PDA

View Full Version : GTE tailgate

Mel
13-09-03, 11:09 PM
My brother got me a scrap GTE tailgate with the spoiler on. i was wondering if its possible to get the GTE spoiler off and stick it on my nova's tailgate. If so, how is it stuck on? i cant seem to see any way of getting it off without damaging it..

Thanks

DazK
13-09-03, 11:19 PM
open the tailgate at the top on the inside there will be 4 (i think) little nuts .. undo these , then from the outside pull the spoiler off from the bottom moving upwards , needs a fair bit of force tho and u might crack the paint in the process :lol: ( its stuck down with double sided sticky pads).. go all the way round until it comes off

ull need to drill the holes on ur other car tho :!: and refit with some new sticky pads.

Mark
13-09-03, 11:26 PM
I have seen quite a few people just chop the four 'bolts' off and just use GOOD tape to re-fix it...

DazK
13-09-03, 11:31 PM
i wouldnt recommend doing that really

imagine if it flew off at speed , could cause some serious damage if it hit another car .. drilling the holes are easy enuf ! :P

Mel
13-09-03, 11:33 PM
thank you. i had already removed the screws, tried pulling, wouldnt budge..so thought i'd better ask just in case i broke it lol

stripping paint doesnt matter to me: its scrap, so already 2 diff colours lol..it needs painting anyway, so no probs :D

*edited to correct spelling mistake*

Mark
13-09-03, 11:39 PM
Lets be honest Daz, if using stuff like vauxhall what chance or it 'falling' off, I have enough trouble pulling the damn things off..... :lol:

DazK
13-09-03, 11:58 PM
ok true :lol:

if u cant be bothered drilling the holes do what corsanova said and cut em off :? then bond it on with silkaflex or something , wont budge at all then!, but if it does blame corsanova :P :P :P

uv removed the bolts but cant get it off? typical woman :lol: joke :P

give it some stick , it'll soon come off :)

Mark
14-09-03, 12:02 AM
but if it does blame corsanova

Thanks Daz......... :lol:

I always found thay came off real easy when the car had been sat out in the sun for a few hours on a really hot day....SO might be worth a try using a hairdryer on one bit at a time........ :idea:

DazK
14-09-03, 01:09 AM
but if it does blame corsanova

Thanks Daz......... :lol:

no probs 8)
if it does fall off ull send her a FREE replacement wont ya mate :lol: :P :P

Mark
14-09-03, 01:19 AM
Yep, no probs, I send a free one......

(What was your address again Daz?) :lol: