PDA

View Full Version : Just over 2 weeks to go

bazzap8389
02-09-14, 06:54 PM
Not long until the referendum now, what's everyone's views?

discuss.

Shamish82
03-09-14, 12:32 PM
exhausted, confused and very much on the fence at the moment. trying to work out what s****y end of the stick will be better.:confused:

Rab
03-09-14, 12:48 PM
Been yes since day 1

Andy
03-09-14, 12:50 PM
Socially,youre independent anyway,you hate England and its people so that side wont change owt lol
As long as it doesn't affect ME financially,i honestly couldn't care any less lol

Rab
03-09-14, 12:56 PM
I don't hate english people at all, I hate Westminster and the unelected House of Lords. Plus we elected one Tory mp yet we're being governed by them.

bazil
03-09-14, 01:24 PM
Any yes member i talk to has the same opinion as me,all want independent rule away from Westminster, its a shame we have to leave the uk to get it.

Might need a passport for billing 2016 lol

dgbnova#1
03-09-14, 01:41 PM
YOU MAY TAKE OUR NOVAS!!!!!

BUT YOU WILL NEVER TAKE NO MORE OF OUR MONEYYYYYYYYYYYYyyyyyyyyyyyyy

lol lol lol

Makes no difference to me obovs unless there is boarder control as seem to spend my free time driveing around up there more than anywhere else

Southie
03-09-14, 02:26 PM
I'm off on a long break to Stornoway at the end of the month, will be nice to say I'm going abroad lol

bazil
03-09-14, 02:37 PM
Ah Stornoway, spent 5 months up there, only ever seen the pub lol

Southie
03-09-14, 02:52 PM
Ah Stornoway, spent 5 months up there, only ever seen the pub lol
Thank fook they've a pub lol

bazil
03-09-14, 02:57 PM
By the way the sabbath is still observed up there, absolutely fcuk all to do on a sunday lol

Stuart
03-09-14, 03:01 PM
If they want to go, then sod off and stop the tediousness of it all lol

I wonder how much unrest there will be inside scotland when its over as I'm sure its going to be a very very close run thing (60/40 or closer) as the non winners lothe the winners and the situation they get.

It does all smack a bit of "ohh anti tories" from many people I've heard from, but if they Tories were soooo mean, they wouldnt have let the vote happen at all.

Rab
03-09-14, 03:15 PM
Of course we're anti Tories. She who shall not be named shafted us. And they had no choice but to allow a referendum as the majority of people voted snp and that was one of their main policies. As for sabbath on a Sunday, think they should make that compulsory cause Sunday shifts are gash! lol

Stuart
03-09-14, 03:26 PM
ahhh that ole classic, "its maggies fault"

ps, please take everywhere above northampton with you lol

Rab
03-09-14, 03:30 PM
Well whether it's a cliche on not, it's fact! And bash on! Northerners are basically us with a different accent lol

Stuart
03-09-14, 03:31 PM
exactly, they are wronguns too lol

Southie
03-09-14, 03:33 PM
The main thing i'll notice straight away is the new flag we'll have in the UK:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-OqWiIhqq47s/TyBTtbekP8I/AAAAAAAAAXo/lfeI9T4lclQ/s1600/jack+wo+scotland.jpg

Shamish82
03-09-14, 04:14 PM
Baz you knew what would happen with thread, you trying wake this place up Lmao

Andy
03-09-14, 04:54 PM
It does all smack a bit of "ohh anti tories" from many people I've heard from, but if they Tories were soooo mean, they wouldnt have let the vote happen at all.
Its true.They care nothing for north of the m25.

bazzap8389
03-09-14, 05:10 PM
Baz you knew what would happen with thread, you trying wake this place up Lmao
Haha yeah we need to get people talking a bit more. As already said it's Westminster everyone wants away from. Why should be be governed by a party we didn't vote for. Doesn't seem like a democracy in that aspect really.

Andy
03-09-14, 05:20 PM
I never voted for the cunnts either.Theyre anti north,anti working class.
They've historically done nowt but bollox this country up.
Shutting all the mines,selling all the council houses.

bazzap8389
03-09-14, 05:22 PM
^ couldn't agree more mate.

Andy
03-09-14, 05:24 PM
We will hear the self appointed spokesman for the south (you know who you are lol) pipe up again in a moment lol
What iv found though,is on every building site I ever worked on down south roughly 75% of the lads were northerners.What does this tell you!!!
Were the grafters! The working class.
The rest were pen pushing,clipboard carrying harry enfield characters lol

turbojolt
03-09-14, 06:01 PM
I like candy

Rab
03-09-14, 06:52 PM
Haha yeah we need to get people talking a bit more. As already said it's Westminster everyone wants away from. Why should be be governed by a party we didn't vote for. Doesn't seem like a democracy in that aspect really.

