PDA

View Full Version : Recommended Suspension

novathere
14-10-14, 10:05 PM
Hi guys going to be upgrading my suspension soon, haven't had anything decent in awhile last set I had were some spax Rsx which I thought were great. Not interested in gaz gold as too much money and I just wouldn't get the use out of them. Car is mainly going to be used to on the road and occasional track day. I just want decent handling and something that will last.

thanks!

avo?
bilstein?

L14MNP
14-10-14, 10:15 PM
OEM?

Oh wait, I forgot these handle like a clown car, out of the box. lol

jimbob-mcgrew
14-10-14, 10:47 PM
ive heard alot of good things about bilstein B8's on a big variety of cars. there not cheap tho

totalnova
14-10-14, 11:04 PM
[QUOTE=novathere;2246828]Hi guys going to be upgrading my suspension soon, haven't had anything decent in awhile last set I had were some spax Rsx which I thought were great. Not interested in gaz gold as too much money and I just wouldn't get the use out of them. Car is mainly going to be used to on the road and occasional track day. I just want decent handling and something that will last.

thanks!

avo?
bilstein?[/QUOTE

I had the spax rsx kit before as well and have to agree with you, bloody good set up for the money.

Novasport
14-10-14, 11:22 PM
Bilstein yellows and Eibach springs

craig green
15-10-14, 06:39 AM
regular GAZ coilies. KONI adjustables. Best stuff I've had.

CorsaBBoomer
15-10-14, 07:35 AM
Installed H&R coilovers in the front and no regrets yet. Only not sure what to do with the back yet as I clearly have less weight on the axle than a normal Nova ;)

Johnny A
15-10-14, 11:15 AM
I am very happy with the Gaz GHA's which a full coilover kit is about £550. Also running Spax RSX on the rear of my XE Nova and it handles very well

Iain
15-10-14, 11:19 AM
GHAs perfectly adequate here also, good customer service for any modifications also.

novathere
15-10-14, 06:45 PM
Cheer for feedback guys, Im edging towards spax again or bilsteins but liking the sound of gaz gha's. Withthe rear fax coilovers would I need to turret the rear struts? I've heard some bolt straight on?

novathere
15-10-14, 07:01 PM
Also seen a bilstein b14 kit, anyone used or know about these kits? Coilovers on front shocks & springs on rear

Johnny A
15-10-14, 07:28 PM
yeah bolt straight on, in some cases the springs clip part of the inner wheel arch but thats nothing a hammer doesn't fix).

IMO though if you're going to put the entire rear weight of the car onto the shocker turrets then you should stitch weld them and also reinforce the shocker mounts on the beam.

staggy_gsi
15-10-14, 07:39 PM
Had spax rsx stuff on my gsi and it handled very well. Also had some bilsteins which were pretty good too. Dunno what model they were but they were the yellow fat piston type.

nova_stee
15-10-14, 07:48 PM
Had spax rsx coilovers twice now theyve always been great but they seam to bust the seals and leak alot

novathere
15-10-14, 07:50 PM
I've got to weld some small holes on the inner arches to might as well stitch weld the rear. Can't wait to get it on the road haven't driven it yet and I've had it 2 years! Kids.. House.. However not much more left!

scott.parker
15-10-14, 08:16 PM
I had spax and avo before, both brilliant, avo slightly better on the full coilovers etc, but obviously bilstines are really really good, but not adjustable in the same price range....

Pistol Pete
15-10-14, 09:21 PM
Gaz fitted to mine. Really rate them.