PDA

View Full Version : It's been a long nite.....(Gaz Locky) :(

locky
14-09-03, 04:10 PM
Must Have been a Bad nite 4 the Gaz's..................
Dropped a work m8 home last nite, goin down a hill, revs just died, tried 2 get a gear, no luck.
Pulled over, looked nder the bonnet, all good, checked timing belt, still in tact, at this time its bout 1.30!
So i tried cranking it over no luck!
Fuel pump wasnt making a soundwhen ignition was on, so either relay or pump!
Couldnt call home, i spilled a drink on my fone in the bar, so i flagged down a taxi 2 use a fone, no1 answered at home! tried several times!
Called RAC, b within 75 minuites!
He got his circuit tester out, n found thet wer gettin power 2 the pump, but pump not working. tried givin it a tap, no luck!
This is about 2.40!
So he has a spec lift 2 take me home.
Car is too low!
So he had 2 call out a flatbed 4 me!i got into bed at 5.10!!!!!
Im nackered 2 say the least! and i wont b dropping staff home 4 managment agian! (well i will :roll: )

Mark
14-09-03, 04:17 PM
Damn unlucky Gaz!!!!

Gazza14SR
14-09-03, 04:29 PM
it could of got worse for me, the aa man took my car of the towing bar pushed it back towards the curb and lost control of it and nearly curbed my drivers side rear alloy. Pillock!

the worse thing of all is i dont have a garage so its not like i can take it to bits or anything and try and inspect it.

Sorry to here about your misfortune mate!

locky
14-09-03, 06:40 PM
Yeah im sorry 2 hear bout yours, so i thought id try n make u feel a bit better by adding my nite out lol
The bloke wanted 2 take it on the speccy, he sed that youv been advised that it could cause damage! im like, its hitting my downpipe now!go over a bunp it mite come off or bugger the sump!
God they r hard work! hope i aint like that on call!!!!! :o

Tilly
14-09-03, 09:51 PM
awww bless u. but uve sorted now have you?

locky
14-09-03, 10:03 PM
No im hopin 2 get a new pump 2moro from Ben+Will!
Il take the pump off n test it just 2 b 100% sure its that!

brian
15-09-03, 06:34 PM
I have gone through many of those pumps over the years. they fuck up very easily. there is no filter on the line before the pump and a tiny spec of dust is enough to upset it.

Ben
15-09-03, 06:36 PM
The one he is getting is a top quality one wich is the best money can buy :roll:

Mark
15-09-03, 06:37 PM
I wonder where it's coming from??????? :lol:

Aragorn
15-09-03, 09:49 PM
wait uve just said theres no current getting to the pump

so why are you replacing it?!

try swapping out the fuse (no1 in fusebox) and relay first

Mark
15-09-03, 09:55 PM
Kevin, he is getting power to the pump...

brian
15-09-03, 10:42 PM
He got his circuit tester out, n found thet wer gettin power 2 the pump, but pump not working.
he did say it was gettin power alright but at a glance the way its wrote might make ya think otherwise.

Locky..............terrible typing out of you :roll: :lol:

Mark
15-09-03, 10:46 PM
Forgive him he's a sheep...Err I mean Welsh... Sorry Boyo

locky
15-09-03, 10:51 PM
He got his circuit tester out, and then found that we are 100% definately getting power 2 the external fuel pump, but the external fuel pump is not working, tried givin it a tap, no luck!

:lol: :wink:
Ne Beta? :?

brian
15-09-03, 10:53 PM
:lol: