PDA

View Full Version : Gaz coilovers and equal length shaft

Wazza30
04-08-14, 04:20 PM
I bought a brand new set of gaz coilovers for my let nova has anyone had the problem of rear springs hitting the body of the car when they are put on?

May have been covered before

Also I have a standard equal length shaft and when I fit it and bolt it to the block with the shorter outer cv joint it pushes whole hub outwards and won't line up with bottom ball joint anyone had that problem or have I got to change the cv joints and shafts for shorter ones?

Iain
04-08-14, 04:25 PM
Yeah they can touch, depends on your ride height as some heights give a bit more clearance. Big hammer to fix it I'm afraid, unless you want to turret it.

Sounds like you've got the wrong outer shaft, you need a Nova-specific outer shaft to suit the equal length setup.

Wazza30
04-08-14, 04:29 PM
Yeah they can touch, depends on your ride height as some heights give a bit more clearance. Big hammer to fix it I'm afraid, unless you want to turret it.

Sounds like you've got the wrong outer shaft, you need a Nova-specific outer shaft to suit the equal length setup.

The springs just touch that lip inside there rear arch or grind it down a bit I don't want to turret it.

As for the shaft I used my calibre out joint, do you know where I can get the right shaft to use?

Iain
04-08-14, 04:37 PM
David Dixon on here I think can supply the right shaft. Use the standard big block outer that's not a problem.

Don't grind as you don't want to thin the metal, it's the seam at the bottom mine touched too, lump hammer will tickle it away.

Stuart
04-08-14, 04:41 PM
when you put it back on the ground the spring should move away from the bodywork.

Johnny A
04-08-14, 04:47 PM
As Iian said really, on my Nova I lowered the back about 70mm and there is plenty of room.

As for the equal length setup you only use the fixed centre shaft from a Cav/Cally, the moving shafts are aftermarket only and clip into Cav/Cally big block CV joints

Wazza30
04-08-14, 09:58 PM
I did wonder maybe if i set the height up as wont be going silly low then maybe the spring should move away from the body.

That will explain about the shafts i did look and think maybe i will have to change both shafts i'm guessing from david dixon? and just use the normal cv joints.

Iain
04-08-14, 11:24 PM
Yeah if you don't have a passenger side buy the pair of conversion shafts

Wazza30
04-08-14, 11:46 PM
Yeah if you don't have a passenger side buy the pair of conversion shafts

At the moment i'm using the 300bhp shafts but couldn't figure out why the equal length didn't fit properly lol