Because someone has to keep Londons politicians/millionaire pals in the lifestyle they're accustomed to

Shamish82
03-09-14, 07:29 PM
Because someone has to keep Londons politicians/millionaire pals in the lifestyle they're accustomed to
The way things are going there walking around money is about to be taken away

Alex J
03-09-14, 08:52 PM
Waste of public money, what diffrence is it gunna make if they break away? None! Your still pay tax , and have mps that chat breeze like you do now,what, youthinkyour get a discount lol mite make essex a break away country next:roll:, , people need to stop smoking so much weed

L14MNP
03-09-14, 09:55 PM
We will hear the self appointed spokesman for the south (you know who you are lol) pipe up again in a moment lol
What iv found though,is on every building site I ever worked on down south roughly 75% of the lads were northerners.What does this tell you!!!
Were the grafters! The working class.
The rest were pen pushing,clipboard carrying harry enfield characters lol

Exactly. We built this ****ing country.
Most of these Southern *******s live in a bubble and don't know they're born.

The new flag will look good at the match! :d

Edd
03-09-14, 10:15 PM
You built it, we run it

L14MNP
03-09-14, 10:36 PM
You built it, we run it

Not you yokels. lol

What are you gonna do, stop Weetabix production?

brainsnova
03-09-14, 11:07 PM
I'm going yes as if it was a going to be such a bad idea then darling would love to see us fail lol

Southie
04-09-14, 01:40 AM
By the way the sabbath is still observed up there, absolutely fcuk all to do on a sunday lol
Thankfully we've a 50th party on the Sunday up there, so after the 10 hour journey up there I'm sure I'll be fine resting ;)

Stuart
04-09-14, 09:51 AM
And Labour did such a good job... Basically it matters not what colour/brand is in the front office, the people in the back doing the "work"* are the same.
But everyone "north of the M25" (which is round and doesnt cover all of the posh boy tories homes) loves to hate the people in power, especially if they appear to have rich mates etc.... Just look how poor old Tony Bluuuurrrr is and hes a red ;)

*work is a loose term.

Rab
04-09-14, 09:54 AM
Labour are Tories in disguise now

Stuart
04-09-14, 10:02 AM
If a person actively WANTS to run the country/and area of the country, then they are not suitable to do so imho.

The country needs to be run like a business, and be agnostic of politics.

Scottcooper85
05-09-14, 01:11 PM
As long as they keep sending irn-bru down then I'm good either way :)

bazzap8389
07-09-14, 10:14 PM
According to the news the yes campaign are ahead now

mowgli
08-09-14, 12:29 PM
1. what did mrs thatcher actually do for this country when she was elected??? shut down a load of massively inefficient money pit nationalised industries, that were being run by the unions, ie. vehicle factories, mines, shipyards, docks etc......sorry if loads of them were in Scotland, but there were loads in the rest of the country too....
2. why do all scots hate 'english' politicians?? the last labour lot were all scots & they royally fcuked the country for every penny it had..
3. this whole thing is actually unconstitutional anyway... Scotland, Wales, England & Ulster are regions of one single country, and have been since the act of union which james vi of Scotland organised, when he became james I of england.... about 300 years ago... so the rest of us should actually have a vote to make it legal...
4. I'm all for independence if all the Scottish football fans are made to head north upon a yes vote being the final outcome

Stuart
08-09-14, 03:55 PM
Mowgli, you should know that you arent "supposed" to mention the reason she closed the industry (well she didnt as such, but she stopped them fannying about on strike and their own ineffciency shut themselves down) lol

mowgli
08-09-14, 05:18 PM
i know, but labour have made damn sure that nobody under the age of 30 is allowed to know what really happened....

so good caledonians, what about the Barnett Formula (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barnett_formula)?? it makes all politically aware east-midlanders really annoyed.

steve1434
09-09-14, 08:03 AM
It's old hat now. Let it be done. Each side argues yes or no. I really hope it works out well and we can all be friends, and they don't suffer the same fate as our Irish folk did.

I think the vote should be widened. As it does indeed affect the English should they have a say? I would vote YES as it will be an interesting experiment......

Stuart
09-09-14, 10:30 AM
I said it a while ago on another forum, but I reckon it will be as close as it is now on their own, but if we all were involved it would be a landslide yes

novag51
11-09-14, 06:45 AM
I'm still on the fence just now. Maybe I've not read into it it enough but seems they keep asking the same questions and not really giving direct answers for them ie what currency we will use and what will be the value of that currency. They say we can live of oil in the North Sea up Shetland and Orkney, most of that oil is sold already and technically if Scotland can go independent then Shetland and Orkney could go independent from Scotland as they are seperate Islands from the mainland and could keep the oil anyway. So we will have to support Scotland on whiskey, Irn bru and highland toffeelol

im not sure what way to go but England obviously need Scotland in a big way or they would have gave us away by now

mk1nova_rich
11-09-14, 09:59 AM
I wish all the Pro-independence Scots who live here would **** off back lol

I take it you want proper independence, not a mix of all the perks...ie.

Your own currency which won't hold the value of the British Pound
Surely you will need your own DVLA/other governing and regulating bodies
All the banks are already packing up to move south of the border
You ought to take on a proportionate amount of the debt accrued by the Union
Say goodbye to your free university and healthcare perks
Whos going to pay for the massive amount of public sector workers?
What else have you got apart from oil and whisky of any worth?
You will be nowhere on global market etc...

