PDA

View Full Version : Under car neons

linzTDI
16-09-03, 09:17 AM
I know some of you dont like them but has anyone got them?

ANyone know of places online to buy them reasonably?

Dave
16-09-03, 10:04 AM
i had ones that were imported from america had them on two months an the tube broke!
you can get em from places like a1 an wilco online i think linz or any car shop since tftf came out!

Will
16-09-03, 10:12 AM
NNNNNNNNNNNOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :cry: :cry: :cry:

linzTDI
16-09-03, 10:13 AM
:lol:

I knew someone would do that

Jack
16-09-03, 12:37 PM
lol... www.incarexpress.co.uk will get u a full set for ?122 inc p&p

geordie_racer
16-09-03, 01:05 PM
theres some place where u can get under car neons made from leds in a plastic tube so they can't break, look thru the old posts they were decently priced

chris

linzTDI
16-09-03, 01:07 PM
was the post in the styling forum?

geordie_racer
16-09-03, 01:11 PM
will have a look in a minute for it

linzTDI
16-09-03, 01:15 PM
cheers

geordie_racer
16-09-03, 01:30 PM
there you go linz

http://www.litewave.co.uk/led_ground_lighting.htm

cost is bout ?205 but these things are meant to be well difficult to break

chris

linzTDI
16-09-03, 01:31 PM
cheers mate

geordie_racer
16-09-03, 03:24 PM
where abouts in newcastle are you linz? im from just south of durham near sedgefield

linzTDI
16-09-03, 03:25 PM
i live behind the airport nearlly on the end of the runway lol

geordie_racer
16-09-03, 03:29 PM
we'll all have to come dowwn n use ur private strip for 0-60 n quater mile times then lol :lol:

linzTDI
16-09-03, 03:47 PM
lol enter at your own risk

McPikie
16-09-03, 03:49 PM
I will hunt you down and tear them from your car, taking half of your rotten sills with me if you DARE disgrace a nova in such a violent fashion!

linzTDI
16-09-03, 03:50 PM
what the hell r yee talkin about now?

McPikie
16-09-03, 03:54 PM
Wanky neons

"Ooooh, look, that Nova must be in the next Fast & Furious film, it has neons"

STOP NOW, I will not allow you to put them on, ha ha ha

linzTDI
16-09-03, 03:55 PM
you cant stop me

McPikie
16-09-03, 03:57 PM
No

But I can beg you for the love of god not to

linzTDI
16-09-03, 03:59 PM
Why not i want them as i like them dont care what other people think will only use them at meets etc just another mod really so shut it

burgo
16-09-03, 04:00 PM
ive always liked neons as long as u get the rite colour and somefing ive nver seen on a nova but i think looks kool with neons is the smoke machines u can get

Fergie_sfc
16-09-03, 07:22 PM
i got the neons that halfords sell, well good.

only ?99.99. if you got a mate that work there he'll get 15% off and they'll be yours for ?85.

well easy to fit and wire up and well good quality.

best neons i've ever seen.

dont pay over ?150 for fusion ones or anything, the halfords prism ones are the best.

http://www.novaload.net/forums/album_thumbnail.php?id=1696
heres a pic of them on a mates car, dont know how to get the pic bigger.

get the halfords ones, trust.

fergie.

got pics of mine in ma profile in signiture.

geordie_racer
16-09-03, 07:29 PM
sorry fergie ur mates neons show why theres such a problem over them. u need to get the positioning of them perfectly so the light shines evenly underneath the car where as with ur m8's theres a massive gap round the wheels and u can clearly c where the lights are mounted from the light given off

also the halfords 1's are glass tubes and easily broken on 1 of the many speed bumps in this fair land lol

chris

Fergie_sfc
16-09-03, 07:33 PM
yeah but when you see them in the flesh they dont look that bad, pretty much a perfect circle round the car.

?Marty?
17-09-03, 03:42 AM
YEA< BUT WHY!?!?!?!?

linzTDI
17-09-03, 09:32 AM
i phoned a car shop and they said for max power ones its ?125 for full set including switch etc then for fast n furious ones its ?160 i said whats the difference he siad i dont know :?: :idea:

I like the ones in the link i was given earlier in this post only coz i like the little box mind that mounts on ya dash and you can have them strobing and pulsing etc will deffinately be getting some with next months wages.

Breeny
17-09-03, 09:52 AM
I'd get them...

If I was 16, had just wanted F+F in the cinema and I wanted to look cooooooool. I'd also get myself neon waser jets cos they instantly make the car look wiiiiiicccckkkkkkeeeeeed too.

Hell why not get a sunstrip too? + some tacky still on quad headlight covers?

oooooo and some maxpower seat covers and harness pads on my seatbelts..

raaaaaah forgot the ultimate Peco Big Bore 4! wwwiiiiiiiiickkkkkkkkeeeeed

linzTDI
17-09-03, 09:57 AM
hmmmm :roll: you takin the piss slightley
Well i got harness pad on my seat belt and havent got neon washer jets, dont want seat covers as mine interior is nice.

Well fcuk y as i will do to my car as i please

Breeny
17-09-03, 10:08 AM
Sorry that was a bit ott.

Here's where I should be all nice and say "in my opinion" bla bla.. but I'm fed up of being nice... NEONS ARE SHIT!

Sod it, you put em on. Just don't complain when everyonce calls you a nonce!

linzTDI
17-09-03, 10:11 AM
why will people call me a nonce when i am a girl so wht i want them on the meets i got to alot of people have thm and it attracts attention to there cars.

