PDA

View Full Version : C20LET Running problems.. HELP Please..

boyd_1989
26-11-14, 01:30 PM
Hi all, I have a c20let in a Corsa b..

Starts up and runs fine, when driving it after a short time the engine management light comes on, then after that it has a loss of power and im sure it doesn't boost as it should, holds back a bit, but it seems to run fine when light is off.

I have tested the Ecu for codes and I get, 16 and 42.. 16 is knock sensor, but I have put a brand new one on there but still brings the fault up even after resetting it. And 42 is vss ( vehicle speed sensor ) and it's also ( 1st gear ident switch ) I do not know what that is..

Should I start off with getting a new vss?

Any help would be good.

Thanks.
Craig.

Benn
26-11-14, 05:52 PM
You wont have a VSS as that's a abs sensor.
1st gear ident switch is the 1st gear boost switch iirc. Do you use a F28? If you do plug the serson in, if you don't just join the wires. Plug comes of the dizzy end of the loom.

Rob H
26-11-14, 05:58 PM
Unplug and check all the loom plugs for corrosion, i was tearing my hair out trying to find a break in my cts wire turned out the plug had corroded from the inside. I appreciate the cts is alot more likely to take on water than most other plugs but worth a quick look for the sake of 2 mins work.

boyd_1989
26-11-14, 06:11 PM
Thanks for comments.. I do have a vss as need it for speedo, remember it's corsa b i said.. Im running an f20.
But the code 42 that's coming up is for vss and 1st gear ident switch, so im thinking maybe the vss is faulty and causing the problem?

boyd_1989
26-11-14, 06:12 PM
And yeah I'll check all plugs again make sure nothing's corroded.

Benn
26-11-14, 06:13 PM
Sorry i didn't see it was a Corsa.

Might be worth trying a new VSS

boyd_1989
26-11-14, 07:52 PM
Sorry i didn't see it was a Corsa.

Might be worth trying a new VSS

Haha it's ok mate I thought you hadn't. Yeah that's the next thing to try.. If it's not that though, any other things you can think of? I will update when I get new sensor anyway.

Benn
26-11-14, 09:02 PM
Join the 1st gear switch. That will powerfull fix that fault.

boyd_1989
01-12-14, 05:14 PM
Fixed now.. There was a wire disconnected on the mini loom and that caused the knock sensor fault to come up. And I joined the 1st gear switch and all runs perfect now. Thanks for comments.