PDA

View Full Version : Rear ARB

ABoresta
06-10-14, 01:14 PM
Hi all,

im looking for a rear anti roll bar for my noval saloon, I know that the cav one fits but they are a bit pricey now!

I was wondering if someone could give me some rough measurements of hole centres etc as I have found a few similar bars but want to check sizes before I purchase anything.

Thanks in advance

Alex

Iain
06-10-14, 01:21 PM
Looking in the wrong place if Cav ones are pricey, I can run a tape measure over the end of my Cav ARB but it basically ends at the corners/end edges of the axle.

millworm
06-10-14, 01:26 PM
Do recall somone using an mg one

ABoresta
06-10-14, 02:00 PM
The main problem im having is the breakers near me are all rubbish so its just what I can find online :(

millworm
06-10-14, 02:38 PM
http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?185728-HOW-TO-Fit-a-secondary-rear-ARB-on-a-Nova-beam/page4

Balley
06-10-14, 05:31 PM
The cavalier one fits if you make it fit, I had one on my Loon, worked well.

BRoadGhost
06-10-14, 07:44 PM
Take the beam off & weld it up; similar sort of effect.

ben doodar
06-10-14, 08:25 PM
Take the beam off & weld it up; similar sort of effect.

What do u mean by this? Weld the seems on the axel?

Dan Stanley
06-10-14, 09:08 PM
MGF front ARB, picked one up off a guy breaking a car from eBay for £10-20 (cant remember exactly). Lopped the ends off and fitted it as per the guide in the articles. Drilling through it for a couple of fixing bolts was a 'mare though, would probaly use clamps/brackets next time intead

Johnny A
06-10-14, 09:29 PM
What do u mean by this? Weld the seems on the axel?

Basically the rear axle twists when rolling on corners, by fitting a rear arb you add more metal so it requires more force to twist (thus reducing roll). By welding more metal to the central beam it would have a similar effect to adding an ARB.

Andy
06-10-14, 09:40 PM
boxing it off would have similar effect too

ABoresta
07-10-14, 09:31 AM
I was planning on welding in some strengthening plates when I fit the ARB as I did with the lower arms :) I found a Scimitar ARB for a good price in the pics it looks similar but I just need to check sizes before I buy it...

steg1970
09-10-14, 11:39 AM
This might put a Cat amongst the Pidgeons, I was at a well respected Nova Motor Sport preperation business last week for advice, while there I was looking at a high spec rally car when I noticed that it had no rear anti roll bar. I asked as to why this was and they said they never fit them to gravel or tarmac cars, if you have good springs and damper set up you let them do the work and not an anti roll bar.

I am thinking of taking the rear ARB off my rally car to try it, currently running the GTE/GSi type as stated in the Nova build manual.