Not askin you to like them was only asking where to get them from and who had them so i think you should keep you opinions to your self as they werent asked for

Breeny
17-09-03, 11:34 AM
The meets you go to?

You mean the local Mcdonalds rude boys?

:lol:

Sorry back to the topic..

You can buy them from Halfords...

oh and I know someone with them on his 1.0 nova (well he walked up to me and said look at my neons) I was well impressed I can tell ya.

?Marty?
17-09-03, 04:18 PM
Do what you like Linz. As to the diff between Halfords/Fast anf Furious ones (think they are Fusion ones!?) it is just name branding and nothing else.

It's funny really, as a lot of people i know who are not into modifying cars (young and old) have told me they saw a car with neon lights under it and they thought it's really cool/were well impressed by it, and said i should get some on mine.

Though i personally don't like them. That's because i don't go to meets or cruises or anything like that (i don't like meeting people, or people in general), and it's not legal to drive about with them on. And wouldn't look too good doing that anyway, in my opinion.

Breeny - love your footer pal!

Anton
17-09-03, 05:53 PM
at the end of the day modifying your car is all about doing it to your taste. Some people like sunstrips some don't. Some like big arse plastic kits, and some like subtle.

I myself have chose to have underbodys as i like them.

I have 4 ultra bright ones which are fitted correctly so they light all the underneathm of the car with no gaps.

Hardly have them on to be honnest, as its not worth the points. Really only put them on when parked at shows/meets

Gazza14SR
17-09-03, 06:20 PM
i thought it was a 30pound fine for exterior lights on your car, not points on your lisence anton??

geordie_racer
17-09-03, 08:20 PM
this is gettin out of hand. neons like itt bodykits, 99% of the time look fcuked but as with the ott kits some cars can pull it off and it does look good on the right car so leave her alone if she chooses to do it then let her she asked people for help to find some not for evri1 to attack her and her car because SHE PERSONALLY CHOOSES TO HAVE NEONS ON HER CAR

chris

Breeny
17-09-03, 10:25 PM
Yadda yadda yadda

Alex
18-09-03, 12:20 AM
Do NOT buy max power neons they break as soon as a piece of dust touches them. Get LED under car lights if you really want them, although be prepared to pay a little more

novaexplod
18-09-03, 12:50 AM
no1 seems to have brought the point across that every fcuker has got em neway so it aint nothin new n wen i see a car with neon tubes that show it makes me laugh n they arent that great neway......yesterdays news

linzTDI
18-09-03, 09:10 AM
this is gettin out of hand. neons like itt bodykits, 99% of the time look fcuked but as with the ott kits some cars can pull it off and it does look good on the right car so leave her alone if she chooses to do it then let her she asked people for help to find some not for evri1 to attack her and her car because SHE PERSONALLY CHOOSES TO HAVE NEONS ON HER CAR

chris
thank you

geordie_racer
19-09-03, 01:35 PM
linz do you ever go to spillers?

stevous2003
19-09-03, 01:41 PM
they can look good if u have them all round but they are flimsey as fuck and break all the time!!!!! :? :P :P

linzTDI
22-09-03, 08:50 AM
linz do you ever go to spillers?

I sure do was there on saturday in the pouring rain the car park was in a foot of water.
Was a well nice nova there tho i seen it come in then i was snipering about looking for it, bright yellow it was.

Was a silver nova with a fushion back bumper in primer which tried to race me out the industrial estate they did a hand break turn on the dodgey corner as you come in and lost it stalled it :lol: :lol:

steve-o
22-09-03, 09:43 AM
I'd get them...

If I was 16, had just wanted F+F in the cinema and I wanted to look cooooooool. I'd also get myself neon waser jets cos they instantly make the car look wiiiiiicccckkkkkkeeeeeed too.

Hell why not get a sunstrip too? + some tacky still on quad headlight covers?

oooooo and some maxpower seat covers and harness pads on my seatbelts..

raaaaaah forgot the ultimate Peco Big Bore 4! wwwiiiiiiiiickkkkkkkkeeeeed :lol: :lol:

locky
22-09-03, 05:05 PM
The led light ommit more light, but ur able 2 c on the floor little dots from the led's!
Apparently the cheapo neons break easier than pricey ones!
U get a good guarantee with the led kits, and u can have different flash sequences, or just permanently on!

geordie_racer
22-09-03, 05:34 PM
i didnt go on saturday as bein banned from drivin takes the fun out of goin up n also i need to get the beast finished aswell lol. all my mates were up there did u see a gold 306 up there belongs to a lad called pav plate is R16 PAV sounds like a tank coz the exhausts blowing all over the place?

chris

linzTDI
23-09-03, 09:28 AM
nah sat in the car for half and hour then ran round once drooled over the yellow nova then went home as everyone else seemed to be as the rain was getting harder

nwmlarge
25-09-03, 10:34 AM
this thing about neons breaking all the ti,e is bollox i have had them on my last punto and they were fine including a couple of occasions when i forgot about them and did some silly big wheeel spins on gravel. i have never clipped them on a speed bump my car was lowered 35mm it never clipped on the 14's or 17's if it did it would have hit my side exits too.
i would say as long as you can't see the tubes fit them if you can take them off and find some where more descret to mount them.

i personally paid ?90 at donny show (doncaster) for 2x 48" and 2x 36" i didn't want them to flash because it looks gay. they now have a couple of cracks in the tubes from flying stones but it has had no detrimental effect on their operation.

just my 2 pence anyway

?Marty?
25-09-03, 06:15 PM
yeah, but yours were fitted INSIDE the car. :lol: