PDA

View Full Version : Britains worst driver

linzTDI
15-09-03, 09:25 AM
any one watch it yesterday!!!!!!!!

There was a young lad with his nova who has been nominated he calls it pinky and it was a well nice nova!!!!!!!
He had spend 15k on it and had his mam in it with the harness on while he was racing people on public roads lol

Aamir
15-09-03, 12:13 PM
Didn't see it, but there's a pic of Quentin Wilson blowing it up
in a new car mag, Revs or something....

Fancy that after spending ?15k on it

wisewood
15-09-03, 12:25 PM
There was a young lad with his nova who has been nominated he calls it pinky and it was a well nice nova!!!!!!!
He had spend 15k on it and had his mam in it with the harness on while he was racing people on public roads lol

lmfao - thats Daz - my dad sent me an email about it.
One of Kev's mates - last time i went over to see kev he drove me round there to see it.

Sound system is mental - and its rather fast too (although not very quick for a 2.0 16v so i am told)

Daz took me fora spin in the thing and its just fookin nuts - as was the driver - not surprising that he has 11 points on his licence. Not a particularly bad driver though - just drives a very fast car - errr... very fast.

linzTDI
15-09-03, 12:58 PM
i fell in love with his car like straight away, they were showing oyu him doing street racing too lol

wisewood
15-09-03, 01:29 PM
http://www.novaload.net/gallery/albums/Events/Doncaster_2002/digi_0391.jpg

Thats it on the left on the novaload stand at donny 2002.

linzTDI
15-09-03, 01:30 PM
thats the one!!!! i love it

wisewood
15-09-03, 01:32 PM
different now though - done a massive install completely different to what you see there - and i do believe he has changed the bumpers.

linzTDI
15-09-03, 01:35 PM
well it was the same bumpers on the program as that i think abyss rear and not sure the front but it was a beasty

wisewood
15-09-03, 01:43 PM
he had a kingdom on it before - but swapped for a rj automotive one i think. not sure if he did it - was saying he was ordering one when i was over there.

dave.gsi
15-09-03, 02:38 PM
it was a nice car and it did look pretty fast.

pitty he blew it up for ten grand lol :2gunfire:

Tilly
15-09-03, 03:30 PM
i just dribbled on my keyboard

wisewood
15-09-03, 03:51 PM
Tilly I warned you about that pic of me beside your monitor didnt i :lol:

tis a lovely car in person. Tilly you'd love it.

MC
18-09-03, 11:51 AM
For some reason I was laughed at by my work colleagues when I mentioned that I knew him.

Its a great sorce of amusement for them that I'm a Nova enthusiast. :lol:

MC

linzTDI
18-09-03, 11:52 AM
lol :lol:

Poor you

wisewood
18-09-03, 12:09 PM
For some reason I was laughed at by my work colleagues when I mentioned that I knew him.

Its a great sorce of amusement for them that I'm a Nova enthusiast. :lol:

MC

well you ahve a sensible job dont you lol.

jkhilton
18-09-03, 12:43 PM
I think its the general view of people that say they like novas. I always get grief when I say I used to own a nova and wouldn't mind another.

Gobby
18-09-03, 12:49 PM
I get the piss taken for liking nova's and actually wanting to spend time and money on them. Tell them all to feck off. It's a hobby, I like the cars, and mainly cos my first Nova is the only car I've had that never once let me down. When the timing belt went, it never even bent a valve. Most reliable little car I've had. Gimme a vauxhall any day

Jack
18-09-03, 01:00 PM
lol people look at me funny when i said i was selling my car to buy another nova (i.e. have two of them lol)

wisewood
18-09-03, 02:31 PM
i've had three - the missus has one and my mates think i am fookin nuts co i am after a fourth for myself.

they dont understand why after stepping forward to own an N reg car i would wanna go backwards again lol. But hey - my D reg nova had less problems than my N reg clio - and thats only had 1!

MC
18-09-03, 02:48 PM
I get the same response at home.

Whilst having CP's car at my place, the wife would practically sneer at it every time she walked past it. I swear she tried to tried to pass it off as a wheelie bin when her friends visited. (She's a VW snob).

I'm a driving purist and see a Nova for what it is, simple no frills, nimble fast and lightweight. Best performance/pound you can get.

Unfortuanately alot of people don't see it this way.

MC

wisewood
18-09-03, 02:53 PM
thing i like is the way people look at all nova's as just a small car thats been "done up a bit"...

They dont think that you can increase th performance of something was basically designed for grandma n grandpa to go to the shops in to the extent that you can. However i believe that vauxhall planned this sort of thing all along - why else would the engine bay be so damn big that you can squeeze a v6 into it?

CP
20-09-03, 12:04 AM
Lol! UK's worst driver is a Nova driver? oh dear :lol:

Thats a suprise then :lol: Same old cliche's

Well luv em or hate em at least people dont accuse them of being boring.