PDA

View Full Version : Definitive c14nz + c14se piston + head volumes + head hasket thickness needed please

XEjames
16-01-15, 05:31 PM
Hi everyone

Ive been searching today for some info regarding the piston volume + head combustion chamber volume but cannot find any ACTUAL data just lots of 'I think' or 'its about'

Also wondering what the compressed head gasket thickness is + whether the pistons sit flush with the deck, protruted or below

I know the c14nz is 9.4:1 CR + the c14se is 10:1 CR but i need to calculate the decompression plate thickness i need for what i want

If both engine were sat on the bench it wouldnt be an issue but the NZ is in the car at the moment as a daily drive + i havnt picked up the SE yet

I plan on using the NZ pistons in the rest of the SE + to have the thinnest decomp plate as possible

Cheers for any help
James

phunkynova
16-01-15, 05:45 PM
I'm no expert but I believe if you put a 1.6 se head on a 1.4 nz block the compression ratio will lower than using a 1.4 se head.

therealnovaboy
16-01-15, 06:02 PM
E16se head I measured was 34.3cc. I've never measured a 1.4 head. My used gasket was 1.35mm thick which will vary with make and how many notches it has on it.

Building an an engine with any head you haven't measured it's cc is pretty risky as you don't know if it has been skimmed before different valves/ seats ect. Numbers you have found on the net are only a good theoretical guide. You'll probably have to cc the piston in the block to get the compression height of the piston. It's the only way to measure it if they are not flat.

The he volumes you are talking about are do small that 1cc out of measurement could equate to 0.5:1 cr so needs to be pretty accurate. A skim of a head for flatness could be 0.5cc

i defiantly wouldn't take the measurement from a mong like me as you have no idea how accurate and retarded I am.