View Full Version : bloody theives

gavman462
15-09-03, 04:23 AM
just had my car broken in to for the second time, this time they popped the lock on the drivers door (did the passenger side last time), the b*stards got all my ice :evil: i dont really wanna delock my car but am i left with another option? are there better locks that i could get or is the safest bet to delock the car and get a remote central locking kit? is this expensive?

cheers for ya help

DazK
15-09-03, 05:37 AM
gutted mate :(

cvnts had a go at mine not so long ago :evil:

d-locking is ur best option, but if u really wanna keep the locks check out this http://www.speeding.co.uk/acatalog/www_speeding_co_uk_Solex__Door_Locks_103.html , apparently there very good :!:

Mark
15-09-03, 07:42 AM
Aye, Solex locks are good, BUT lets be honest if your going to leave ice in plane view in a car if they can't get in easily with the lock they'll break your windows and nick yer stuff............

Ste_Nova
15-09-03, 09:20 AM
where was the car parked?

paulwar
15-09-03, 12:12 PM
Talking of break in's

bro had his car nicked the other week it was the tues after bank hols.
the worst thing is they went into the office he worked in went in his draw and took the car keys

the cunts had

4 6by9s
tv
dvd player
2 amps
sub
bro's passport
ally tax disc holder + tax

but they left
work keys

gavman462
15-09-03, 02:43 PM
i didnt have my ice on show as ive got a stealth shelf and ever thing is in the boot.
the car was parked on my drive.

Ste_Nova
15-09-03, 03:12 PM
alarm? camera?

Mark
15-09-03, 04:10 PM
i didnt have my ice on show as ive got a stealth shelf and ever thing is in the boot.
the car was parked on my drive.

Sounds like someone's been watching your car, or worse still know's you.... :(

wisewood
15-09-03, 04:16 PM
its a dead give away that someone has ice when you sit in a pub or something and see it drive past into an estate and there is music booming out of it. all they have to do then is drive through and find your car and get into it and bingo - your ice is gone.

happens so many times - wish people would buy security before they buy ice.

burgo
15-09-03, 04:25 PM
as wisey sed securirity b4 ice is the best way to stop em and delocking and central locking is about ?50 if u do it yaself and the winda film that u can get i think is a gd idea

jkhilton
15-09-03, 04:53 PM
I used to turn my stereo off about a mile or 2 before I got home, but my nova was still done over 2 or 3 times right outside my house, usually when I had gone on a night out. So much for neighbourhood watch, nobody ever checked outside when car alarms were going off. I had one and it went off every time, but still no one checked!!!! :evil: :roll: I would just come back form a club or something and find broken glass next to my car and the boot open!!! :(

I gave up with stereos after a while in my old SR.

dave.gsi
15-09-03, 10:16 PM
even if its all hidden away in staelth shelves and the like, the chances are a modified car will have a stereo system worth nicking so a thief will break in and take a look. 90% of the time theres something worth nicking.

what you need to do is make sure that everything is seriously bolted down so it'll take them ten minutes with a screw driver to nick your stuff

mowgli
15-09-03, 10:25 PM
if you don't want to de-lock then get a friendly sheet metalworker to make up some plates to fit in behind the door/boot skins. Ford used to have real trouble with breakins, and they did this on the production line.
maybe fitting dead-bolts would work, but some git stanley knifed the screen out of my car one night, thankfully he only wanted to nick the screen....I think the best way to prevent theft of ice is to spend money on odd size fixings, and use different sizes on each piece of kit, even get left hand thread screws. This would slow them down a lot, and an ear splitting alarm would help.

paulwar
16-09-03, 09:24 AM
yer its all right going to the lengths of this

but what happens when they have the key
bro's alfa is key coded and arlarmed

with the keys there is fuck all you can do

and you don't expect someone to walk into the office nick the keys from your desk draw and drive with it do you????

Will
16-09-03, 10:09 AM
what size office does ur bro work in?

it must be sum1 that knows him

why didnt he keep the keys on him or lock the draw and keep the draw lock key.

no offence but thats really his own doing isnt it? Dont get me wrong car crime is fuking shit but if u dont protect ur car in simple ways its easy for people to steal.

perhaps ur bro shud look around his office to find the person that has all his stuff ........

wisewood
16-09-03, 10:56 AM
or look in the car park and see who is coming to work in his car :o

paulwar
16-09-03, 01:11 PM
he works for a turfing company

so its a portercabin

there was a man in there all day running the office

he didn't once leave it when there was a customer and the only person he can think of is someone he has never seen before.

and he didnt notice the keys have gone it was only when bro come back and said to him wheres my car as he thought they moved it for a joke like.
he does leave the keys there because of where its parked they sometimes need to move it to get the delivery lorrys in.

but then when there in a draw you dont expect someone to wonder into your office and nick ya car keys do you

wisewood
16-09-03, 01:30 PM
well no thats true you dont - but i take it its not a mistake he will be making again!

paulwar
16-09-03, 01:37 PM
no they will stay on him he will park the car in the yard there will be spare somewhere in the yard and he is having a tracker fitted i belive

all they took was the ice install
and can't get the **** to start now

pritty sure they keys we have the keycode is fucked

as the keycode light stays on the dash
its gone to a eletrics place today hope to fix it