PDA

View Full Version : flashing codes 14nz?

turbojolt
15-10-14, 05:05 PM
anyone have a guide on how to flash codes on a 14nz, or does anyone know what wire I need to attach to the choke light etc.....

cheers

Southie
15-10-14, 05:22 PM
anyone have a guide on how to flash codes on a 14nz, or does anyone know what wire I need to attach to the choke light etc.....

cheers
This should help:
http://www.topbuzz.co.uk/info/fault_codes/fault_codes.htm

turbojolt
15-10-14, 05:52 PM
cheers mate

turbojolt
15-10-14, 05:57 PM
all I need to know now is what colour wire feeds the back of the service light on corsas?

jimbob-mcgrew
15-10-14, 08:33 PM
not sure if its the same as others, but i think the brown/blue wire goes to the bulb, and you earth the brown/yellow wire to complete the check test.

may be different on yours tho, not 100%

turbojolt
15-10-14, 08:55 PM
cheers mate I will have a look tomorrow

turbojolt
18-10-14, 10:51 AM
For the life of me i cant find the block described in the topbuzz guide!!!

The only spare cables i can find near the dial cluster are a solid green and a blue and yellow....

The wiring on this thing is a fecking joke!!!!!

jimbob-mcgrew
18-10-14, 10:57 AM
was it/is it an spi as standard ?

ive seen them in most vauxhalls under the fuse box panel

if its been converted from carb or another model to this, you might not have one, and will have to go directly from the ecu

turbojolt
18-10-14, 12:12 PM
This was orignally a 1.2 carb engine. Any idea how to do the test straight from the ecu?

The engine is apprantly from a 1995 corsa b

jimbob-mcgrew
18-10-14, 12:26 PM
if its the same layout as im thinking of, from the spare wires you have sticking out the ecu, youll need to wire the brown/blue wire to a bulb. (a small sidelight / number plate light bulb will probably do, just to test, as pulling the dash out is more of a pain)

when the cars running, it should be permanently lit if theres any problems, but if not, you can run the check anyway, by earthing the brown/yellow wire to the body. (you could wire this to a switch for ease, or just ground it manually.

you can run the test with just the ignition on, or while its running.

jimbob-mcgrew
18-10-14, 12:33 PM
for a more permanent thing, the choke light bulb on the dash, is probably what i would wire it to