PDA

View Full Version : 1.9 tdi vw engine concerns

turbojolt
10-08-14, 06:40 PM
over the last week or so my daily has felt rather sluggush, at first I thought it was just time for some fluids and filters....but its got worse I now feel like a danger on the road pulling out onto a roundabout or t junction is like dicing with death its that slow to get going.. and earlier with no weigh in the car on a flat road it almost stalled as I pulled away from some traffic lights

what's throwing me is this list

-NO WARINGING LIGHTS
-NOT LOSING WATER
-TEMP GAUGE IS ALL GOOD
-NO EXCESSIVE SMOKE AND NOT USING OIL
-STILL AMAZING ON FUEL
-still comes on boost fine

a friend has suggested the MAF sensor may be shot. but I thought that always lead to a detrimental effect on the fuel consumption.

so is he right? I don't want to go throwing 50/60 quid at it to solve nothing

any help would be great :thumb:

Will F
10-08-14, 11:06 PM
Which engine is it? Pd?
what year and mileage?

Stuart
10-08-14, 11:27 PM
My pd130 did that, fuel filter fixed it.

turbojolt
11-08-14, 07:52 AM
Pd 90hp its a s reg only done 109k so the engine isnt on its last legs by a fair shot lol

turbojolt
11-08-14, 07:53 AM
My pd130 did that, fuel filter fixed it.

Just the fuel filter that could be a cheap easy fix

Iain
11-08-14, 08:08 AM
It felt dangerously slow when I borrowed it to tow tbh, set off and it just bogged down and barely moved

Stuart
11-08-14, 09:22 AM
PD 90 is slow :p lol

Be careful with bleeding the fuel system after... took me a day to get the bugger restarted lol

turbojolt
11-08-14, 05:04 PM
Ive booked it in for a service and check up this weekend. Stuart slow is slow but this is a hazard lol

Stuart
11-08-14, 06:15 PM
Booked it in.... You massive fanny lol its a £20 part and no time to fit. Just repriming is a game

turbojolt
11-08-14, 06:38 PM
I dont have time to do everything got a golf sat on my drive that needs stripping down and ****ing off. Keep finding myself with more and more money but less and less time recently.. its a strangly annoying yet good situation to be in lol

kbnova
11-08-14, 08:16 PM
if its a s reg 90bhp, its not a pd engine, just the old style tdi unit block the egr pipe off go from there, even remove the pipe on the throttle body and check that its clean in there, no crap build up, before you spend any money

turbojolt
11-08-14, 08:44 PM
Could have sworn it was a pd engine. where would you say to look to double check?

mowgli
12-08-14, 12:54 PM
fill the filter with fresh diesel. takes minutes...

Connor
12-08-14, 02:00 PM
Could be plenty of things, they are notorious for boost/power issues (as i have found out :rolleyes: ) get it code-read and see if it chucks up anything sensor wise. My guess is either the egr is getting stuck and needs a decoke, the variable veins in the turbo are seized so only allowing it to partial boost, or it needs a good service.
If the service doesnt solve it, try and blag a friends car thats pre-pd and swap sensors over maf/n75 boost control valve/map etc