PDA

View Full Version : anyone working at BMW or a good motorfactors please

Stuart
01-10-14, 04:10 PM
I've got a 2006 5dr 120D (I dont know what E number it is, thats just ghey lol) and one of its angel eye/halo/ring bulbs has failed. I took the light fitting out and its got a bayonet fitting bulb there but I cant find them for sale anywhere!! Even realOEM and other places dont list an actual bulb type for it, its a 12V 9W little bayonet type thing with NON offset pins (halfords sell similar but with offset pins and the wrong wattage)

The BMW forums all claim they are H8 bulbs "now" but the lowest I can find without going LED is 35W.... I dont fancy risking that unless I have to.
I currently dont have time to get to a dealer or good factor unless I can ensure they have what I need but I need to ask for the right thing lol.

I'm sure there are some BMW folks here and failing that Bennnnnnn and spud atleast seem to be in good factors lol

ben doodar
01-10-14, 04:50 PM
It'll be a ring rb434 or rb435 can't remember which ones which regarding pin lay out. I think yours is a 435.

Thats sad isn't it. I work in an auto factors but I'm off today so can't check for you mate. The type you have is the less common of the two.

turbojolt
01-10-14, 04:55 PM
I hope when you find one it fits in your purse.....1 series pffffthhhhhh

Stuart
01-10-14, 05:04 PM
I hope when you find one it fits in your purse.....1 series pffffthhhhhh

Its all manly..... erm no, no it isnt lol never mind

Ben, you sad sad man, but thank you :)

ben doodar
01-10-14, 05:35 PM
Ha ha cheers stu. Pretty much know every part number for bulbs these days lol + it might help you find 1 searching for r434 rather than rb434.

mowgli
01-10-14, 05:48 PM
stu, any chance of a pic of the bulb holder with dimensions.

the h8 looks a strange thing, and at 35w is a bit severe for a sidelight/daylight running light bulb

Stuart
01-10-14, 06:06 PM
I'll get a piccy later. 35w does seem high, but the morons on the 1 series forums seem to touch themselves over the idea lol

Benn
01-10-14, 06:44 PM
Ben it's not sad! Mainly cause i thought it was something like that too.. hahahaha Found one a few weeks ago for someone...

ben doodar
01-10-14, 08:07 PM
Ben it's not sad! Mainly cause i thought it was something like that too.. hahahaha Found one a few weeks ago for someone...

I suppose when it's part of your job and you deal with these things day in day out you get to know part numbers etc.

Stuart
01-10-14, 08:58 PM
Got the bulb out. Its a Philips 12082 12v 10w bulb

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f86/S9KSY/parkinglightbulb.jpg

In

Ffs
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f86/S9KSY/P1020588.jpg

mowgli
01-10-14, 09:15 PM
so its a ba9s fitment. you should be able to get a 5w one to cover the legalities.

Stuart
01-10-14, 09:35 PM
See, now why don't the idiots on the many bmw forums not know this..... Spunk mittens lol although the bmw manuals don't say what they are either lol

cheers mike

Andy
01-10-14, 10:48 PM
because they probably run 5,000,000,000 watt Hiv's no doubt.
the manuals want you to go to maindealer,who will ask you to assume the position lol

mowgli
02-10-14, 06:37 PM
i had to visit our local bmw dealer a couple of years ago to pick up some parts... the place appeared to be the foyer of a very large hotel, people were dropping off their cars at a remarkable rate, and climbing into their courtesy ones and i was alarmed at the amount of money that must be getting paid out for all this.. then i asked the nice young woman how to get to the parts dept.... then set off on a long and arduous trek to find it, round the back where the school leavers were servicing the expensive cars for about £3.50 per hour....
i suppose you can't help but admire their ability to sell people a lifestyle choice that makes them so much money...

ps. i take great delight in telling bmw diesel car drivers that their engine was built by brummies in a shed near the NEC

Stuart
02-10-14, 08:22 PM
Yep, manky rover derv ftw

Stuart
04-10-14, 01:24 PM
Bulbs got, 20w replacements but no shouting and whining from the dash so happy days