PDA

View Full Version : coolant flush

silk violet
05-08-14, 08:18 PM
Hi can any 1 tell me what hoses to take off and where I put my hose pipe to flush coolant out and should I run engine while doing it...?

Benn
05-08-14, 09:07 PM
Engine off. I take the bottom rad pipe off, main bit to flush is the matrix. So put the hose in one of them...

scott.parker
06-08-14, 10:59 AM
I always use to do it this way, bottom rad pipe off, remove the jubilee clip, if you can place the car with rad pipe over a drain, or at least on the road for less mess on the drive.. Then I've always run the hose into the header tank, and yes engine running up until the water is clean and clear, catch some in a bowl or something to see if there's any rusty debris etc.

Johnny A
06-08-14, 11:49 AM
I used to empty the system, fill with water and pre-mixed biological washing powder solution (smells nice too). Drive up and down the road till hot, switch off and drain, fill with water, run down the road, drain and fill with coolant.

silk violet
06-08-14, 01:40 PM
I have flushed system 1 already and there was rust colour in there but flushed it out and now I done it a second time and there is still traces of rust colour in there maybe I need to flush matrix as described....? cheers for your help lads..

Stuart
06-08-14, 01:49 PM
You wont get it perfectly clean... so long as there isnt sludge coming you then you are sorted.

dishwasher tablets are also good for a deep clean lol