PDA

View Full Version : Door Removal.

wwinstanley
03-09-14, 07:15 AM
Ok, so after struggling like hell every single time i try this job I need some advice.
I eventually resorted to cutting the hinges off (was my bent rally shell so no biggy)

I hear part of the boot strut is a perfect implement but due to the shape of the doors its either a struggle to get it in without it getting stuck or thepin cant come all the way out.

Which way should they go in/come out

ie, top hinge out downwards bottom hinge out upwards?????

Il have to put the doors back on my new shell and i dont want to ruin all the new paintwork in the progress.

Thanks

Southie
03-09-14, 07:49 AM
It's the bonnet stay you need, this thread should help you from the articles section off here:
CLICKYME (http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?140696-*HOW-TO*-remove-doors)

dgbnova#1
03-09-14, 11:49 AM
Not looked at the above but you use a bonet stay chop it to about 8" long and it's bottom hinge pin up top hinge pin down

for the record it's far easyer to remove them when fitted to the car

use a grinder and remove the bits of door hinge that belong to the car soak what's left behind with wd40 or similar then you can tap the pin itself so far down/up
also like this^ you can clamp the pin itself with mole grips making it smaller as it's got a slice down the full length but it would try in the new shell before you paint them make sure you not bent the hinges

when you re edit the doors get pins from/for a cav or calibra there far easyer to remove in the future as the have a flared end and are longer

mowgli
04-09-14, 08:30 PM
FFS

door pins wear, they cause the door to sag.

simply get the door lifted up at the open end..

put a rag on a jack & slowly lift it till you get the door lifted so the pins move when you hit them with a suitable drift.

heat will work too, as the various bits expand & contract enough to get any rust loosened