PDA

View Full Version : Nova rally car x14xe conversion

Novasrrally
18-12-14, 09:08 PM
Can anyway shed some light on my problem ? I've done a x14xe conversion on my nova it's all wired in like the diagram .i went to start it for the first time and it turns over but they're is no spark or power to the fuel pump wires tested the fuel pump relay and injection relay both ok any advice or help would be very gratefully Thanks Glenn

Alan lig
18-12-14, 09:18 PM
What engine was in it before xe

Southie
18-12-14, 09:18 PM
Did you get the key chip, transponder and ecu from the same car?

Was the engine running before hand?

jimbob-mcgrew
18-12-14, 09:30 PM
did you earth the other side of the pump connector, so it can complete its circuit ?

double check youve got the (2 x red/blue) transponder ring wires the right way round :
pin 6 wire on the connector goes to the vss
pin 7 wire on the connector goes to the ecu

treble check the whole wiring circuit, and make sure that 20amp fuse to the pump hasnt popped too

hope some of that helps :thumb:

Novasrrally
18-12-14, 10:18 PM
It had a swift engine in it but I'm using a Sri loom in it I have the chip transponder and ecu all from the same car yeah was a good runner . Got all the nine pin wires wired up but no they're a smaller multi plug off the ecu does this wire up to the vss? Does it need this to start

jimbob-mcgrew
18-12-14, 10:56 PM
you can bypass the vss for just a plain start, but youll need it for driving around, or the car will stall when you come to a stop.

youll deffo need to wire in the transponder ring, and have the key chip next to it, for the car to start

Novasrrally
18-12-14, 11:03 PM
How would u bypass it ? I still have the bit off loom that plugs on to it .The transponder is wired in the chips are taped to it also they're is a black wire with a red looped terminal on the end off it near the coil pack any idea where it goes ? Thanks for your help

jimbob-mcgrew
18-12-14, 11:21 PM
sorry.... when i said bypass, i meant that the blue/red signal wire (pin 6 on the transponder ring) doesnt need to be connected (for it to start and idle)

the little chip might be too close to the transponder ring.
try taping it a bit further away, like it would be, if it were positioned longways in a gm key

jimbob-mcgrew
18-12-14, 11:30 PM
cack, i read that all wrong - sorry dont sleep much.

the BLACK wire coming from the loom might be your (switched live) from the keyswitch. test it with a multimeter, or a bulb to see if its getting +12v juice when you turn the ignition key to the lights position.

if it is - thats where you connect the 3 black wires, from the transponder, the ecu, and the vss

Novasrrally
19-12-14, 05:20 PM
Ok thanks for all your help will try this after tea and let u know how I get on