PDA

View Full Version : best suspension on nova let.

torquey
03-08-14, 06:05 PM
Whats the best suspension setup to use on a stripped out rear nova c20let. Iam using fk shocks on the rear with 100 mm springs. Gaz coilovers on the front. Iam finding the car very hard in the rear when hitting the smallest pothole. Was thinking rear coilovers but will it need tubbing out?

Kev Turbo
03-08-14, 06:13 PM
100mm springs doing you no favours here.

Throwing a let in and lowering it 100mm is a recipe for a rough ride.

Gaz coil overs can be fitted front and rear without turrets. The short body kit will let you run at 100mm if that's a must.

torquey
03-08-14, 07:04 PM
Thats what i thought with the rear springs being tiny. Wanting to fit gaz rear coilovers but got told the turrets needed strengthing. I want it low but not a rough ride if thats possible lol.

bazzap8389
03-08-14, 09:18 PM
I know that avo rear coilovers go on also.

Stuart
03-08-14, 09:28 PM
It's not about the brands etc, its about the springs and damper settings.....

you ou could have Penske or ohlins on there but if you balls up the settings it will handle like ham

Benn
04-08-14, 08:40 AM
Poundage! That should be your first thought every time.

Fk iirc are high, so they are hard. Get a good set up and height wont affect it. I run a higher poundage than more people, but then adjust the stiffness on the shock, so i get a nice comfy ride that's firm and handles how i want.

Nick J
04-08-14, 11:39 AM
Can't beat a bit of hard poundage ;)

Johnny A
04-08-14, 12:43 PM
Gaz coil overs can be fitted front and rear without turrets. The short body kit will let you run at 100mm if that's a must.

But be warned that running the Gaz "ultra low" rear coilovers at 100mm means the shocker is near the end of it's travel... making the ride harsh again.

craig green
04-08-14, 01:14 PM
LET engined Nova but afraid/cba'd to turret the back end? Odd.

If you had some weight in the back the current setup wouldnt feel so harsh.

Stuart
04-08-14, 01:21 PM
and backed off the damping a lot

Johnny A
04-08-14, 01:56 PM
LET engined Nova but afraid/cba'd to turret the back end?

No need, the coilovers I have give ample room. All that is really need is a bit of stitch welding to beef up the factory turret

Iain
04-08-14, 03:19 PM
And maybe/ideally a bit of strengthening on the bottom mount on the beam, although I've managed with no side effects to date.

Johnny A
04-08-14, 03:33 PM
And maybe/ideally a bit of strengthening on the bottom mount on the beam, although I've managed with no side effects to date.

Possibly, but looking at the design its robust enough and I have not seen it necessary to add some extra meat to the area.

Benn
04-08-14, 04:54 PM
But be warned that running the Gaz "ultra low" rear coilovers at 100mm means the shocker is near the end of it's travel... making the ride harsh again.

Get a custom set ;)

Benn
04-08-14, 04:57 PM

I believe they could/should have bit of extra adding on.

Possibly, but looking at the design its robust enough and I have not seen it necessary to add some extra meat to the area.

If like i have you've remove your hubs a few times. both parts of the shock mount get very soft... And the snap off!

One from each side of mine has been re-welded back on. I want to Beef both sides up over the winter.

Johnny A
04-08-14, 05:10 PM
Get a custom set ;)

Or me, my welder and 1 hour. This way I can maintain more shocker travel too :D

Johnny A
04-08-14, 05:10 PM
One from each side of mine has been re-welded back on. I want to Beef both sides up over the winter.

Useful, might do it just to cover my ass then!

Benn
04-08-14, 05:27 PM
You know when you remove/unbolt a hub the bracket some times get bent out of the way a lil so you can get to the bolts.... PING! and it's on the floor.

Johnny A
04-08-14, 05:31 PM
You know when you remove/unbolt a hub the bracket some times get bent out of the way a lil so you can get to the bolts.... PING! and it's on the floor.

Thing is the car will simply lower itself more and people will think I did it on purpose lol

I haven't started modding the rear beam yet but when I do I will thicken up the brackets :)

Mieran
04-08-14, 11:20 PM
Look in Johnnys build thread, what hes doing is only way to make a nova handle, off the shelf stuff wont

Johnny A
04-08-14, 11:28 PM
Look in Johnnys build thread, what hes doing is only way to make a nova handle, off the shelf stuff wont

Ironically its not being used on track lol

Benn
05-08-14, 09:28 AM
Thing is the car will simply lower itself more and people will think I did it on purpose lol

I haven't started modding the rear beam yet but when I do I will thicken up the brackets :)

Rally Design do some nice ones, i'm gonna copy their design...lol

torquey
05-08-14, 03:28 PM
Never said i was afraid or cba to turret the backend. Iam asking a question if it needed to be done or have people not done it and had no problems. Think you need to read my questions and answers properly before commenting.