PDA

View Full Version : A month off the beer and its not the same

pete17
18-08-14, 08:14 PM
Well I have just completed a month off the beer and cigs and went in the garage tonight to carry on with the nova project, and its just not the same anymore?

I used to love going to my man cave and blasting out tunes on my I-player while messing around with the nova with a beer and a cig,

now it just feels like work !!!!!!!

anyone else do the same???lollollollollol

Andy
18-08-14, 08:23 PM
iv been a year off fags and still get pangs in the garage.Mainly after welding,as id lift the mask and spark up.

jimbob-mcgrew
18-08-14, 09:20 PM
fair play for double cold turkey, fat pete. respect :thumb:

i keep trying, but cant seem to put the heroin needle down for long at all.

i have had what you speak of tho, repeatedly in the past.
like you say, its not quite the same, especially when your waiting those 15 mins for the temp to get up, to kick in the rad fan

bazil
18-08-14, 09:26 PM
Been off the cigs for 5 years now,, don't miss them at all now,

Beer on the other hand, I will kill you if you try and take it away from me!!!!

gary_126
18-08-14, 09:39 PM
ha ha, cant say i mix the two. Beer and working on the car sounds a bit counterproductive, but working on the car, THEN beer, = a reward for your work :D

scott.parker
18-08-14, 09:40 PM
I don't smoke, I did lay of the beer a lot a few years back, but over the last year had got into a regular drinking routine, think I did it because I knew I had a few stag do's I wanted to make sure I was OK for lol
But I pushed it too far a week or so back at my sister/brother (he's also a mate ) inlaws to be wedding, I started at 10am with a few beers, but got totally gone before 5pm on wine, didn't plan too do it, but once I was gone I kept drinking no matter what or should told me.. Not good as I've go no memory from 4-5pm till 1am..
So I've decided to take a break from it again..

L14MNP
18-08-14, 09:42 PM
Never smoked - have tried it, to see what all the fuss was about - and never let drink have a hold over me.

I drink when I want. I do enjoy a good sesh, every now and then, or a nice cold one in the garden/garage in summer, but it's on my terms.

Fair play to everyone that's given up something!

Rab
19-08-14, 10:29 AM
I cut right back on smoking with one of they ecig vaporizer things, only smoke at work now. actually prefer that to a real cig now cause it doesn't stink!

Stuart
19-08-14, 11:40 AM
I cut right back on smoking with one of they ecig vaporizer things, only smoke at work now. actually prefer that to a real cig now cause it doesn't stink as badly, but still smells
EFA :) lol

Rab
19-08-14, 04:23 PM
EFA :) lol

haha! Smells better than stale cig smoke tho!

pete17
20-08-14, 07:17 AM
ha ha, cant say i mix the two. Beer and working on the car sounds a bit counterproductive, but working on the car, THEN beer, = a reward for your work :D

Nah, I work on cars all day without a beer or fags so when I get home its nice to chill out with a beer while doing abit of spannering on the old nova, but now that's gone its just like being at worklol

its now been over a month without either, but I must admit I do seem to be getting more done on the project, even tho I could take my time abit more now, as I will probably live longerlol

Benn
20-08-14, 04:25 PM
Can't see why you'd need a beer to enjoy your self....

Balley
20-08-14, 04:44 PM
I have never really been a big drinker and I don't smoke. I very occasionally have a beer in the evening while working on the Nova and I can see how people could get a little carried away after doing so for extended periods.

Why not try having a can of pop or something, maybe a few sweets or cakes? Just don't have to many lol!

staggy_gsi
22-08-14, 07:14 PM
Stopped smoking around two years ago almost to the day. Still miss it when working on cars or going down the scrappy etc.

As for drinking, ive never been a huge drinker really but just lately ive been enjoying it a bit more. I blame the girlfriends dad cos he loves a drink so whenever we go round he keeps em coming lol

wwmnw
08-09-14, 12:00 AM
Quit smoking years ago (round the time I stopped hanging round with gareth_c, coincidence? Lol) physically can't give up beer though, only really drink on weekends may have 3 pints mid week but I love a few too many on a weekend. Was involved in a minor crash last week and my time off to recover has just been a drunken few days :/

Stuart
08-09-14, 12:17 AM
I'm no heavy drinker, but I like a bottle some evenings after work (a bottle being 330ml, but of silly craft ale that's upto 10% lol ) but the last week I was on some epic antibiotics so haven't had a beer since two Fridays ago.... Roll on tomorrow night!!! Some lovely ales in the fridge just waiting for heir end lol