PDA

View Full Version : Indicator issue

Scottcooper85
18-09-14, 06:19 PM
So another problem lol

my indicators were working fine, obviously it doesn't get much use on the drive though. Pulled it out today gave it a quick wash and took it for a cheeky spin around the block and 2 indicators are playing up.
its the drivers wing and back ones front seems okay as does all passenger.

bulbs are okay
fuse okay
relay clicks
tried another hazard switch

is there anything else it could be?

meritlover
18-09-14, 06:38 PM
Wires?

Scottcooper85
18-09-14, 06:43 PM
That's what I was thinking but seems strange to just randomly happen and only to the side and rear and not the front one. Maybe they share a common wire

Benn
18-09-14, 07:10 PM
When you say playing up... What are they doing?

Scottcooper85
18-09-14, 07:54 PM
Nothing lol

on normal indicator the front flashes fast on it's own and on hazard the front and n/s ones flash at normal speed.

could a duff relay cause certain ones not to work or is there something these 2 share in common

meritlover
18-09-14, 08:09 PM
Earth points.

Scottcooper85
18-09-14, 08:20 PM
Normally if it's earth it stays on constant and all the other lights go dodgy... I'm baffled lol

think I'm going to try a different relay and if not start chasing wires back

meritlover
18-09-14, 08:39 PM
Normally if it's earth it stays on constant and all the other lights go dodgy..

No. How would a lamp stay on if it had no earth?

Scottcooper85
18-09-14, 08:44 PM
No. How would a lamp stay on if it had no earth?

Something to look for then maybe the earth near the back light

conza123
18-09-14, 08:44 PM
When u say bulbs are ok have u tried new one in there just in case?

Scottcooper85
18-09-14, 08:58 PM
Not yet mate but both filament look okay and it seems strange they've gone at the exact same time, will try the passenger ones to fully eliminate it though.

Maddukeman
18-09-14, 09:22 PM
Have u got earth from gearbox to chassis leg, I didn't on mine and was doing same thing and indicators wouldn't flash when locked, was causing allsorts of trouble before I got some good info from some members :)

conza123
18-09-14, 09:30 PM
Not yet mate but both filament look okay and it seems strange they've gone at the exact same time, will try the passenger ones to fully eliminate it though.
Filament mite look alright but had it few times while at work when the bulb looks perfect but it's a actwally blown

Scottcooper85
18-09-14, 09:33 PM
Will have to have a proper check round tomorrow or sat. Pissed off though it's off for paint in 8 days and thought it was ready to go lol

Scottcooper85
18-09-14, 09:38 PM
Have u got earth from gearbox to chassis leg, I didn't on mine and was doing same thing and indicators wouldn't flash when locked, was causing allsorts of trouble before I got some good info from some members :)

Not sure tbh, bring yours and show me then fix mine lol

meritlover
19-09-14, 07:31 AM
Something to look for then maybe the earth near the back light
ye could be.

Scottcooper85
20-09-14, 11:40 AM
Filament mite look alright but had it few times while at work when the bulb looks perfect but it's a actwally blown

Pat on the back for you mate. Both bulbs has blown at the same time and both looked in good condition. Changed them and it's sorted it... For now lol