The list goes on and on lol

I can sympathise with the pro-independents but if we cut you off properly (no money under the table etc) you will be up **** creek within 5 years

Fair play and all that but its not a decision to take lightly

Rab
11-09-14, 05:53 PM
The general English view on independence is amusing. (Apologies if it sounds like I'm tarring people with the same brush)

The idea behind a currency union is so we pay our fair share of debt and keep the value of the pound up due to the countries assets, we'll get to that shortly. How are we going to lose free tuition fees and healthcare 'perks' show me evidence to back that statement .

bear in mind we are only 8% of the uk popultaion

annually out budget is 30 billion

we contribute to the uk economy

20 billion to construction
13 billion to food and drink
350 million in the textile industry
3 billion to life sciences
10 billion to the business services industry
9 Billion to chemical sciences
4.5 billion to the whisky industry
10 billion to the tourist industry
7.5 billion to the financial services industry
And 5 billion to the aerospace industry

thats not including 1.5 trillion pound oil reserves that apparently are a liability according to the uk government

saying we'll be 'out the game in 5 years' is ridiculous and shows how little you have read into the subject

mowgli
11-09-14, 06:54 PM
our view is that we haven't been asked if we'd like to vote.

look at this view....

if you go independant, and suddenly think the oil revenue will be yours, you will be in for one mighty kick up the sporran. the oil contracts are on long terms & were negotiated before mr salmond was even into politics. the contracts are held by massive multi national concerns, and any attempt to change them will be met with so much legal paperwork, you won't need toilet paper for a decade. oh, and they will negotiate the price down massively if you come out of the legal issues with any oil revenues...

what us english get annoyed with is the fact that the whole financial trouble the uk is in can be laid squarely at scottish banks & scottish labour mp's who kept telling us they knew what they were doing, then mr salmond reckons that an independant scotland should have no onus to pay their share of the national debt.....

i hope you have factored the massive imports of buckie in your figures.
and is irn bru in drinks or chemicals?

Rab
11-09-14, 07:10 PM
Why would you want he rest of the uk get a vote? It's Scotland's decision to make if it wants to become independent from the rest of the uk? If it was England that wanted to seperate from the rest of the uk then that would be England's decision, not ours!

Let's be honest, no one on here knows the legalities of North Sea oil, but I believe it would be the same apart from oil tax revenue going to scotland as opposed to westminister

and blaming a worldwide recession on scottish banks and labour mps? Actually?

Also I personally enjoyed the sporran, irn bru, Buckie patter there

to be honest I can't wait till this is done, never in a million years did I think I'd be getting into a political debate on a nova forum. It'll be great to use Facebook for fail videos, rack of the day and car pictures and png for nova discussionlol

bazil
11-09-14, 07:31 PM
There was a much much simpler way to do this, Devo Max but Westminster wouldn't allow that option on the ballot.

They knew it would be the preferred option but didn't allow us that option. Instead we arrive at this point of potentially breaking up the UK

And some folk really really need to a actually learn what they are talking about before writing a post.

Best one yet is someone suggesting that the NHS in England and wales funds free prescriptions in scotland WTF!!The NHS in Scotland was created as an administratively separate organisation in 1948 under the ministerial oversight of the Scottish Office, before being politically devolved in 1999. This separation of powers and financing is not always apparent to the general public due to the co-ordination and co-operation where cross-border emergency care is involved.

Banks moving south?
The RBS has said they will register in London but has no plans to move their employees south of the border so basically if the bank goes bust ( again ) the rest of the uk will have to bail them out ( again )

Scotland's share of the uk debt stands at 100-130billion ( out of 1.6 trillion )
But if the rUK dont aggree to a currency union and dont allow the scots the asset of the pound why would we be obligated to still pay for its debt? After all we have been paying our way to date, but if we are not in the uk and not using the pound why would we still have its debt?

Massive amounts of public service workers?
You do know there is only just over 5.2 million people in Scotland,
London has a population of over 8 million!

Oil and whiskey are the 2 main things the rUK are ****ting themselves over loosing!

bazil
11-09-14, 07:34 PM
Mike are the banks not regulated by the FSA who report to the treasury?
They didn't do their job very well did they?
They dropped the ball with northern rock too,

As for north sea oil contracts, keep them, the Atlantic is where its at.

But i do wonder, if a contract is drawn up to extract oil from uk waters what happens when those waters are no longer owned by the uk?

Southie
11-09-14, 07:40 PM
Can someone help me out regarding all of this in layman terms, I've really no idea what this means currently to anyone?

Yes I'm being naive as I don't understand politics at all, if I can pay me bills and taxes from my working wage then that's what matters to me and no doubt this is what all of us in the UK need to do.

Rab
11-09-14, 07:59 PM
The vast majority of people in the uk will really know nothing about politics and I think that's a major flaw in society. We've allowed politicians to get to stage where they can increase they're wages 10% a year while the rest of us get 1% if we're lucky, these prats have millions of pounds in the bank while some of us can't afford to pay our bills

Southie
11-09-14, 08:02 PM
That's me then lol So explain it to me really basically to what will effect us all north and south of the border to maybe be?

mowgli
11-09-14, 09:18 PM
ok, scotland want to vote to whether they want to split up the union or not.....

it is like a discussion about whether there should be a divorce or not.. but unlike a divorce, where one person gets screwed over, there are potentially 65 million people that will get screwed over.....oh & the 65 million people didn't actually do anything wrong...

the SNP argument is a lot like the whole gay marriage thing. the gay marriage lobby kept saying 'you are all small minded bigots because you won't allow us gays to get married' even though we really weren't thinking that & eventually the mp's decided to let them all get mother-in-laws just to get them to shut up & go away, which they actually all did. the SNP has been banging the drum about how badly treated all scots are and how much richer they would be without london sending them all the barnett money(see my previous posts)... and they really think it will work.. Labour are against it because scottish labour mp's have been propping them up for decades, and if there is a split, they won't get back in power...
the tories are sort of against it on simple business grounds, and they have an idea as the the mess they will have to sort out
but they quite like the idea of labour not having a chance in westminster.. the lib dems are trying to work out what they'll do after the next election when they get wiped out.. ukip just want to get mp's, so will jump on any bandwagon that looks like it is going in the right direction, oh & i think the SNP have underestimated the enormity of the task, because if they manage to go independant, it will take years, if not decades to sort it out & the rest of the uk won't bother to help them that much.

