampointing/media/B47F9BFA-6BFF-4EB6-AED5-952A46576928.jpg.html)

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c175/grahampointing/4C8DF3EE-7EDB-4C05-8AB8-FA50C5AE5578.jpg (http://s27.photobucket.com/user/grahampointing/media/4C8DF3EE-7EDB-4C05-8AB8-FA50C5AE5578.jpg.html)

I've been informed by someone I trust who was in his workshop in November that these exact Willaims rods were in a box of scrap having come out of a knackered engine, they are dinked and covered in knocks and damage.

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c175/grahampointing/CC5BC15E-BF4F-451C-8961-B4ACAB87ED12.jpg (http://s27.photobucket.com/user/grahampointing/media/CC5BC15E-BF4F-451C-8961-B4ACAB87ED12.jpg.html)

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c175/grahampointing/6A7D8BB4-BF16-4139-93A6-0CD90A9756C6.jpg (http://s27.photobucket.com/user/grahampointing/media/6A7D8BB4-BF16-4139-93A6-0CD90A9756C6.jpg.html)

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c175/grahampointing/10024A95-9CD4-4216-8FA2-5C3133A9D90A.jpg (http://s27.photobucket.com/user/grahampointing/media/10024A95-9CD4-4216-8FA2-5C3133A9D90A.jpg.html)

This crank is disgusting, clear discolouration and rust.

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c175/grahampointing/5826AB80-260D-44A7-A72E-D527DA8D8DE3.jpg (http://s27.photobucket.com/user/grahampointing/media/5826AB80-260D-44A7-A72E-D527DA8D8DE3.jpg.html)

Supposedly brand new big end shells that have clear wear marks and grooves in them.

This is off the back of what has happened in a standard engine he "built" me, see my thread.

http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?204560-Emma-second-time-around/page12

He put a standard set of shells onto a -0.25mm ground crank, then tried to tell me the shells had worn the crank down!!!!

Since January 2013 I've sent him £4,865. for that I've got one engine that the bottom end was complete scrap and another box of parts that are as good as useless.

Now I would take this up with him via phone, txt, email, whatsaapp, facebook message, carrier pigeon but he never answers the phone or txt or anything.

Avoid using this guy for anything unless you want to be lied to and end up wasting your money.

And for those that say he deserves a chance to solve this privately, yeah great but no one can get hold of him.

I'd also like to point out that I only met Phil through this forum, he saw my build thread and messaged me offering to supply parts and do engine work at discount prices, as a site sponsor you would believe he would be trustworthy. A mistake I will never make again.

Iain
11-03-15, 10:25 PM
Pop his details on action fraud website.

House
11-03-15, 10:27 PM
Pop his details on action fraud website.

I've had a look, I'm waiting on an email back from them (out of office hours) to see if this is classed as fraud and if they can do anything about it.

Andy
11-03-15, 10:34 PM
What an utter cunnt.
I wonder if this clownshoe is even registered as a business and paying tax on that

Iain
11-03-15, 10:40 PM
I put in details of an iindividual who didn't send me all the parts he promised and got a Paypal refund to the tune of 500... I think this is well worthy of the site. If multiple people register their problems with him they'll look into it.

House
11-03-15, 10:40 PM
He can have all the parts back I'll have my £4,865 back. job done.

I'm so annoyed, people pay him decent money to build engines for them and if this is the quality of the parts he puts in their engines then I don't know what to say.

I don't see how this can be excused!! It's ridiculous.

turbojolt
11-03-15, 10:41 PM
5k for scrap i would be kicking in the cunts front door

House
11-03-15, 10:42 PM
I put in details of an iindividual who didn't send me all the parts he promised and got a Paypal refund to the tune of 500... I think this is well worthy of the site. If multiple people register their problems with him they'll look into it.

