PDA

View Full Version : klokkerholm panels

mark.cowperthwaite
09-11-14, 09:44 AM
Hi, I'm new to the forum and hoping for some advise.

Recently bought an 89 gte to restore to standard spec, I have been trying to source panels, wings, rear quarters, front/back panels, rear inner wheel arches etc and have come across klokkerholm panels, has anyone any experience of these? Quality, fit etc? I have fitted after market panels before and know it normally takes a bit of messing to get them right just wondered if these were the same?

Cheers
mark:thumb:

Dave14
21-01-15, 10:33 AM
Mark,
We rally a 1.4 16V Nova, and have replaced the front wings a couple of times. These were bought from CarBodyPanels4U, who distribute 'Klokkerholm' panels. The bolt on front wings were pretty good, and fitted well. Last October we had an 'off' and damaged the front spoiler and both wings, but more importantly, the rear L/H quarter panel.
I took delivery of two wings, and the front panel assembly in October, but am still waiting for the rear quarter panel.
The wings are OK as before, but the front panel has some poor alignment to some of the welded sections - it will be OK but they have not taken much care with the assembly of it. The main worry is just how long before I get the rear panel - CarBodyPanels4U say they have placed an order for 50 pairs, in order to try and 'kick start' a production run, but I'm starting to get a bit worried. The car is driveable, as no mechanical damage was done, but there's no way we will present it with the bashed in rear side panel!

Novasport
21-01-15, 12:56 PM
New GM right hand rear quarter here if you need one.