Stuart
11-09-14, 09:24 PM
The vast majority of people in the uk will really know nothing about politics and I think that's a major flaw in society. We've allowed politicians to get to stage where they can increase they're wages 10% a year while the rest of us get 1% if we're lucky, these prats have millions of pounds in the bank while some of us can't afford to pay our bills

1%, you want to be finding yourself a better job lol

mowgli
11-09-14, 09:29 PM
Why would you want he rest of the uk get a vote? It's Scotland's decision to make if it wants to become independent from the rest of the uk? If it was England that wanted to seperate from the rest of the uk then that would be England's decision, not ours!
erm, because of the act of union.. when a scottish born king formed a united kingdom called great britain, and thus scotland, ireland, england & wales became regions, of great britain.. don't be fooled cos of the footy teams... that was because fifa was bankrupt after wwII and the 4 'home nations' fa's put up the money to fund a world cup, as long as they were allowed to have 4 teams....

Let's be honest, no one on here knows the legalities of North Sea oil, but I believe it would be the same apart from oil tax revenue going to scotland as opposed to westminister
maybe not, but anyone who understands anything about international trade understands that multinational companies didn't become the size they are by being nice to people.. scotland will get shafted.. they can soon send the oil off the oilfields by ship, or a new pipeline to somewhere else, so nothing will land in scotland if there is a legal challenge

and blaming a worldwide recession on scottish banks and labour mps? Actually?
who said global?? you did.. i was on about the uk one

Also I personally enjoyed the sporran, irn bru, Buckie patter there

to be honest I can't wait till this is done, never in a million years did I think I'd be getting into a political debate on a nova forum. It'll be great to use Facebook for fail videos, rack of the day and car pictures and png for nova discussionlol
no-one forced you to join in, anyway, this place has some fantastic discussions, and most of them aren't nova related..

bazil
11-09-14, 09:45 PM
By fcuk mowgli glad i dont have your bleak outlook in life.

The reason there is a referendum is very very simple.

The Scottish people elected a political party who had it in their manifesto.
David Cameron allowed the referendum to take place, simple really

Rab
11-09-14, 10:06 PM
I give up, I can't even be bothered anymore!

mowgli
11-09-14, 10:16 PM
bazil.. i am quite a cheery soul really... i just take an interest in current affairs (that doesn't mean which sportsman is shagging a model this week)

the scottish people elected an SNP govt for holyrood, with 69MSPs, with 37 Labour MSPs, 15 Tories, 5 Lib-Dems 2 greens & an independant, so they have 53.5% of the seats and an overall majority

whereas there are only 6 SNP scottish mp's in westminster, as opposed to 40 scots labour, 12 scots Lib-Dem & 1 scots Tory, so ....11.3% of the scottish seats in westminster, or, more soberingly, 0.9% of the overall seats in westminster....

I just hope for everyones sake that if the SNP win this referendum, that it actually works out well for scotland & the rest of the uk.

mowgli
11-09-14, 10:21 PM
I give up, I can't even be bothered anymore!

so, aren't you voting then? lol

Rab
11-09-14, 10:38 PM
so, aren't you voting then? lol

Of course, I've just lost the will to debate it now lol

Andy
11-09-14, 10:45 PM
1%, you want to be finding yourself a better job lol
Of course! Why didn't we think of this earlier........

Edd
11-09-14, 10:53 PM
I've just been told no pay rise for the next 11 years lol

The First Minster of Scotland ( can't remember his name lol) comes across as someone that won't have a clue what to do if it's a yes vote

Wonder what the odds are on Scotland needing a bail out in the first 5 years if it's a yes.....

I think it will be a No now anyway, banks, companies saying they'll go south etc, plus supermarkets saying prices will go up

bazil
12-09-14, 06:40 AM
bazil.. i am quite a cheery soul really... i just take an interest in current affairs (that doesn't mean which sportsman is shagging a model this week)

the scottish people elected an SNP govt for holyrood, with 69MSPs, with 37 Labour MSPs, 15 Tories, 5 Lib-Dems 2 greens & an independant, so they have 53.5% of the seats and an overall majority

whereas there are only 6 SNP scottish mp's in westminster, as opposed to 40 scots labour, 12 scots Lib-Dem & 1 scots Tory, so ....11.3% of the scottish seats in westminster, or, more soberingly, 0.9% of the overall seats in westminster....

I just hope for everyones sake that if the SNP win this referendum, that it actually works out well for scotland & the rest of the uk.