Thanks Iain, I'll see what they come back with and go from there, if not it'll be small claims court. He owes me for the "build" he hasn't carried out.

burgo
11-03-15, 10:45 PM
"Site sponsors" are not endorsed by PNG in anyway. A site sponsor has simply paid for the privilege of advertising on the forum

House
11-03-15, 10:50 PM
"Site sponsors" are not endorsed by PNG in anyway. A site sponsor has simply paid for the privilege of advertising on the forum

I apologise for the inference burgo, I'm in no way suggesting this forum is at fault, merely that he used this forum to make contact with me and that others should be careful of PM's received from him promising cheaper parts and such.

Southie
11-03-15, 11:00 PM
This thread has been noted in the admin section, if anyone else has valid problems with philips work then please make it heard, if not and wanting to jump on the bandwagon then please don't though.

House
11-03-15, 11:04 PM
This thread has been noted in the admin section, if anyone else has valid problems with philips work then please make it heard, if not and wanting to jump on the bandwagon then please don't though.

Thanks Southie, I never intended this to be a witch hunt, however, when I returned home with the parts this evening and excitedly unwrapped them and had a proper look, I felt I couldn't not let others know what my be going into their engines.

24sevenslacker
11-03-15, 11:08 PM
I highly doubt it andy.

I have also had a bad experience with phil. He also messaged me from this forum after asking about arp bolts. After speaking to him he seemed very knowledgeable and trustworthy. Eventually i managed to pop over to his unit when i was working closer to him. After seeing his unit and meeting him i decided to go ahead. I sent him my engine and he immediately stripped it ready for the rebuild.

As phil says above, i paid him as and when i could ( total of 4 payments amounting to £4k +) i agree i told him not to rush and was happy with what he was telling me, as i trusted him and basically, i dont have a clue about building engines so its over my head.

Fast forward 18 months later and i could not get in touch with him. It would take up to 10 texts and numerous attempts at calling phil to get a reply and im talking over the space of days and weeks.

He informed me that the bottom end was all built up and ready for the head to go on. He invited me over to see the engine and when i got there the rods and pistons were installed. No sump, water pump or oil pump. Again im no expert but when he told me bottom end done, thats what i expected.

After this he told me he would have the engine done in 3 weeks. Then came the excuses.

"Head has gone for machining"

"Head wasnt machined properly and has gone back for machining"

"Still waiting for the head"

"Need to go and pick the head up"

"Need to build the head up"

"Started to build the head but the shims are the wrong size"

"Ordered the shims but they havnt come yet"

"Shims have come so will finish it this week"

"Shims still havnt turned up" (what??!)

You get the idea. Eventually the engine was "finished" 3 months later. When i got to his unit there was no flywheel attached. He did this whilst i waited. He then informed me that a lad who had a key to his unit had been in and nicked some gear. Including my pressure plate. So no pressure plate. There was also no oil return/dipstick fitted as he had misplaced it and no flexi hose to join the 2 oilways together on the head (porus mod) he promised me he would get these bits sorted and get them posted to me asap, within 2 weeks as thats how long the pressure plate would take to arrive. I then returned home and realised there were no bell housing bolts too.

Still recieved zero parts 2 months later. I have since told him to ram it.

His unit is a ****hole and i do not know how he works in there.

I wish i had never got involved and just scrapped the nova. It would have been much more satisfying.

My advice to anybody, do not go near him, he is a liar and can not be trusted. I dont care how many people have had good parts off him and all that crap. Run and then run some more.

After seeing this my engine will be getting stripped and checked.

Sorry for the long post. Iv been waiting to get this off my chest

Southie
11-03-15, 11:08 PM
Thanks Southie, I never intended this to be a witch hunt, however, when I returned home with the parts this evening and excitedly unwrapped them and had a proper look, I felt I couldn't not let others know what my be going into their engines.
No witch hunt if there's a legit reason for your problems, obviously there's always two sides to a story so I expect Philip to say his bit but with you now being a second person to be unhappy with his work we need to know, especially with him being a site sponsor.

House
11-03-15, 11:18 PM
No witch hunt if there's a legit reason for your problems, obviously there's always two sides to a story so I expect Philip to say his bit but with you now being a second person to be unhappy with his work we need to know, especially with him being a site sponsor.

