PDA

View Full Version : Couple of carb conversion questions (20xe)

Scottcooper85
25-11-14, 09:40 PM
I'm paying a visit to bogg bros on Saturday for a manifold making to suit bike carbs and unsure of a couple of things I'm hoping someone else will have already done before.

1. If I get them to weld a threaded lug on the end of the manifold flange to bolt the original alternator bracket on will it foul the carbs running the standard position?

2. What happens with the water pipe which goes through the inlet into the top of the 3 way pump hose? Can I just blank it up or will it stop water flow through that side of the head?

Think that's it lol

Southie
25-11-14, 09:44 PM
Best to ring bogg bros and ask them, they did my bike carb conversion on my old SR 8 years ago and know what the they're doing, are you getting them to set it up on there rollers as well???

They take a long time though when making manifolds so I hope it's made before hand, are they supplying the bike carbs for you as well???

Scottcooper85
26-11-14, 06:04 AM
I've got the carbs already mate I'm going to drop them off so they can rebuild them and tell them how I want the manifold doing. im going to fit them in a few months and then take the car up for set up there :)