PDA

View Full Version : cam drive on 8v dizzys

turbojolt
27-09-14, 12:47 PM
Can you buy these? Dont know the propper name for it :/

Its the bit that connects the dizzy to the cam. Ive gone through 3 already and i cant find anymore in the scrap yard :roll:

Cheers

millworm
27-09-14, 01:54 PM
How are you breaking them :s

jimbob-mcgrew
27-09-14, 02:31 PM
im amazed youve managed to change so many.

i gave up taking mine apart several days back, as i would have cracked the drive end in 2 pieces before the pin came out.

something fishy must be going at the camshaft end ? to keep busting the dizzy drives.
is the dizzy still in one piece after breaking 3 times ?

turbojolt
27-09-14, 02:51 PM
The first one was broke when i got the car. the only reason i can think of tgat the second one broke from was the dizzy not sitting right on the engine (anyone got a clear photo of hiw they should sit?) and i broke the third in half trying to knock the pin out of a diffrent broken dizzy

if i cant find one im tempted to just buy a brand new dizzy

jimbob-mcgrew
27-09-14, 04:36 PM
is it the slot or pin type on your spi ?

have you checked the end of the camshaft side for any movement or damage or what not ?

is there alot of play in the dizzy drive ?

jimbob-mcgrew
27-09-14, 04:37 PM
one other thing - if your running a slot type, and there's a ball bearing in the end of the camshaft, that might be your problem

turbojolt
27-09-14, 04:44 PM
Its the pin typeand yes ive checked the cam fir damage or anything blocking the drive holes but it all seens ok...its really throwing me..seems as this is the last issue holding me up from driving it im starting to loose my rag with the car

conza123
27-09-14, 07:31 PM
Sounds like the centre metal pin is to long and needs filling down a bit so the dizzy goes all the way Into the cam, and I bit of lube round the dizzy seal helps get it in :)

turbojolt
27-09-14, 08:18 PM
I think your right. but why the hell is the center pin to long! If its the orignal part :/

conza123
27-09-14, 08:23 PM
I had problem with the new dizzy I had, maybe differnt cam etc :/