PDA

View Full Version : Change of car

phunkynova
20-12-14, 08:39 AM
I think of changing my road car had the 2.2 Honda Civic diesel 2 years now great car BUT not me so I'm hope to go back to Subaru as I loved my old one and I all ways smiled while driving it.
So what do you lot think to this, I'm not too sure about the art work!?.

http://www.autoesa.cz/en/subaru/impreza/hatchback/c-58595356.html

jimbob-mcgrew
20-12-14, 05:04 PM
dont do it lol
theyve turned it into a seat leon almost.

parkers didnt rate it so well :
http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/reviews/subaru/impreza/hatchback/

Rob H
20-12-14, 05:55 PM
If I wanted a newish scoob I'd personally get a low mileage mk3 sti instead. Not a fan of those hatchback things. Although if it was me I wouldn't get either, if your going jap it has to be rwd imo. supra/rx7/skyline/silvia etc etc. I own a fd3s and it's by far the best car I've ever owned, such a awesome piece of kit. 50/50 weight distribution and a rotary engine what more do you need? As soon as its street ported and convert to single turbo they really are super car slayers.

phunkynova
20-12-14, 07:35 PM
RWD is okay but in this part of Europe in winter a house and cart is faster than RWD and it look's very much like I will buy it and as for STI's yes very nice but with a BIG PRICE tag to go with them even old models and I do not what a car that has done 170000KM and been hammed most of it's life.

turbojolt
20-12-14, 07:38 PM
you not tempted by a similar priced evo to see how they compare?

phunkynova
20-12-14, 07:51 PM
Evo are not the same price like for like they cost a lot more, well here anyway they do and yes I would go for a Evo but just more money than I want to spend.

turbojolt
20-12-14, 08:03 PM
probably because they are better lol

never pedalled a Scooby and only half pedalled a evo...wasn't mega impressed think I was expecting a snorting beast not the controlled almost boring car I experienced :/

phunkynova
20-12-14, 08:16 PM
But that's the point of them they are fast for what they cost and are very drivable with good around control a lot of people have some misunderstanding of them, they get you from a to b on the back roads fast and safely.
EVO's are a bit quicker but cost more as they have a far bit more electronic aids to make the car more stable.

turbojolt
20-12-14, 08:28 PM
that it, I think I was expecting to much from the evo as I grow up seeing videos of them....none of them were standard clearly lol

jimbob-mcgrew
20-12-14, 09:54 PM
RWD is okay but in this part of Europe in winter a house and cart is faster than RWD and it look's very much like I will buy it and as for STI's yes very nice but with a BIG PRICE tag to go with them even old models and I do not what a car that has done 170000KM and been hammed most of it's life.

im not a huge fan of 4WD myself, but if i was in your position, and lived in the mountain terrrain you do, i would probably buy one out of necessity.

ive changed my mind lol .... buy it if you think its worth it. it is £8200 tho, so not cheap.
and if you do, make sure you get some good winter tyres all round for it, so you dont get stuck :thumb:

what do you currently have, out of curiosity ?

Southie
20-12-14, 10:09 PM
I'd get a Subaru outback these days, far more practical lol
Loved legacy turbo estates back in the day though ;)

phunkynova
21-12-14, 08:01 AM
Jimbob I have a 2010 Honda Civic 2.2 Diesel just now.