Ofcourse, Phil will, I'm sure, have something to say about this but as said above who knows what to believe!!

I've built engines for people before (the only reason I didn't build this one was time constraints) and whether it was a standard engine or a high power monster it got the same treatment, there is no way on earth a crank would go back into and engine in that state and as for rods, rust, really?? Inexcusable for someone who claims to an engine builder.

NathanKirkpatrick
11-03-15, 11:22 PM
Get the water pistols out and get naked guys :)

Southie
11-03-15, 11:25 PM
Philip we need your opinion on this so please respond.

Andy
11-03-15, 11:27 PM
I highly doubt it andy.

I have also had a bad experience with phil. He also messaged me from this forum after asking about arp bolts. After speaking to him he seemed very knowledgeable and trustworthy. Eventually i managed to pop over to his unit when i was working closer to him. After seeing his unit and meeting him i decided to go ahead. I sent him my engine and he immediately stripped it ready for the rebuild.

As phil says above, i paid him as and when i could ( total of 4 payments amounting to £4k +) i agree i told him not to rush and was happy with what he was telling me, as i trusted him and basically, i dont have a clue about building engines so its over my head.

Fast forward 18 months later and i could not get in touch with him. It would take up to 10 texts and numerous attempts at calling phil to get a reply and im talking over the space of days and weeks.

He informed me that the bottom end was all built up and ready for the head to go on. He invited me over to see the engine and when i got there the rods and pistons were installed. No sump, water pump or oil pump. Again im no expert but when he told me bottom end done, thats what i expected.

After this he told me he would have the engine done in 3 weeks. Then came the excuses.

"Head has gone for machining"

"Head wasnt machined properly and has gone back for machining"

"Still waiting for the head"

"Need to go and pick the head up"

"Need to build the head up"

"Started to build the head but the shims are the wrong size"

"Ordered the shims but they havnt come yet"

"Shims have come so will finish it this week"

"Shims still havnt turned up" (what??!)

You get the idea. Eventually the engine was "finished" 3 months later. When i got to his unit there was no flywheel attached. He did this whilst i waited. He then informed me that a lad who had a key to his unit had been in and nicked some gear. Including my pressure plate. So no pressure plate. There was also no oil return/dipstick fitted as he had misplaced it and no flexi hose to join the 2 oilways together on the head (porus mod) he promised me he would get these bits sorted and get them posted to me asap, within 2 weeks as thats how long the pressure plate would take to arrive. I then returned home and realised there were no bell housing bolts too.

Still recieved zero parts 2 months later. I have since told him to ram it.

His unit is a ****hole and i do not know how he works in there.

I wish i had never got involved and just scrapped the nova. It would have been much more satisfying.

My advice to anybody, do not go near him, he is a liar and can not be trusted. I dont care how many people have had good parts off him and all that crap. Run and then run some more.

After seeing this my engine will be getting stripped and checked.

Sorry for the long post. Iv been waiting to get this off my chest
Opinion on what southie?
Him being a conman? This post only scratches the surface tbh

House
11-03-15, 11:30 PM

Helpful!!! lol

24sevenslacker
11-03-15, 11:33 PM
In my opinion, his opinion will be a pack of lies just to make him look like hes the victim by his scam being ruined and opened up.

If i were phil i would hang my head in shame and just give up.

Might be harsh but he deserves it

NathanKirkpatrick
11-03-15, 11:34 PM

Sorry about this comment folks my partner decided to be an ass please take no notice

House
11-03-15, 11:36 PM
My opinion is simple,

I've paid £4,000 plus for a Los of parts that I now can't trust as who knows where they've come from, no doubt Phil will say "they'll be fine" but it's not his £4,000 going bang on the rollers while being setup, just like the first engine he "built" me

House
11-03-15, 11:37 PM
Sorry about this comment folks my partner decided to be an ass please take no notice

No drama!! lollol

Southie
11-03-15, 11:37 PM
Opinion on what southie?
Him being a conman? This post only scratches the surface tbh
Andy, two sides to every story so we need to here from him.
Have you personally had dealings with his work?