0.9% is part of the issue, Westminster has the power to still implement policies that effect Scotland and our devolved parliament can not do anything about it neither can we be heard in Westminster with only 0.9% of MP's.

Edd,
Standard life have been saying since the 70's they are moving south but not actually done it.
RBS may register their head office in London but wont move employees or operations out of Scotland ( as per their chief executives statement yesterday )
And as for the bbc reporting lloyds moving to London well they really should have researched that one a bit a better, they are already in london and have no head office in Edinburgh.

Supermarkets?
Fair enough asda has said prices may go up and the no campaign reported tesco shoppers may pay 16% more for their shopping
Tesco issued a statement saying they figures are inaccurate and based on the Republic of Ireland supermarkets where there is highr taxes on certain products. They have no plans to raise prices.

mowgli
12-09-14, 07:01 AM
bazil, the point i was also making about the representation in westminster is that there are 59 scottish mp's in westminster out of 650.. so 9% of the mp's looking after 8.5-9%(depending on just how many illegals there are) of the total uk population.
this is not unfair at all, it is actually quite correct, but then only a tenth of the scottish mp's are SNP, which is because that is who got elected in 2010 by scottish people.

we english have often asked why we haven't got a devolved english parliament, which is then governed over by a uk parliament... this always falls on deaf ears

bazil
12-09-14, 09:28 AM
Here's an example of how some of us feel, this is a copy/paste from a someone on another site i use.
Scotland has only 8.3% of the UK's population. 8.3%! Remember this important figure... 8.3%

But we DO have...

32% of the land area.
61% of the sea area.
90% of the fresh water.
65% of the natural gas production.
96.5% of the crude oil production.
47% of the open cast coal production
81% of the untapped coal reserves
62% of the timber production
46% of the total forest area
92% of the hydro electric production
40% of the wind wave and solar energy production
60% of the fish landings
30% of the beef herd
20% of the sheep herd
9% of the dairy herd
10% of the pig herd
15% if the cereal holdings
20% of the potato holdings
...obviously 100% of the Scotch Whiskey industry.

We have a...
17 billion pound construction industry
13 billion food and drink industry
10 billion business services industry
9.3 billion chemical services industry
A 9.3 billion tourism industry
7 billion financial services industry
5 billion aeroservice industry
4.5 billion pound whiskey exports industry
3.1 billion pound life sciences industry
Scotland still has 350 million pounds worth of textile exports

We have 25% of Europes wave and wind energy potential.

And finally we are blessed to have 1.5 trillion pound worth of oil and gas reserves.

All of this, yet only 8.3% of The UK's population... Whaow Scotland should be rich!

IGNORANCE...
If you hear anyone saying "I DONT LIKE ALEX SALMOND" or "I DONT LIKE SNP"...
THIS VOTE IS ABOUT SCOTLAND'S RIGHT TO ELECT ITS OWN GOVERNMENT... IT HAS NOTHING WHATSOEVER TO DO WITH ALEX SALMOND OR THE SNP.
DONT LET POLITICAL IGNORANCE RUIN THIS OPPORTUNITY.

Do you know... This is the UK's legacy of success in our history of being better-together is as follows...

The UK has the 3rd lowest pensions in the 34 OECD countries of the world

The UK has the single most expensive childcare in the European Union

The UK has the second lowest-paid economy in the entire developed world

The UK has the 3rd longest working hours in the EU

The UK has the lowest number of holidays in the EU

The UK has the 8th highest gender inequality pay gap out of the EU's 28 countries

The UK has the highest likelihood of poverty in disablement in the EU

The UK has the highest rail prices in Europe

The UK has the second highest housing cost in Europe

The UK has the highest fuel poverty rates in Europe.

The UK is the 4th highest country of wealth inequality in the entire planet!

But surely these awful figures cannot be possible when you read the following Scottish statistics...

Now, finally, did you also know that in all of the UK's elections for Westminster ever!... Not one vote cast in SCOTLAND has ever mattered! Because of the Westminster numbers, whatever government England votes for, the UK gets. So we have no democracy here!!! 4 decades of tory rule that we voted against is proof enough, and our defiance was punished by the closure of all the mines; closure of all the steelworks; closure of all the shipyards losing hundreds if thousands of jobs. The term used by Westminster's Thatcher when these industries needed some assistance was "let the markets decide". Funny how when the greedy bankers collapsed everywhere they were bailed out to the tune of over a trillion pounds of our money... Not a mention of "let the markets decide".

FACTS:
Fact: Scotland has an oil boom waiting to happen on the West Coast, but Michael Hesaltine signed a cessation of any form of oil exploration in the entire area in the 80's to make way for nuclear submarines which Scotland doesn't want!

Fact: Scotland has shown its revulsion time and time again to nuclear weapons but they place them here against our countries wishes. A recent contingency report was carried out a out the feasibility of relocating them in Portsmouth. The report stated that it was unfeasible because the detrimental risk to the area of an incident was too high. (Ok for the Clyde though)

Fact: Scotland, with only 1 Tory MP, was forced to take the shocking attack on the poor & disabled called The Bedroom Tax, even though as our nations government, Holyrood voted to utterly reject this awful tax on the poor. Westminster gave us it anyway!

Fact: We are led to believe that the oil in our waters is finished and its a dying industry. Yet 13.5 billion has been invested by oil companies in the last 2 years alone!

