PDA

View Full Version : Nova gte 1.6 engine

Jack1990
10-12-14, 05:17 PM
Right, I'm looking at changing my 2.0xe for e16se. I've bought a nova gte with a red top and want to put it back to original, sound boring I no but I want it back standard, does anybody no what parts I would need to source before I start this, obviously engine, box(what was the standard box), drive shafts ecu, loom, anything else? Would be great if someone had all this to sell....
Cheers

Rob H
10-12-14, 06:53 PM
engine, box, loom, mounts, driveshafts, exhaust system, hubs(or use the bigger outter cv's) to name a few. To be honest I'd probably just sell the car and buy a standard one be alot less chew.

PS, I'll take your conversion shafts off you if you go thru with it.

Jack1990
10-12-14, 09:25 PM
Cheers, yeah thought about that, it's a gte and the body is mint, may keep the redtop. Be ideal if someone was getting rid of a 1.6 full, that would be too easy tho!

Clint840
10-12-14, 10:32 PM
I have everything your after but its not something I really want to get rid of ,but would do a swop for your red top cheers

Jack1990
11-12-14, 04:06 PM
Would you not be willing to sell as I wanted to keep the engine ideally cheers

Clint840
11-12-14, 09:24 PM
I don't really want to sell it mate because there hard enough to get and it's for project but I would have swoped cheers

Jack1990
12-12-14, 01:28 PM
ok mate well i will have a think, do you have everything that i would need, loom ecu, all the lot? cheers

Iain
12-12-14, 04:23 PM
Putting back to standard would be pretty easy and worthwhile if the shell is good, buying a new shell because of an engine is ridiculous with how rare good shells are now.

Engine, mountings, exhaust. Chances are it'll be on the 22 spline GTE shafts so just an inner CV joint change would see the driveshafts done.

Wiring may or may not be a pig depending on if they've butchered the GTE car loom or made the XE one adapt to the plug-and-play GTE's plug.