PDA

View Full Version : Knock sensor fault on c20let please help

nova_t
15-01-15, 04:24 PM
Hi all basically I have a nova turbo (c20let) and my problem is i keep getting knock sensor fault witch is putting car into limp mode ive tried everything I can think off to try and sort this if I reset ecu it goes off drive but as soon as you put foot down ecu light comes on and goes back into limp mode ive changed a few things that I think could cause the problem witch are

.new knock sensor
.different engine loom
.different ecu

Also ive checked the loom plugs that they are the right way round cu I know the knock sensor and idle control valve are the same plug and its defo plugged into right one

So none of that has worked so could do with help thanks

craig green
15-01-15, 10:35 PM
Is it a chipped/modded ECU?

You say you've swapped looms, is the wiring OK to the sensor? (more often at fault than a sensor itself)

Lastly, knock sensors have a specific torque for screwing into the block, its a fairly loose fit. Too tight & it will be ruined.

Cossvaux van
16-01-15, 06:08 AM
Coud be engine noise and doing its job?uve changed obvious I'd get some det cans on it n have a listen

Will F
16-01-15, 09:15 AM
Exactly what he said...the sensor's probably doing its job!

Damo
16-02-15, 11:20 AM
Could be a broken wire in the loom i had this once everytime i put foot down id get limp mode and code 16 on ecu fiund a broken wire in the main engine harness.

Damo.

meritlover
16-02-15, 02:01 PM
What voltage are you measuring at the sensor connector?