Fact: The Clair Oil Field is about to open, and on its own has over 650 million barrels which will be extracted over 20+ years with production reaching a hundred thousand barrels a day!

Fact: Scotland gives more to Westminster than it gets back. Do you really think they'd be so keen to keep us if we were being subsidised like they'd have us believe?

Fact: Westminster has amassed over £1.3 trillion debt and still growing at nearly £6000 a second. Thats another £516 million today alone which YOU will have to pay for.

Fact: Of the 178 countries that have gained their own independence across this planet, not one single one of them has ever asked to reverse this independence, and very few of them have the assets we have.

bazzap8389
12-09-14, 09:45 AM
We have all of the above yet people think we won't last 5 years... Retards.

turbojolt
12-09-14, 09:48 AM
If scotland is really that oil rich how long will it be untill the Mer'cans invade you skirt wearing lady boys?

Stuart
12-09-14, 10:42 AM
Defence industry?

Rab
12-09-14, 11:05 AM
If scotland is really that oil rich how long will it be untill the Mer'cans invade you skirt wearing lady boys?

According to the better together campaign it's apparently Russia that's going to invade uslol

bazil
12-09-14, 11:26 AM
Its all good, NORTH KOREA will protect us lol,

Rab
12-09-14, 11:33 AM
Its all good, NORTH KOREA will protect us lol,

Any time North Korea gets mentioned all I can think about is the wee puppet out team america haha!

Andy
12-09-14, 11:33 AM
Ask yourselves this....
Why would the English prime minister all but beg them not to leave,and say hed be "heartbroken" if the nation was split........hmmmm
Back to the drawing board with the recession recovery plan me thinks..........

Andy
12-09-14, 11:34 AM
if you ask me,if anyones gonna fold in 5 years it will be ingaland lol

bazil
12-09-14, 11:49 AM
Andy what i wonder about is what happened to the billions of pounds worth of money the uk has made over the last 30+ years of oil production, the uk should NOT be in trillions of pounds of debt,

There used to be several hundred of thousands of barrels produced daily, but where the fcuk did the money go??

Stuart
12-09-14, 11:57 AM
Andy what i wonder about is what happened to the billions of pounds worth of money the uk has made over the last 30+ years of oil production, the uk should NOT be in trillions of pounds of debt,

There used to be several hundred of thousands of barrels produced daily, but where the fcuk did the money go??

Social stuff... :(

Its not in Camerons interest (from his job perspective) to have a No win as !Tories do very well in Jockland... But from a personal point of view, breaking up the union and causing lots of ill feeling on many sides probably isnt what he wants.

bazil
12-09-14, 12:03 PM
Stuart wtf you sniffing mate?

1 tory mp in Scotland

If you remove ALL the Scottish votes from each general election back to the 70's ( possibly further ) there would have been the same party winning,

Tories do not do well in Scotland mate,

Stuart
12-09-14, 12:06 PM
Note the ! infront of Tories.... forgive me, I shall never use logic on here again lol

! = NOT, as in used to be Labour, and now the SNiP

bazil
12-09-14, 01:17 PM
I thought the ! Was a typo lol

mowgli
12-09-14, 06:19 PM
the anti westminster spin is outrageous......

and i heard several times on the bbc about how westminster mp's don't represent scottish people.... i bet all the lib-dems in the highlands & islands are not impressed with that at all, what with them actually being in the government coallition. most urban scots shunned the snp & went with Labour... its what happens in elections.... if it wasn't for scottish labour voters, england would have been tory since 1979 & blair & brown would have had no chance.. its the way elections work unfortunately..

pottersrebel
12-09-14, 09:44 PM
if they vote yes then that totally ruins this joke lol after 8 pages of political jibber I thought id lighten the mood.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYAjshQA2ms

bazzap8389
15-09-14, 09:19 PM
I remember seeing that a few years ago, pretty good lol

bazzap8389
17-09-14, 07:23 PM
1 day to go. ****s getting serious lol

Andy
17-09-14, 07:32 PM
Seriously boring,aye.Sick of hearing about it.Get it done,then either way do what youre all world reknowned for.Getting drunk.lol

mowgli
18-09-14, 06:42 AM
i had great fun telling my 'scottish' friend that he wasn't actually scottish any more, because he didn't qualify for the vote.....

they have made great play on a sense of scottish heritage, yet the vote is purely on residency....

Stuart
18-09-14, 11:46 AM
Do "the dirty english" who live in scotland get to vote?

bazzap8389
18-09-14, 12:19 PM
Yes Stuart. Everyone living in Scotland get to vote.

Stuart
18-09-14, 12:21 PM
isnt that a shade odd?
then again I guess anyone old enough and not in prison can vote normally.

bazzap8389
18-09-14, 12:32 PM
Everyone that's registered and over 16 I should have said.

Andy
18-09-14, 03:08 PM
If it affects england as much as the boring oxygen stealing newsreaders on radio 1 are making out then why shouldnt we get to vote?
I vote a referendum on the north leaving england.
Its a proper armpit is england.Run by nancy public schoolboys who havent a clue about the real world outside their offices.

