PDA

View Full Version : Vivaro 5 speed gearbox

Walshysr
30-12-14, 09:46 PM
Just been asked to have alook at a mates van it was stuck in gear he had someone try to bleed the clutch but failed miserably I've been And bled the system and now have a good clutch problem being now it needs a gearbox as it won't get second gear I've adjusted the cables and no joy I believe it's common for these boxes to fail and most of the time its second gear first off the top of my head I think the gearbox is a pk5? Same as Renault traffic and Nissan primastar can anyone confirm this cheers chris

millworm
31-12-14, 12:09 AM
Yeah pk5 sure cables aren't seized or slector also common on these

chris gsi
31-12-14, 02:12 PM
Can you select all the other gears or are they all stiff ? as the cables seize up as does the selector on the top and side of the gearbox there is a bearing that the selectors go through that fail (gearbox out and strip if it is)

millworm
31-12-14, 03:32 PM
When cables go there is a lot or resistance when changing gear but you can get it in with force, when slector goes they feel like they want to bounce out of gear ie you push the gear stick and it just bounces back, unsure about servicing the the selector as we generally replace the box at work as they're company veichles

chris gsi
31-12-14, 08:58 PM
I have found it to give the same fault the selectors and the cables seizing just remove the cables from the box and try the cables/selectors chaning the bearings is easy enough just got to remove the box and strip in in half

Walshysr
01-01-15, 10:27 PM
Thanks for the replies I've fitted new cables and no joy when reversing if I push the clutch in the van locks up also second gear is non existent it goes in but doesn't do anything?

millworm
01-01-15, 11:50 PM
Assume that you've checked the clutch aswell?

Walshysr
02-01-15, 02:26 AM
Clutch is new aswell mate he payed someone a lot of money to fix it it was taken to a garage they said it was master cylinder they fitted new one then told him clutch they done that then said its cables and they are to busy to finish it that's the joys of going to dodgy back street garages haha