PDA

View Full Version : Ride height

millworm
24-08-14, 07:40 PM
Anyone know the standard ride height of a nova? Trying to figure out how much mine is lowered by cheers

craig green
27-08-14, 02:51 PM
Different models sit differently, esp when a base spec has minimal soundproofing or interior trim which affects the weight of the car. Factor in various tyre sizes etc & its almost impossible to get a base figure.

Johnny A
27-08-14, 02:56 PM
I would like to know this too, easiest way I can figure is to find someone with a factory model similar to yours (in my case a saloon) and measure from the centre of the front hub to the top of the wheel arch.

millworm
27-08-14, 11:47 PM
I would like to know this too, easiest way I can figure is to find someone with a factory model similar to yours (in my case a saloon) and measure from the centre of the front hub to the top of the wheel arch.

I can do that using my neighbours one haha, needed it for a hatch but ended up buying coilovers

BRoadGhost
28-08-14, 05:04 PM
The sag / settle of springs will always alter values overtime no matter what you run; same with soft bushes (by no means as much).

mk1nova_rich
28-08-14, 08:39 PM
Unless there is a base value given in Haynes manual then your best bet is to compare a pic of yours with someone elses. Post up a pic so we can see it

Southie
28-08-14, 09:36 PM
Buy a set of standard springs for your car and tell us lol

Benn
29-08-14, 09:38 AM
I don't really think you can get a good measurement on how low a car is... Way to many things that differ.

HarryNotts
29-08-14, 06:17 PM
The Haynes book of Nova lies(909) doesn't give a ride height,but it does give an overall height of 1360mm(53.5")for the saloon and 1365mm(53.7")for the hatchback and a ground clearance of 144mm(5.7") so maybe with a bit of tape measurey,it can be worked out from what overall height you've got now?