PDA

View Full Version : C20XE Oil Catch Tank

ABoresta
11-09-14, 01:27 PM
Hi all,

I was just wondering if anyone could give a bit of advice on fitting an oil catch tank on my C20XE?

I am going to start doing some track days and heard with hard cornering there a good idea?

Also any diagrams or clear description how to fit because all iv seen with a quick tinternet search say different things.

Thanks

Iain
11-09-14, 01:48 PM
I think as long as you do the rocker cover mod (remove most of the metal plate bolted in there) you won't get any cornering issues.

However I fitted an oil catch tank to mine, just took the large breather on the rockver out to the tank and pretty sure I left the smaller one attached to the inlet.

philip
11-09-14, 01:49 PM
Signals **** in wrk but have a look on sbd website in the instruction sheets. Should show diagram for you.

GDN16v
11-09-14, 02:16 PM
Breather mod - http://www.sbdev.co.uk/Info_sheets/Oil_systems/VX%202L%20SBD%20Cam%20cover%20breathing%20modifica tion.pdf

Take both the rocker cover breathers to a catch tank if need be then block of the hole to the inlet.. Make sure the catch tank is below the level that the pipes come out the top of the engine.

Iain
11-09-14, 02:34 PM
Make sure the catch tank is below the level that the pipes come out the top of the engine.

I would have said higher than, so it doesn't just drain off from the engine.

ABoresta
11-09-14, 05:29 PM
thanks for the quick and helpful replies everyone :) look forward to getting on the track at last

Southie
11-09-14, 07:51 PM
Also to help just a few members catch tanks in situ here:
http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?177439-Pictures-of-oil-catch-tanks-in-nova-engine-bay-wanted

cossienova
15-09-14, 07:25 PM
Just about to post this up myself as I'm after a catch tank for my nova ready for the xe. Does anyone have any pics of the bailey tank and outlet sizes? As I'm going to get one made.

ABoresta
16-09-14, 02:36 PM
How much can you get them for cossienova?

cossienova
16-09-14, 07:24 PM
Not sure how much yet think it will be around £80 he said but I need one to copy or some dimensions off one. The bailey ones are the best in my opinion as they are made to fit a nova. I do have a bailey header tank that I could give him to copy too just he has to use the dimension to make a catch tank for the opposite side of engine bay.

ABoresta
18-09-14, 08:07 AM
Could you let me know please as I would be interested in a header tank and possibly a catch tank :) thanks