I'm not say there's not an issue at all but you need to understand that we can't just take a couple of negative posts (not saying they're not worthy at all!!!) without hearing the other side.

If/when Philip has his say and we believe it's nonscence then we can only close him from here but it doesn't bring people's money back sadly.

House
11-03-15, 11:41 PM
My money is gone!! I've accepted that, I'm just trying to prevent someone else being mugged off.

NathanKirkpatrick
11-03-15, 11:41 PM
No drama!! lollol

Cant leave my phone anywhere in the house with out her at something lol

Southie
11-03-15, 11:43 PM
My money is gone!! I've accepted that, I'm just trying to prevent someone else being mugged off.
I know that so just need to hear his side "again".

24sevenslacker
11-03-15, 11:47 PM

i could write it out for you if you like?

ill take the extracts directly from "Phil's guide to excuses"

just saves time.

on a serious note I'm surprised he hasn't already replied

House
12-03-15, 12:07 AM

The word "again" concerns me here.

How many times can someone mess stuff up and still come out smelling of roses

Southie
12-03-15, 12:15 AM
The word "again" concerns me here.

How many times can someone mess stuff up and still come out smelling of roses
The again is for a final time if need be, as said we need to here his side.
I know your both pisssed off with bloody good reason so I'm not messing you about.

I have pm'd him regarding him needing to comment to this thread btw.

House
12-03-15, 12:35 AM
The again is for a final time if need be, as said we need to here his side.
I know your both pisssed off with bloody good reason so I'm not messing you about.

I have pm'd him regarding him needing to comment to this thread btw.

Thanks Southie.

One further point, my "brand new" Rusty Williams rods are all bubble wrapped up in Acralite boxes!! Seems strange.

Did you panic and Get them out of the scrap pile when I demanded my parts?? then throw them in the nearest box to hand????

24sevenslacker
12-03-15, 12:40 AM
Another thing I would like to add to the list of problems as I forgot in the last post. I originally sent Phil a reconditioned head to use with my engine. My head was porous and this head had the mod already. Phil talked me out of using this head for reasons I can't remember as it was so long ago. After asking for the head back when I went to his unit he informed me he had loaned it to a friend to mock up a manifold. He told me he would get it back for when I picked the engine up.

after asking questions and getting elusive answers he eventually dropped an additional charge of £225 for head machining out of thin air. He offered to keep the head and sell it on to forget about the £225 phantom charge. I said no and I wanted the head back myself as I wanted to sell it myself. When I eventually picked up the engine the head was nowhere to be seen. "Still at his mates." I told him to keep it because I was just sick of it.

if this is not a downright con I don't know what is.

thank you and goodnight

philip
12-03-15, 07:55 AM
Ill speak to graham this morn.

I put hands up with the first xe and said will cover costs.

The rods tom was referring too wernt those rods. They were pankl rods that came from an engine so to clear that up For start.

Those big ends had only been bolted up and rotated on that crank and those rods. They havent been run on an engine and after the bigend fault on previous engine I stripped everything right back for when graham collected the parts. They were plastigauged and rotated. Nothing more. Crank was polished by a local company I use also May get some slight marks but any scoring and Iit would of been ground.

That rod I disnt realise it was like that. I put them in an aqueous hot wash and wiped/boxed up right away which may been the cause. The rods will get slight surface rust if contact with water solution and have residue. Obviously different when oiled up too go into an engine.

And andy I do pay taxes thank you.

philip
12-03-15, 08:04 AM
Ill get yoir head sorted tom. The 225 was for larger inlet seats for the big valves which machine shop did as disnt feel std seats were qide enough. And was a cost I didnt initially know about.

