PDA

View Full Version : 7Jx16 wheels

Nova Joyed
30-08-14, 01:33 PM
Hi,

I am fairly new to this forum, but enjoying the variety projects and Nova related info. Does anyone have 7Jx16 ET49 wheels on 3 door hatches or know if they fit? And if so how much arch modification is required? (my car is currently on standard GSI suspension)

BRoadGhost
30-08-14, 05:58 PM
I ran ET47 on a 16"x7J & you'll need to take back the outer arches.

Nova Joyed
30-08-14, 10:25 PM
Thanks for the response. I don't really want to have to modify the rear arches, so will keep looking for some alternative wheels that are 6J.

L14MNP
30-08-14, 11:14 PM
Just don't run staggered fitment on a FWD car, or you are a hamster fiddler.

Subtle modder
01-09-14, 03:18 PM
Just don't run staggered fitment on a FWD car, or you are a hamster fiddler.

While your right for the handling feel and characteristics, you can mod the rears to hold 8x15s like i want but no way would 8's go near the front without major rework or putting up with restricted movement hence the new wheels im looking at being 6.6 front, 8 rear, the germans have been doing it for years after all...

Wayne

craig green
01-09-14, 04:18 PM
'Bang on trend' Wayne :roll:

BRoadGhost
01-09-14, 08:35 PM
German = Right

Southie
01-09-14, 08:41 PM
German = Right
That's a bit far right... Could be left if your drifting a lot lol

Subtle modder
01-09-14, 11:23 PM
'Bang on trend' Wayne :roll:

No if i wanted be on trend it would be sitting on speedlines or slabs :p:roll: i want to do a pure euro style which is seemingly rare over here, My Corsa is without doubt going to be more style and looks in general than performance, i have two other cars for that so pointless gaining another. Dont worry though i wont be doing the stretched off the rim tyre look lol

ontopic to Nova Joyed, dont assume its all down to wheel width for straight fitment, it also comes down to wether your arches are original or repaired, i find reskinned ones often have deeper lips on cheap repair panels, and there is MAJOR differences between different tyre makes, some being notably wider/bubblier on sidewall than others, falkens and Toyos having some of the better formed sidewalls

Wayne