PDA

View Full Version : how fast??

MC FARMER_D
14-09-03, 12:21 PM
wots the average top speed on a 1400sr engine?
jus wondered cos mine is XXtremely rapid, an i ent even boastin.. iv had 75-80 odd goin into 3rd an still pushin.
The lad who i baught it off done stuff to it but i dnt know wot..
wot cud he have done to make it this fast cos its only a 1.4sr, an i made my m8 brick his undies yesterday..
cheers for any comments lads an lasses..
fast kev

also wots the bhp for this nova?

Fester
14-09-03, 12:26 PM
i think the quoted top speed is 103mph?

the speedos are way out on these cars, forget a pinch take a vat of salt and heave it over your shoulder :)

MC FARMER_D
14-09-03, 12:38 PM
lol, jus cudnt beleive how fast my car actually is, it drives faster than a 1.6GTE that i borrowed off my mate once.. i heard that aftre a certain speed the speedo tops out.... but this aint jus toppin out, i shit maself the first time i drove it, now i jus get more an more excited bout havin a nova that can actually beat other cars in a race...lol

Dicko
14-09-03, 12:46 PM
come race my sri and i will tell you how fast it is :)

GTE-RACER
14-09-03, 12:57 PM
If u don't wanna race Dicko, then pop ova un race my GTE, or will that be 2 eazy for ya? lol

Ste_Nova
14-09-03, 01:29 PM
wots the average top speed on a 1400sr engine?
?

my gf had mine reving at 6500 in 5th down a hill and then for 8 miles on the flat... the engine threw a rod 3 days later :lol:... now the exitsing engine in it struggles to pull 5500 in 5th.. but is very quick off the mark and midrange..... got my 1.2 head and other toys to fit soon :P