PDA

View Full Version : Let brake servo and master cylinder

Rob H
23-09-14, 05:02 PM
Hi guys, what servo and master cylinder options are/do people use for c20let nova's? My girlfriend wants to start driving it next summer and she really struggles and has no confidence with the none assisted brakes. They stop the car well but you do really have to stand on them.

Cheers.
Rob

craig green
23-09-14, 05:09 PM
All Nova brakes are servo assisted unless you have a rally car with a bias box fitted.

Without doing some fabrication work the only options for servo's/master cylinders are the ones fitted as std. The GTE/GSi & TD had a slightly bigger servo than regular Novas but it makes next to no difference. They all have 20mm bore master cylinders which is a little small when upgraded brakes are fitted. cavs & Astras etc used a 22mm bore MC. However these do not fit onto Nova servos & Cav/Astra servos do not directly bolt onto a Nova pedal assembly hence the custom work required to run these.
A Nova running decent upgraded V6/16v brakes should stop well enough for road use.

Rob H
23-09-14, 06:45 PM
Yeah I have a bias box setup and a hydraulic handbrake atm. It's not going to be used on track anymore jusy fast road. I was mainly just wondering if there was a better option over the standard nova setup since I'm swapping it out anyway. Might go down the fabrication route as I have my old 172 cup servo and master sat here that I could probably make work, otherwise ill need to buy the nova stuff.

scott.parker
23-09-14, 06:52 PM
There is the Corsa pedal mod you can do, a few who have track cars have done it, you get rid of the brake bar and use the Corsa setup with extended pedal for a direct feel, I've actually got a Corsa pedal setup for sale..
Iainel on here has done a good conversion of it showing how to do it, or there might be a guide in how to section.

Rob H
24-09-14, 01:30 PM
how much you after bu and what's included?

Cheers

craig green
25-09-14, 06:26 PM
I did the Corsa servo mod. People have also fitted the a bigger Servo/MC from 2.0 Astra/Cav to the std Nova arrangement. Bit of fab required either way.
I guess you will be re-fitting the cable operated handbrake for road use (legal issues)?

scott.parker
25-09-14, 06:33 PM
It's the full assembly and mountain plate and pedal, but as Craig said requires a bit of work to fit etc..

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/09/25/df6194b8b632af0751a12bee31c22f0e.jpg

It's £40 collection.

scott.parker
25-09-14, 06:33 PM
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/09/25/8a0d64579eff66f2cddb80dac9c67ae2.jpg