Edd
18-09-14, 03:25 PM
The only referendum I'm interested in is the EU membership one

Sack it off and stop the country being filled up with eastern Europeans, gone on way too long

turbojolt
18-09-14, 04:34 PM
[QUOTE=Andy;2243880]If it affects england as much as the boring oxygen stealing newsreaders on radio 1 are making out then why shouldnt we get to vote?
I vote a referendum on the north leaving england.
Its a proper armpit is england.Run by nancy public schoolboys who havent a clue about the real world outside their offices.[/QUOTE

What a crock of ****. why is it always jumped to by northen monkies that everything bad or wrong in there lives is 100% goverened by some other force then them selfs........if i meet one more guy in there 30's that moans about the coal industry im going to drop them!

Edd
18-09-14, 04:43 PM
Coal mines were either out of coal, losing mega money or both so they got shut down, never seen what the fuss was about myself

Stuart
18-09-14, 05:01 PM
Coal mines were either out of coal, losing mega money or both so they got shut down, never seen what the fuss was about myself

Exactly, they "shut themselves down" it was only the leader of the country (as voted in iirc) that stopped them messing about on strike and to get on with realising their own stupidity/petulence. But hey, lets all Tory bash as thats fashionable and Labour or anyone else have never done aything bad... lol Its all about picking the least worst option.

Andy
18-09-14, 06:18 PM
What a crock of ****. why is it always jumped to by northen monkies that everything bad or wrong in there lives is 100% goverened by some other force then them selfs........if i meet one more guy in there 30's that moans about the coal industry im going to drop them!
Its not just northerners,any body with any sense.Not even on about the latest government,all of em.
As a result of welcoming all and sundry from all over the country is overpopulated,because it is overpopulated there isn't enough jobs-so pay stays same/crap.
Not enough houses-so demand is higher so prices for buy/let are higher.
Lets make people work harder for longer
Lets take police off the streets
Close fire stations.
Lets cut nhs funding-retarded as the country is getting larger the hospitals busier.
I could go on all day but hey,they do nothing wrong or bad do they?

Scottcooper85
18-09-14, 06:28 PM

Theres still millions of tons of coal under selby and the mines were making money it was just cheaper for the government to out source the work abroad and import the coal.

turbojolt
18-09-14, 08:54 PM
Theres still millions of tons of coal under selby and the mines were making money it was just cheaper for the government to out source the work abroad and import the coal.

Give me your address!!!!!! Lol

turbojolt
18-09-14, 08:55 PM

Scottcooper85
18-09-14, 09:00 PM

Why for? if you can fix nova electrical problems you can come lol

bazzap8389
18-09-14, 09:01 PM
^ lol they're maybe keeping it for when all the other countries reserves run out

just an hour to go!

Scottcooper85
18-09-14, 09:01 PM
Just read your previous comment I'm not in my 30's I'm 29 lol lol lol

Stuart
18-09-14, 09:49 PM
^ lol they're maybe keeping it for when all the other countries reserves run out

just an hour to go!

There is that now...
It was/is cheaper to pull it in from abroad, but as China is consuming shed loads a day then ours will become viable abpgain

Southie
19-09-14, 05:46 AM
Gooooooood morning Greaaaaaat Britainnnn

Close run thing by the looks of it, and glad we all can now get back to reality... Yes we're all 1.3 trillion in debt lol

Zammo from grange hill must have been an influence for the majority then lol

http://www.flagsofallcountries.com/European_Union/UK/big/inglesa.gif

mk1nova_rich
19-09-14, 06:22 AM
Weeks and weeks of constant bollocks on the news and in papers just for a No...what a waste of time lol

bazzap8389
19-09-14, 06:24 AM
Hardly a waste of time... Just shows how much people are NOT happy. We came close. Now I have to face the gloating ****ebags at work.

Andy
19-09-14, 09:30 AM
SPINELESS hahaha
Yet again people brainwashed by a load of w4nkers in English parliament.
It may aswell have been a landslide as the result is the same.

Andy
19-09-14, 09:31 AM
Weeks and weeks of constant bollocks on the news and in papers just for a No...what a waste of time lol
Try months! I agree though.
I really wanted them to get independeance,then wales then NI then they would maybe realise how much crap people are sick of.

mk1nova_rich
19-09-14, 10:19 AM
I had to laugh at the 'why should the English get a vote?'

Maybe if we had you might have got your independence lol all its achieved is pissing people off

Stuart
19-09-14, 11:38 AM
SPINELESS hahaha
Yet again people brainwashed by a load of w4nkers in English parliament.
It may aswell have been a landslide as the result is the same.

OR that people WERENT brainwashed by a slightly skewed view from a scottish politician... They are all ultimately the same, they want power, they want to be seen to be in charge but to actually do nothing for the people who put them there, doesnt matter which team you play for either.

Andy
19-09-14, 11:53 AM
yeah that is true

Southie
19-09-14, 11:54 AM
Try months! I agree though.
I really wanted them to get independeance,then wales then NI then they would maybe realise how much crap people are sick of.

Maybe you should start a England referendum Andy lol

bazil
20-09-14, 03:08 AM
As sad day indeed.

Two things i have already predicted,

No state pension when i retire
Paying for health care.