24sevenslacker
12-03-15, 08:29 AM
Phil I know for a fact those are the rods I asked about in your unit. I remember looking at the marks on them and you told me they were from an engine you took to bits. I don't care what you say, that is the truth. As for the head I'll believe it when I see it. Also how do you not know about additional charges. You are the one building the engine. I'm sick of this anyway because again you are quick to write a response on here but you couldn't get back to me straight away when I asked about my parts. I have left my input here and I'm going to say no more

Edd
12-03-15, 10:42 AM
**I never contribute anything of use, so I wont say anything at all***

Stuart
12-03-15, 11:21 AM
Would those who have NOT had any dealings with Philip please NOT stick your oars in... (Andy, Edd I'm looking at you two mostly :p )

As has been said, "we" (PNG) are not responsible for the traders/sponsers, but we are watching this with interest. Please keep it as civil as possible and should any PM's relating to this start to hide information, it would be most appreciated if they could be forwarded on or posted here.

Edd
12-03-15, 11:22 AM
Sorry boss man

24sevenslacker
15-03-15, 01:46 PM
Would those who have NOT had any dealings with Philip please NOT stick your oars in... (Andy, Edd I'm looking at you two mostly :p )

As has been said, "we" (PNG) are not responsible for the traders/sponsers, but we are watching this with interest. Please keep it as civil as possible and should any PM's relating to this start to hide information, it would be most appreciated if they could be forwarded on or posted here.

So has it just been brushed under the carpet then?

House
15-03-15, 02:34 PM
I have spoken to Phil.

Edd
15-03-15, 02:40 PM
And..........

House
15-03-15, 06:06 PM
He has agreed source a new set of rods, posted direct from the manufacturer. Refund the money already paid that is now owed for not building the engine, £800 and pence, to be paid in installments at Phil's request, which I guess makes me an interest free loan company.

Southie
15-03-15, 06:41 PM
What make you say that then? PNG can't be held responsible for third party's being untrustworthy sadly, we can only be made aware of the actions of these sorts of people by the means of yourself and House.

I hope all get sorted out between all parties as it does nobody any good financially and mentally.

24sevenslacker
15-03-15, 06:50 PM
Im not saying your responsible. But when you have been made aware of whats been going on i would expect something to be at least said.

Im not being funny but this forum is full of cunts. You get your trousers pulled down for posting a link to ebay but pay your £40 contributors fee and you can do what the **** you like

I wont be posting on this site any more. Your all ****ers. Ban me

Southie
15-03-15, 06:54 PM
Im not saying your responsible. But when you have been made aware of whats been going on i would expect something to be at least said.

Im not being funny but this forum is full of cunts. You get your trousers pulled down for posting a link to ebay but pay your £40 contributors fee and you can do what the **** you like

I wont be posting on this site any more. Your all ****ers. Ban me
Interesting but who are you aiming that at :roll:

Its hardly the forums fault you've been ripped off is it, plenty of cracking people on here and your making the whole club in the same category for some bizarre reason.

I've tried helping as much as I can but obviously I'm a c u next tuesday!!!!

If you don't like the forum then it's up to you if you log on.

Edit: In your opinion what would like PNG to do about it?

House
15-03-15, 07:16 PM
All I've tried to do is make people aware of my experiences, as has Tommy and people can search for and find information that I would have found useful when deciding where to spend my money.

I've had a number of PM's on here and also facebook comments from people saying that they'll think twice before committing large amounts of cash for engine builds that they possibly can't control.

I will certainly think thrice before trusting someone with my money without a complete breakdown of the works involved and an agreed timescale in writing.

I just hope no one else has the hassle I've had.

The_General_Chancer
15-03-15, 07:46 PM
I think your engines are **** and you are a useless lying prick!

I wish I could run my business like you. The way you treat tommy is diabolical.

regards

rich

Iain
15-03-15, 08:32 PM
Fair play for making others aware but no point in getting angry at the club

Southie
15-03-15, 08:38 PM
I think your engines are **** and you are a useless lying prick!

I wish I could run my business like you. The way you treat tommy is diabolical.

regards

rich
Thanks for your input, have you had also dealings with Philip then?

