PDA

View Full Version : can it be done

mr sri
09-10-14, 11:37 PM
Hi guys bit of a dumb question but would a 1.4 16v from a corsa b complete with loom and ecu fit a 53plate corsa c which was a 1.2 16v as I've someone interested in buying my 1.4 16v which was planned for the nova cheers in advance

jimbob-mcgrew
09-10-14, 11:43 PM
the front engine mounts are different between the 2, but with a custom made mount, anythings possible

mr sri
09-10-14, 11:47 PM
Ah as its an old fella that lives round the corner from me heard I had a corsa engine and wanted to buy it for his C bit I wasn't sure as I wouldn't want to sell it to him if it didn't fit as I'm honest like that

jimbob-mcgrew
10-10-14, 07:42 AM
good man - honesty before a quick buck :thumb: +rep

thinking about it, the corsa c came with a 1.8 engine that might use the right mount. ill try find some info for you

mr sri
10-10-14, 08:03 AM
good man - honesty before a quick buck :thumb: +re

thinking about it, the corsa c came with a 1.8 engine that might use the right mount. ill try find some info for you

Thanks very much and any help would be greatly appreciated :-) cheers jimbob

jimbob-mcgrew
10-10-14, 08:27 AM
i wish i knew more about these C's, im not the best person to comment.

from what i can tell :
the 1.0 and 1.2 16v's use an engine mount thats in the centre of the wing, and bolts to the side of the engine.
the 1.4 16v and 1.6 16v use mounts that are at the front and back of the wing, and bolt to the front and rear of the engine.

i think the chassis are different between the 1.2 and 1.6 models, which would make upgrading or downgrading, not so easy.

i did read somewhere that the diesel models, mount layout is more compatible with this sorta thing, and bigger 2.0 transplants.

also, alot of people have apparently run into wiring loom issues with the corsa C's.

doesnt sound like its a good idea to me personally, i think your mate round the corner might struggle.

mr sri
10-10-14, 08:39 AM
As we've said honesty is the best way forward as I know I wouldn't like to buy an engine and be told yea it'll fit for definite only to find out that there was never a hope in he'll of it fitting in :-)

Andy
10-10-14, 09:07 AM
What a guy.
Nice to read stuff like this.

staggy_gsi
13-10-14, 08:45 PM
For the effort involved, I think fitting a 1.4 corsa B engine is a bit of a chew on.

mr sri
13-10-14, 09:37 PM
What a guy.
Nice to read stuff like this.

Cheers Andy to me it's all about honesty as I wouldn't want to pull an engine out and replace it with one that "should" fit to find out I've been done with one that would never do, cheers for the help guys :thumb: