PDA

View Full Version : 1.6 16v throttle bodie help

novatracker
29-09-14, 08:30 PM
im planing to use cbr600 throttle bodies witch are 45 tapered down to 40mm that matches my sbd intake manifold and was wondering if they will be ok for good power and the cheapish way of getting to get it to run and what type of management i will need on the cheap :thumb:

can the standard ecu be remapped or is it a must to go standalone??

philip
29-09-14, 08:36 PM
Standalone.....dta, omex, emerald, mbe etc. Cheaper option May be bike carbs and megajolt too sort tje timing out. Done it a few years ago with my old c16xe. Went well tbh but was far from std.

_Tomiboy
30-09-14, 07:45 AM
With the standard ecu you will have problems, the MAP sensort works not so good togeather wit the ITB-s. Between 30-70% throttle position the sign of the map very bad. Some people makes a a reservoir can, on there goes all the 4 vacuum pipes in, and goes from that to the MAP sensor. Sometimes it works.
http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/2853/dsc00244by8.jpg

jeremy fisher
30-09-14, 12:52 PM
I use R6 bodies, 40mm I think. Ran with megasquirt. Works well but a lot of effort and costs you might not initially think of. Still probably a lot cheaper than bolt on bodies and bought ecu though. Construct and map the ecu yourself for cheapness but be careful. Goes well in a Nova.... well it did... and will again!

Stuart
30-09-14, 02:07 PM
can probably get a DTA 48EXP thing on ebay for about the same as faffing about with megasquirt.

novatracker
04-10-14, 09:10 PM
i seen on my bodies to day they all have a vac pipe after the butterflys then go to a collector then to the bikes map sensor could i not be able to plug it in to the vauxhall map sensor and make a braket for throttle pot?

i would love to get some mbe or omex for all the other functions but just trying to work to a budget as such