Stuart
15-03-15, 08:43 PM

Hardly. If that were true we the evil nazi rude lady gardens would have hidden this thread and banned anyone who speaks out.... Has that happened? Erm no.

as mr South has explained, we have no control over who does or dosent rip you off, ideally no one would but hey. You don't stop being ripped off on all sorts of sites and sellers so its hardly our fault.

yes we are a bit anal about ebay links in forsale ads etc but that point has been laboured on and on and on for ages, ebay makes money from the sale, why should they get free money from a click through from png, and also if you sold direct (assuming not a business) you'd net more cash for your parts too :) swings both ways (like the gayer admin mods etc blah blah)

Ahh sod it, bored now.
something will be done but how it will appease you I don't know (or care based on your outburst)

Southie
15-03-15, 09:56 PM
24sevenslacker: this has been made public now:
http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?210395-Don-t-send-Philip-Nichols-money

BigRuss
15-03-15, 11:23 PM
It's never good seeing people getting ripped off!! You have my sympathies...

I've had competition engines built myself and luckily haven't been ripped off.

I am self employed and have never ripped anybody off, I believe Karma is a very real thing in this world, what goes around comes around. The person concerned will eventually have his Karma...

Bye the Bye, Williams rods are cheap Polish crap!!

House
20-03-15, 08:06 AM

The whole lot of it is going in the bin mate.

There's bad Juju around that engine!! I don't need that in my life!!

Just wish I'd spent the money on something useful like IVF.

As a matter of public record Phil is sending me new rods this week aswell as paying back £200 at a time as and when he can. If anyone else would like an interest free loan, please contact me at

House@GetInterestFreeLoansCosImLoadedAndDontNeedMy MoneySoAmHappyToGIveItAway.nobjockey.uk

Iain
20-03-15, 08:26 AM
Ha ha

8valve-craig
20-03-15, 09:51 AM
I was always under the impression that Phillip knew what he was doing. Its the same with a lot of semi pro's in the industry unfortunately, they may be good at what they do, but handling other peoples money requires business skills that many of these people lack.

On the bright side..... at least he didn't build you an engine that went bang on the rollers :roll:

House
20-03-15, 05:52 PM
On the bright side..... at least he didn't build you an engine that went bang on the rollers :roll:

Oh wait.............he did!!

Kev Turbo
20-03-15, 07:20 PM
I was always under the impression that Phillip knew what he was doing. Its the same with a lot of semi pro's in the industry unfortunately, they may be good at what they do, but handling other peoples money requires business skills that many of these people lack.

Off topic - Didn't Lee from Mig build yours Craig?

8valve-craig
20-03-15, 07:59 PM
Off topic - Didn't Lee from Mig build yours Craig?

Yes, Lee303. That was also a very expensive mis-judgement.

steveboyslim
20-03-15, 08:03 PM
It's never good seeing people getting ripped off!! You have my sympathies...

I've had competition engines built myself and luckily haven't been ripped off.

I am self employed and have never ripped anybody off, I believe Karma is a very real thing in this world, what goes around comes around. The person concerned will eventually have his Karma...

Williams rods are Chinese not Polish.
They are some of the better 'cheap' rods available.
Many of the rods including most of the commonly available are also Chinese just re-branded and often re-boxed.
The price is the best give away.
I you want or need better rods then you need Arrow, Saenz, Carrillo or Farndon.

Steve

House
29-03-15, 07:24 PM
As an update to this, i agreed to a payment plan that Phil has stuck to, for which I'm grateful and he is also replacing the set of rods that were questionable.

Once I receive the rods and the last 2 payments I'll consider the matter resolved and dealt with.

It's just a shame it all came to this.

BRoadGhost
31-03-15, 05:15 PM
I'm amazed you got this result GJ!

House
17-10-15, 08:53 PM
I'm amazed you got this result GJ!

Sorry to drag this up but I'm but it turns out it wasn't a result!!! The block had a different 5th bearing cap and was 5 thou out of round when tightened, the supposedly polished crank is covered in hot oil stains and rust, the shells are scratched and scrap, the Pistons look like they're used.

I've had to source a new block, crank and Pistons!!!