PDA

View Full Version : Perspex Windows

Paul
16-09-03, 10:11 PM
How much are they? Back, rear sides and front ones...

Where from?

How much weight will it loose?

Do they scratch easily?

Are they stronger or weaker?

Are they worth getting?

Cheers Paul

RJM25R
17-09-03, 09:05 AM
Best person to speak to is "FEARLESS" He built brett warburtons car, the first mag featured road car to have them. PM him and he'll reply to you.

Breeny
17-09-03, 09:29 AM
the first mag featured road car to have them

You should read Redline/Max Poo/Fastcar/Total Vauxhall less often, and also get your head out of Brett W's and Daves arse!

Anyways back to the topic, If you want to do it really cheaply its not that hard to make them yourself, I know a few people that have done it.

Just bear in mind if you use the car a lot... it wont be safe from thieves etc and its also damn noisy when driving along.. especially if you get the little window with the chain to lock it in place in the front..

The idea is not only are they lighter, but it doesn't shatter like glass does, Obviously they are a lot softer than glass but I doubt scratches a really an issue..

IMHO they are only worth getting if you are very serious about shedding the maximum weight possible, and you do not use the car on a day to day basis.

Cp will know prices and may have some better ideas so wait for him to comment (and correct me on the above no doubt lol)

Will
17-09-03, 09:34 AM
yip or ask cp or chris T they both have perspex

from memory i think ur looking at around 200 odd quid but i cant remember for sure.

if you totally strip a nova u can save 100kg's which is a lot and a cheap way to make ur car quicker, when i say totally strip i mean the following:

1. remove ALL sound deadening
2. remove carpet
3. remove spare wheel
4. remove all seats and seat belts and reaplce with light weight bucket/s and harnesse/s
5. remove headlining
6. dont have a sun roof, lmfao
7. remove parts of dash and other things not required (passenger sun visor etc, lol MC did this)
8. remove sily things like central locking and leccy windows, LOL
7. add perspex windows

smile at your 1/4 mile time ;)

as regards your questions:

They can be strached easily, the guys who own them can tell u were they got them from and how much

They are both stronger and weaker...... i mean u can still break into them but its not the same as smashing glass a bit more of an arse except the front sliding windows are a bit easy open i think.

WARNING: the front windows rattle lots this can be annoying, if u get annoyed easily dont do it, lmfao

?Marty?
17-09-03, 04:26 PM
If you're THAT serious, sell the nova nd get a cateram.

Jules
17-09-03, 06:49 PM
the first mag featured road car to have them

You should read Redline/Max Poo/Fastcar/Total Vauxhall less often, and also get your head out of Brett W's and Daves arse!

Aye, I remember a blue valver in the mags owned by someone called Scott Coleman that had perspex windows cos he had the fuel filler going through it (Drivers side rear window).
So although the Brett W / Fearless Nova is many many things, I'm afraid it's not the first road legal Nova to have perspex windows.
:|

?Marty?
18-09-03, 04:18 AM
Scotts Nova was my ALL TIME FAVE!! And inspired me to build an EXACT replica.

RJM25R
18-09-03, 09:21 AM
Scott's nova only had a perspex quarter window.

Breeny, my head isn't up Brett or Daves arse I was just trying to give a fellow NOVALOADER a resource to speak to, that's all.

Isn't that the idea of this site?!!

Chortle chortle!!

Rick

Breeny
18-09-03, 05:45 PM
Eer I don't remember even commenting on the bit about you giving a resource to another member?? Your correct, thats what the sites about, ta for stating the obvious.

Sluuurrppp

"Chortle chortle"

fearless
18-09-03, 11:07 PM
Most common place 2 get perspex windows from is

AIREDALE EACE COMPONENTS

01423 360456

Two options available as to which material to use

Either Perspex (which can shatter, but scratches can be polished out) or
Polycaronate (which is unbreakable but can't polish scatchest out !)

Both are availabe with or without 'Slider' windows - The finished product is excellent, the slider runners/window are cnc machined, and come pre-assembled

Availabe clear or tinted

I Can't remember the prices but the guy on the other end of the phone is very helpfull !!!!

Another cheaper option (carried out by a mate to his rally car) is to hunt high and low around scrap yards for ex police vehicles (Riot van) - Take the tinted polycarbonate side windows out (usualy not scratched due to mesh covers over them) - give the guy in the office a couple of quid - use your old glass as a template and simply cut round with a jigsaw !!

Hay preso - cheap polycarbonate windows !!! LOL

?Marty?
20-09-03, 01:56 AM
lol at Blue Peter stylee DIY tips from dave!

olly55
20-09-03, 11:06 AM
If you're THAT serious, sell the nova nd get a cateram.

replys liek that aint needed really r they, can see y alot of people moan coz they dont get help

krobinson
23-09-03, 02:55 PM
What window rubber seal's are best used when you have perspex windows? As the two seperate windows become one..

Keith

wisewood
23-09-03, 03:05 PM
wasnt it something like a metro?