PDA

View Full Version : Ratchet spanners angle head at Halfords!

EwanG
04-12-14, 08:42 PM
Halfords ratchet spanners on sale at Halfords. They are half price only £40 and I have just bought a set. Here is the link http://www.halfords.com/motoring/garage-equipment/tool-kits/halfords-advanced-professional-9-piece--ratchet-spanner-set

Scottcooper85
04-12-14, 08:48 PM
Might have a slice of that action, cheers for the heads up.

EwanG
04-12-14, 08:51 PM
Might have a slice of that action, cheers for the heads up.

My mate has a set and they are sh1t hot! Lifetime guarantee aswell :)

bazzap8389
04-12-14, 09:00 PM
I got the same set last Christmas lol

Iain
05-12-14, 08:54 AM
Had them for a while and they're top notch, well worth £40.

RallyMarshal
05-12-14, 10:38 AM
Had a set for the while..

Just remember the lifetime guarantee doesnt cover any moving parts!

Paul..

paul080803
05-12-14, 10:52 AM
Had a set for the while..

Just remember the lifetime guarantee doesnt cover any moving parts!

Paul..

It only excludes wear and tear on moving parts from the lifetime guarantee. If a moving part fails during normal use and not due to wear and tear then it is covered!

RallyMarshal
05-12-14, 01:36 PM
Indeed but like all exclusions, thats very open to interpretation on anything other than a very new item!

Paul..

Iain
05-12-14, 01:56 PM
Halfords have changed their viewpoint on that side of things now I think Paul, they'll replace rachets/moving mechanisms now too I believe.

staggy_gsi
05-12-14, 03:17 PM
These are alright for tinkering in the garage on an evening/weekend, but i found being used day in, day out was too much for them. My 10mm, 13mm and 17mm all broke within a year and they wouldn't exchange them. They wouldn't exchange my breaker bar either, arguing that i must have had a scaffy bar over the end of it.

in fact none of my halfords gear lasted very long at all to be honest ...

DaveMarshall
05-12-14, 09:19 PM
These are alright for tinkering in the garage on an evening/weekend, but i found being used day in, day out was too much for them. My 10mm, 13mm and 17mm all broke within a year and they wouldn't exchange them. They wouldn't exchange my breaker bar either, arguing that i must have had a scaffy bar over the end of it.

in fact none of my halfords gear lasted very long at all to be honest ...

I've had the same trouble with the ratchet spanners, they don't last long if used daily. Snap on are expensive but worth the extra in my opinion as any tools I break get replaced instantly.

Dave.

staggy_gsi
06-12-14, 10:12 AM
Good as starter gear. When i first started out as a mechanic i got everything from halfords and slowly as it all broke etc it got replaced with snap on stuff. Its the only way to go in the trade imho, like you say yes its dear but everything pretty much is lifetime warranty and in most cases the dealer comes to you.

scott.parker
06-12-14, 01:39 PM
I bought these when they were in a sale ages ago for iirc £25! There good, but tbh I hate the fact the ratchet head can't be semi fixed, like click into place like a ball spring on a socket, as they flop about when your trying to put pressure on and you end up smacking your hand on something.. lol