The future is pish for Scotland now. I very much doubt we will actually be "Better Together"

mowgli
20-09-14, 08:25 AM
bazil. since the rise of the SNP, there has been a massive anti-english thing going on north of the border. but hating england is probably the smallest consideration in deciding a country's future.

financial security is obviously everyone's biggest concern.
NHS funding is, as was predicted a very long time ago (1947-8) reaching its limit, because there is an ageing population & not enough people are being born to keep the pot topped up. it worries us all.
as for the state pension... it will carry on, but won't be that great, i've been paying into private schemes since i was 22.

we all have to make adult choices about our future, and most of them are not very nice ones.

ps. about the coal thing mentioned earlier... global coal prices are pegged to the dollar... when the pound is high, uk coal is worthless... Daw Mill colliery near coventry is sitting on an almighty reserve of top quality coal.. and they mothballed it earlier this year because it was losing a fortune. i believe that under EU rules, buying uk only coal in the uk is actually illegal (restraint of trade etc) so unfortunately, the coal industry will not be picking up any time soon....

bazil
20-09-14, 11:38 AM
Anti english because of the SNP?? Seriously WTF! please tell me you have some sort of evidence of this to back up your claim or is it just your opinion because its wayyyy off the mark and i should know as i live here!

I dont doubt that there is a minority of those who do not like english folk in the same respect there are those in England that do not like Scots but the majority of those who were fighting in glasgow last night were scottish pro union supporters, i was there i seen it with my own eyes.

Hating England has nothing to do with my vote, nor many others, being ruled by a government that that i didn't vote for and can still implement policy againt the will of the Scottish government is what i hate, its supposed to be a democracy but feels more like a dictatorship!

mowgli
20-09-14, 08:13 PM
i am a keep reader of newspapers & listener & viewer of a lot of broadcast media.
i think the political classes in scotland have been waging a dirty campaign for quite some time over the vote,
maybe it is a view from my side of the border, but there are things that the scottish parliament have done to rub the english populations nose in it over the past few years to try & make us look inferior. at no time in the last couple of years have i heard an MSP actually come forward & say a single positive thing about westminster & england in general, it has all been upping scotland & downing england, we are still 2 regions of the same country, but this vote has opened some old wounds.
the extra barnet formula money being used to provide free university places to offspring of scots residents, free prescriptions etc. does strike a nerve down here...when we are being hit with a massive austerity package to try to balance the books after the last lot spent it all.
i've only been to scotland twice in my life & both times i've thoroughly enjoyed the visits, apart from the effing midges near fort william. i have no argument with normal people, just the politicians

mk1nova_rich
21-09-14, 08:38 AM
NHS funding is, as was predicted a very long time ago (1947-8) reaching its limit, because there is an ageing population & not enough people are being born to keep the pot topped up. it worries us all.
as for the state pension... it will carry on, but won't be that great, i've been paying into private schemes since i was 22

The two major problem with the NHS are that people receive healthcare and treatment when they haven't paid a penny in, and that its massively overstaffed but with all the wrong people.

Stuart
21-09-14, 10:37 PM
Reduction in ni for those who sign up to being shot in the face at 66, retire at 65 with a year to do yer bucket list.

mk1nova_rich
21-09-14, 11:10 PM
Or just stop blowing millions on people who don't pay in...

I wonder how many other INSURANCE providers would pay out for a claim made by someone without a policy? Why is the NHS/NI so different...?

Rab
21-09-14, 11:28 PM
Or just stop blowing millions on people who don't pay in...

I wonder how many other INSURANCE providers would pay out for a claim made by someone without a policy? Why is the NHS/NI so different...?

Fair do's, but no one bats an eyelid at massive companies avoiding corporation tax which could be used to fund it

mk1nova_rich
21-09-14, 11:31 PM
Would you pay tax if you could avoid it? I see the workshy dross I'm funding on a daily basis...they wouldn't get a dime if I had a choice in the matter

Rab
21-09-14, 11:38 PM
Totally agree mate about the workshy, but you can't deny people who genuinely cannot work and cannot pay into a national insurance 'fund' as such free medical care, it's immoral. Companies that are avoiding corporation tax are as bad as benefit cheats but that's just my opinion. The fact is neither I nor you, the normal working man, can avoid paying tax but as soon as your earning umpteen million you can exploit loopholes and dodge it.

Stuart
22-09-14, 08:09 AM
If you can legally not pay tax then so be it, there are no morals in business or tax. To be fair you don't have to earn millions to have creative taxes.... Go Ltd company contracting for a taste of the fun

mowgli
25-09-14, 08:24 PM
Totally agree mate about the workshy, but you can't deny people who genuinely cannot work and cannot pay into a national insurance 'fund' as such free medical care, it's immoral. Companies that are avoiding corporation tax are as bad as benefit cheats but that's just my opinion. The fact is neither I nor you, the normal working man, can avoid paying tax but as soon as your earning umpteen million you can exploit loopholes and dodge it.

basically you can see why the welfare state was always doomed to fail.

too many spongers & it goes into a nosedive

too many old people in relation to younger people and it goes into a nosedive

the whole NI pot is basically a large pyramid scam, and it always relied on exponential population growth, so there would always be more working people following on.... this started to go wrong when some time in the late 60's there was no longer 100% employment...(history lesson... the jobcentre used to be called the 'labour exchange') & the dole was raised to a level that you could actually live on, as opposed to previously being a rate where you could only just survive on for a short time period....

thus we are now in a right mess & unless there is a massive restructuring of the whole system from start to finish, it simply won't get any better.