PDA

View Full Version : Chris Astley !!! Also help with Valeo rads

murph-gsi
20-08-14, 10:06 PM
I have been looking for a genuine Valeo GSi radiator for a while but I could find one. Recently purchased one off Chris Astley. He had it advertised on his site as a Valeo one, with the Valeo product number. I didnt receive the item for more than 3 weeks.

I emailed and phoned for two weeks but no answer! It arrived today and to my astonishment he sent me a Nissens one. I was fuming, I didnt get what I paid for. So I checked the site and now he has the rad changed to a Nissens one.

I now know what people are on about, he is just a plain scammer!!!!:mad:

Southie
20-08-14, 10:13 PM
This has been known for a long long time, he ripped several people off over time... Blamed his suppliers... Got his wife involved to back his bullshiit up... Then moved away... Disappeared for a while... Then started back up.

Sounds like he's still a con merchant then!!!

An old thread from a few years back:
http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?139939-Chris-Astley-Motorsport-NO-LONGER-TRADING

murph-gsi
20-08-14, 10:19 PM
Disputing with him now on Paypal. He said he cant get his suppliers to supply Valeo rad. Shock!!!

Any tips on how to sort out my paypal refund? It would be great thanks

murph-gsi
20-08-14, 10:23 PM
Also if anybody could please give me a website or number for a new Valeo rad for a GSi, it would be a great help. Thanks

Valeo item number is 383771, Vaux number 90136753

Southie
20-08-14, 10:25 PM
Why so eager for a valeo item? Surely a decent motor factors can get the equivalent these days, bearing in mind the last gsi was built in 94... 20 years ago :eek:

scott.parker
20-08-14, 10:32 PM
Valeo do still make them, there's people claiming to sell them on eBay but at £70!..
Im sure I heard you can get genuine Valeo rads for around £50 delivered, I need one too so would like to know where from..

Johnny A
20-08-14, 10:34 PM
I got my Valeo full height Nova rad from the local motor factors, cost me £50

Southie
20-08-14, 10:36 PM
Might be worth trying there dealer locator then:
http://www.valeoservice.com/html/unitedkingdom/en/produits.outrouver.php?start=0&cat=&region=&ville=&gammeprod%5B%5D=258534534DA951D5A0

Southie
20-08-14, 10:38 PM
I got my Valeo full height Nova rad from the local motor factors, cost me £50
Did think that would be the case.

Southie
20-08-14, 10:41 PM
Edited the thread title Murph so it may also help others in the future if that's okay.

Johnny A
20-08-14, 10:43 PM
I wonder how much business he has lost due to his bad business practices

Novasport
20-08-14, 10:44 PM
They are still available from motorfactors. Retail is about £80

Southie
20-08-14, 10:47 PM
I wonder how much business he has lost due to his bad business practices
Obviously enough a few years ago but has started up again hoping people forget, cannot believe he's still trading under the same name :roll:

This name would have been more suitable: Wilma Fingerdoo

Andy
20-08-14, 10:57 PM
Cant believe this clown can actually still get any gear from anywhere.
Id have thought hed be on stop most places.

Edd
20-08-14, 10:59 PM
Chris Astley is a full on ass bandit

Southie
20-08-14, 11:01 PM
Cant believe this clown can actually still get any gear from anywhere.
Id have thought hed be on stop most places.
Thing is how many new suppliers after 4 years maybe don't know him or maybe he's setup under someone else's name to get the money... even worse people who he ripped off have funded this to get him where he is again maybe!!!

murph-gsi
20-08-14, 11:08 PM
Ya no hassle Southie. Johnny what local motor factors? Anybody have a link for an online one?
Any links Novasport. Thanks?

Johnny A
20-08-14, 11:20 PM
Can't remember the name sorry, they moved out of my area after I bought it. Was a while ago now, really all you need to do is call up some factors and ask if they supply Valeo

Benn
21-08-14, 09:14 AM
Not to be rude. But why the funk did you buy anything from him?? HE's ripped off half the internet!

craig green
21-08-14, 01:08 PM
£70 seems a fair price for a decent OEM spec rad, although £50 is better.

I got a genuine valeo rad from www.buypartsby.com (http://www.buypartsby.com) a few years ago. Pretty sure Halfords can get them too if you specify the brand. I got a Serck sourced one from a motor factors about 12 years ago & the quality was awful, thinner core & much reduced capacity, so much so it had its own support bar to stop it bending.

