PDA

View Full Version : Throttle body opinions

bazil
21-08-14, 12:02 PM
I've been looking around the net but cant find any really decent comparisons.

Long V's Short trumpets? Much difference?

Im either looking at 118mm bodies with short trumpets or 30mm bodies with long trumpets

Is there much difference in power/torque.

The engine is going to be a 20XE with mild cams but largely standard for now with omex ECU
in the future i may upgrade the internals to all steel and higher compression

philip
21-08-14, 02:32 PM
Longer the trumpets the more it helps with torque. Iirc from the backof the valve you want 12inch lwngth too tip oftrumpet if space allows. Which tbs are you looking into?

bazil
21-08-14, 05:22 PM
A jenvey kit with omex 600, due to its application im limited for length of trumpets,

Stuart
21-08-14, 05:36 PM
IMHO given the "low" level of tune we get to, I dont think it makes enough noticeable difference... Willing to be proved wrong of course

MARTIN KELSON
21-08-14, 08:12 PM
Call or mail Jenvey for advise & purchase what you need direct from them.

philip
21-08-14, 08:44 PM
I can do tje AT power tbs. Can get variety od runner and trumpet lengths too and im sure cheaper than jenvey aswel

Andy
21-08-14, 08:45 PM
IMHO given the "low" level of tune we get to, I dont think it makes enough noticeable difference... Willing to be proved wrong of course
I agree with this.

philip
21-08-14, 09:23 PM
I can do tje AT power tbs. Can get variety of runner and trumpet lengths too and im sure cheaper than jenvey aswel

Benn
22-08-14, 09:34 AM
So if you say put 60mm ones on. That would give a lovely torque curve...

bazil
22-08-14, 10:30 AM
Philip i dont have a suitable inlet manifold, are AT direct to head or would i need a manifold?

Will F
23-08-14, 08:58 PM
As said, the longer the better for top end torque... It won't make a huge difference on a mild tune, but we tried 110mm trumpets on my c16xe and it gained 9fllb at the top, but at the cost of some mid range, so we stuck to the 90mm as a good all round choice.

bazil
24-08-14, 09:57 AM
Cool, i guess in the end unless im wanting to go to the maximum of what i can achieve then im not going to notice much difference in reality on a mild built engine.

Philip what inlet manifold would i need for the AT setup?

The main attraction for the jenvey kit is simplicity, inlet manifold, bodies, trumpets, loom and base mapped omex 600 for just under 2K
Id still need to buy throttle linkage but thats no big deal.

philip
24-08-14, 07:25 PM
Dth matey. Will send links over tonight matey for you. I priced tje at kit and was cheaper than the qed dth kit too.

Dan Stanley
25-08-14, 07:17 PM
Dth matey. Will send links over tonight matey for you. I priced tje at kit and was cheaper than the qed dth kit too.

I'd be interested to know a ball park figure for some direct to head TBs for a C20XE. I already have Emerald management. If you could send me a quote then I'd be grateful. Thanks.

philip
28-08-14, 08:57 AM
dan - are you looking at the DTH type or inlet/dcoe type tbs?

Will F
28-08-14, 12:39 PM
Have a look on SBDs site for info about different types of TB configurations - some useful stuff on there... they say that the tapered approach is best with itbs