PDA

View Full Version : Roll cage

vauxluva
09-08-14, 01:43 PM
Any of you chaps running with them?. A mate of mine has had a bad crash in his xr2 running big bhp.......he not in a good way. I am building a corsa xe with 4.0s ect..would a nova cage fit?

L14MNP
09-08-14, 03:13 PM
Sorry to hear about your mate.
The potential of being seriously hurt is one thing that is always on my mind, when driving my RS1600i (or any old car), so I drive accordingly.

A typical bolt-in 6 point roll cage won't be of any benefit in a front end impact.
It is always going to be a risk you take, in older tin.

I am pretty sure a Nova cage won't fit a Corsa.
If you do want a cage, buy a proper sized one for your car. There will be loads out there for sale.

vauxluva
09-08-14, 03:27 PM
I am not wanting a little one i would prefer a full size.I want one that goes over my head ect. It was the roof that came in on him. At least the corsa has crumple zones on the front end. that xr2 has nothing at all to salvage not even the st170 lump. Cheers for your concern even if it is a ford.

bazzap8389
09-08-14, 07:39 PM
http://www.customcages.co.uk/Rollcage/LoadRollCage.castle?manufacturer=Vauxhall&model=Corsa%20B&type=Multipoint

mk1nova_rich
09-08-14, 08:16 PM
The trouble with cages in road cars is they introduce other safety issues - they are designed to be used in conjunction with bucket seats and helmets. Without those then you increase the risk of head injuries in an accident.

Also they can stiffen the car up in places decreasing the amount of energy absorption hence transferring larger forces through to the driver