PDA

View Full Version : charge cooler in nova

turbo-boy
01-09-14, 09:27 PM
ok i have a charge cooler in my nova but im not really happy with it but i want to stay with the charge cooler setup im thinking of getting a bigger charge cooler to fit under the bonnent as the one im using is the courtney one, anyone hav any pics of different charge coolers fitted?

Southie
01-09-14, 09:31 PM
Might be not much help be a discussion on here that shows discoinfernos old setup:
http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?169967-Charge-Coolers-Talk-To-Me!

Will F
01-09-14, 10:28 PM
Best get a custom one made up, the pace ones (they're are what Courtney sell) are pretty useless as the ore rad is too small and the heat exchanger is not efficient enough.

turbo-boy
02-09-14, 02:14 PM
I have fitted a big radiator to my.system and I have just purchased an aem water injection kit

meritlover
02-09-14, 08:03 PM
what is your delta T across the cooler, (air and water temps) under boost?

turbo-boy
02-09-14, 09:00 PM
i havnt checked it but the ecu cuts the boost when it warms up im gonna get a bigger expansion tank for it to match the bigger rad i got aswell

meritlover
02-09-14, 09:56 PM
a bigger header tank will buy you time, but not solve the problem. if anything it may make it worse, as you now have more hot water to cool down.

without knowing the temperatures you wont know whether the cooler or the radiator is the right size.

turbo-boy
02-09-14, 11:01 PM
The rad is the right size it's the Same size as the radiator I'm.gonna.replumb my.water pipes and move my tank out of the bay and water injection installed should sort my problem

Johnny A
02-09-14, 11:06 PM
fill the header tank full of ice and hope for the best?? lol

trouble with the Nova is space, what about going all out and running a massive radiator in the boot?

Will F
02-09-14, 11:28 PM
Fiat cinquecento rad is a good one to use and decent exchanger. The header tank doesn't really matter if you get these right

turbo-boy
03-09-14, 07:18 AM
.using the courtney/pace one and I'm.on.phase2 that's my.problem and I havnt.seen a exchanger that will fit nice in the bay

Will F
03-09-14, 10:54 PM
I found that even on phase one my charge temps were causing issues. In the summer I could only run phase one for about a minute on full boost with the pace poop!

turbo-boy
04-09-14, 09:14 AM
Yea I hav found that aswell I'm getting a bigger cooler so should help out

Stuart
04-09-14, 09:36 AM
Make sure the water pump is upto the job.

ProAlloy make (acceptable, but be cautios of the core popping) cooler stuffs.
prehaps have a look on the VX220 forum as they use air to water coolers for the Turbos and some are knocking on the door of 400bhp etc, with not a lot of bay space and long pipe runs to the front.