PDA

View Full Version : Big block bottom pulley issues

tommy8252
08-09-14, 08:29 PM
Right then all you big blockers, anyone had clearance issues with your bottom pulleys and the chassis leg?

I've got a billet single v bottom pulley that catches the chassis leg leading me to believe the engine is too far over to the right.

Just wondering whether it could be down to the pulley before I start trying to space the engine over to the left or 'making room' for the pulley.

If anyone's got any good pictures of the clearance on their conversions that would be ace.

Andy
08-09-14, 08:35 PM
If anyone's got any good pictures of the clear encephalitis on their conversions that would be ace.
You want pictures of peoples brain illnesses??

tommy8252
08-09-14, 08:44 PM
Now edited, auto spell is a ****. lol

Andy
08-09-14, 08:49 PM
lol
Do you have the spacers in the rear box mount to shift it over 25mm?

tommy8252
08-09-14, 08:55 PM
No rear box mount spacer :(

Didn't realise that moved it over just thought that effected the forward/backward angle.

The start of dealing with other people's stuff I suppose.

Andy
08-09-14, 08:55 PM
Theres your fix.

tommy8252
08-09-14, 09:02 PM
Cheers Andy, repped

Andy
08-09-14, 09:09 PM
No problem mate.

dgbnova#1
10-09-14, 01:57 AM
Is it a bigger spacer on an f28 ? It's normally a 10mm spacer ?
Tommy slacken all mounts from the body and wedge it over and re tighten them just had this on the Astra need to add the spacer on the back when it's out the bodyshop I've got blank spacers here just need drilling and painting if you need

the pully looked find to me btw so defo position problem

Johnny A
10-09-14, 10:13 AM
I made a gap in my chassis leg for my single-V billet underdrive pulley Tom, but it was because I needed the engine over as far as possible for the F23 to fit. It might be worth bearing in mind that I have seen bigblock conversions where the end plate of the gearbox is poking through the N/S inner arch so much they it gets rubbed to hell when the N/S wheel is on right hand lock; so having the engine over as much as poss isn't always a bad thing.