I would probably be happy with anything that has the correct core dimensions tbh & doesnt look like it was made in the far east.

sjb6268
21-08-14, 10:14 PM
The only thing I would like to add was I dealt with home for some of the conversion parts for my nova, strengthening plates and upgraded mounts and the service was actually very good, ordered them at 2.30 where delivered to my work instead of my home by 11 the next morning, wouldn't know on genuine parts but some things he is fairly good on, I can't say for everything but my one and only experience with him was actually positive :/

Andy
21-08-14, 10:18 PM
I wouldn't buy scalextric car parts from him personally

david dixon
21-08-14, 10:38 PM
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vauxhall-Nova-Corsa-B-Tigra-Rear-Gearbox-Mount-Spacer-Kit-C20XE-C20LET-Conversio-/121325390793?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item1c3f8e8bc9 also looks like under another name too!

raymond
22-08-14, 06:02 AM
Never had a single problem with him myself. Although I didn't live to far away.

He even sold me a cheap nova gte many moons ago

brainsnova
23-08-14, 12:45 AM
The best thing about C A was when his bird replied on here a few years ago trying to back him up lol

murph-gsi
23-08-14, 08:54 AM
Got sorted with finding a new Valeo rad, I'd say I will have it for the end of next week.

Still trying to get paypal situation sorted with C A. He told me I could keep it and give me £10 refund or to post it back to him for full refund but its going to cost me more than £20 to post. I wanted him to cover the costs first to which he has not replied yet!

To be honest this is just unwanted hassle to me. Why send someone something they did not pay for or want. A simple phone call to say you did not have a specified item and that you had an alternative would suffice. Instead he sent me the wrong item thinking it would not matter.

The only reason I wanted a Valeo rad is because the car is genuine throughout!

scott.parker
23-08-14, 09:58 AM
He didn't call you to let you know like any other decent suppliers because he's a renown penny pinching bellend!

Kev Turbo
24-08-14, 11:33 AM
Glad you found an original one Murph-GSi,

Where did you source it from In the end and if you don't mind disclosing how much was it?

murph-gsi
25-08-14, 07:40 AM
Heh kev, I had to email Vale and they gave me the suppliers numbers in Ireland. Rang one up and they ordered for me. Will have it this Wednesday and cost me €100. Hope that helps lad.

murph-gsi
29-08-14, 05:41 PM
The dispute is continuing on Paypal with Chris Astley still, great fun!!! Also I got a new Valeo radiator which one of my friends collected, all the numbers matched but I was disappointed to see it has a goldy type coating and it is not made by Faesa now. Also it says Valeo classic on it and made in China. Anybody care to shed any light on this?

craig green
29-08-14, 07:08 PM
China!!! Doh

murph-gsi
27-09-14, 03:31 PM
Lost my dispute with paypal which is a complete joke. I sent my receipt of the Valeo rad to them and I have a Nissens one sitting her.To be honest it doesnt make sense to me. He doesnt answer phone calls or emails. Stuck with the rad now!!!

I should have learnt from other peoples dealing with him but I thought sure it only a rad, how wrong can he get it. My mistake unfortunately!

So I ADVICE everybody to just keep away and deal with a reputable company, as at least you will have some come back to the items you purchased.

Thanks Chris

totalnova
28-09-14, 04:48 PM
Paypall really is a joke sometimes.

Andy
28-09-14, 05:31 PM
Hes a fukkin idiot that youth..

craig green
28-09-14, 05:45 PM
Lost my dispute with paypal which is a complete joke. I sent my receipt of the Valeo rad to them and I have a Nissens one sitting her.To be honest it doesnt make sense to me. He doesnt answer phone calls or emails. Stuck with the rad now!!!

I should have learnt from other peoples dealing with him but I thought sure it only a rad, how wrong can he get it. My mistake unfortunately!

So I ADVICE everybody to just keep away and deal with a reputable company, as at least you will have some come back to the items you purchased.

Thanks Chris

Lets see some pics of this Nissens one. I'm interested how thick the core is.

discoinferno
01-10-14, 10:18 AM

Thanks Chris

Nissens rads are as good if not better than Valeo, you with find most of the companies who make bespoke rads,intercoolers (ah fabrications etc) use nissens cores

turbojolt
01-10-14, 10:25 AM
pm me if you want to sell the rad mate :)