PDA

View Full Version : 12st > 14nv

millworm
07-12-14, 05:02 PM
What's required for the swap?, got the 14nv today from an Astra E. Got most bits to go with it, need a pin drive dizzy as I used the dizzy from it on my 1.6 other than that it's pretty complete mainly conserved about throttle cable and choke

millworm
08-12-14, 07:11 PM
Anyone?

jimbob-mcgrew
08-12-14, 08:07 PM
apart from the ignition side, which you already know.

the exhaust will need a few pipes. i think they share the same backbox's, but the rest of its different. pretty sure the 1.2's downpipe is too short.

youll need a 1.3 or 1.4 throttle cable for the 2e carb.

any manual choke kit with the regular pull-out should work.

i think the early 14nv's ran the smaller flywheel with f10 box, so you shouldnt have any issues there, all your 1.2 bits will fit

millworm
08-12-14, 08:29 PM
I mean the carb is auto choke so could I butcher my 1b to convert it? Need to track down a throttle cable then

jimbob-mcgrew
08-12-14, 08:42 PM
oh i see, sorry.

theres an in and an out line for the auto choke on the 2e.
they both go to the heater matrix hoses, 1 on each hose. im pretty sure it doesnt matter which way round they go.

you can chop your heater matrix hoses, and jubilee clip T-piece's in, to feed the auto choke hoses

millworm
08-12-14, 09:14 PM
Ah, might just look for a weber. Don't need an auto choke in my life

jimbob-mcgrew
08-12-14, 11:31 PM
the auto chokes not too bad if setup correctly (can take a fair bit of trial and error to suss it out tho)

you can also get manual conversion kits, but there getting rarer these days.

on the weber front... ive never tried it myself, but most people say good things about the 32/34 DMTL