PDA

View Full Version : 2.0 8v installation help,

-fred-
09-01-15, 12:19 PM
I'm currently building my nova and it's time for a engine, just wondering wot I need Al to put a 2.08v into it, it used to be a 1.2, wot mounts do I need, do I need to modifiy the chassis leg? Etc? And wot would be the best gear box to use?

Any by help would be greatly apraiciated as I'm trying to finish it for Easter,

torquey
09-01-15, 02:25 PM
I used a 2ltr mount kit from lmf. The chassis leg dont need notchin for this conversion unless you go down xe route. I used the f16box on mine could use a f20. You will need a injection fuel tank aswell if yours was a carb model.

Andy
09-01-15, 03:03 PM
The chassis leg DOES need cutting out to accomodate the 2.0 8v.
plenty sell the mount kits on ebay.
you will need conversion shafts too.
id use an f16cr

torquey
09-01-15, 04:12 PM
The leg doesnt need notchin! I installed my 2ltr 8 v and never had to do it, the pully wasnt near enough to catch.

torquey
09-01-15, 04:19 PM
I used nova 22 spline shafts with big block inner cv,s still using them today in my let nova lol.

-fred-
09-01-15, 06:32 PM
Good job for I really don't want to start cutting the leg cause I only freshly painted the engine bay, I heard a f13 box would be a good box to use, is this true? Also I have gsi hubs and shafts will these work with the engine?

Andy
09-01-15, 06:39 PM
The leg doesnt need notchin! I installed my 2ltr 8 v and never had to do it, the pully wasnt near enough to catch.

Aye ok then mate.whatever you say.
if it wasnt near enough either you installed it wrong or the car was damaged.

-fred-
09-01-15, 07:00 PM
Wot pulley catches?

Johnny A
09-01-15, 07:11 PM
Aye ok then mate.whatever you say.
if it wasnt near enough either you installed it wrong or the car was damaged.

Are you referring to the alternator pulley or the bottom (crank) pulley?

torquey
09-01-15, 07:15 PM
How can you install it wrong? I used the mount kit for the 2 ltr engine went in fine. Had no issues with alternator pully touchin as had enough space between the leg and pully maybe i got lucky!. The engine came from a breakers maybe had a smaller alternator/ pully on it? The car aint damaged. Had to notch leg for the let conversion which i knew about.

Andy
09-01-15, 10:46 PM
This thread is a joke.like the site now.
is everybody demented or something

Andy
09-01-15, 10:51 PM
Perhaps youve reinvented the wheel sunshine eh

Johnny A
09-01-15, 10:59 PM
Looks like I missed some Grade A trollin'

mowgli
10-01-15, 09:59 AM
Good job for I really don't want to start cutting the leg cause I only freshly painted the engine bay, I heard a f13 box would be a good box to use, is this true? Also I have gsi hubs and shafts will these work with the engine?

op, you can use the f13 box, BUT only if you can source a 1.7d (non turbo from an astra mk2/3) flywheel & clutch.

it is possible to fit one without cutting the chassis, but you might need to play around with the alternator bolt.

it is also possible to move the alternator to the front of the engine where the power steering pump gets mounted.

it is quite possible to also move the engine & box slightly to the left for clearance.

its basically down to how much time & effort you want to put into it really.

torquey
10-01-15, 10:09 AM
Thanks for clearing that up mowgli. As said my alternator could of been changed for a smaller one it might of been the original nova one it was a few years back. But defo did not cut the leg out for clearance, nor is my car damaged!!